IGNORED

Is CCM the devils plot to polute good Christian music?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Are you all talking about the magazine CCM?

I have a magazine from the mid 1990's and it has CCM on the

cover.... I don't see anything evil about the mag at all, or the bands.

I work in the christian music industry.... christian metal.

The bands are no different than any other christian...

We all have our issues... and we all love the Lord.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

This debate never made sense to me. If you took the words from "Amazing Grace" and fit them into a heavy metal song, would they suddenly be from satan?

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

This debate never made sense to me. If you took the words from "Amazing Grace" and fit them into a heavy metal song, would they suddenly be from satan?

Believe it or not, but when I was a Christian music DJ, I heard exactly that. The guy was full of it, of course, and I reminded everyone on air that many of the hymns they love so much are just re-worded bar tunes.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Ever heard of "thebandwithnoname"? They did quite a good and different cover of Amazing grace (well I like it anyway)!

Edited by Luke

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

I heard it said that bands that play "ccm" are doing the devils work. Aparrently the music is "rooted in satanism" because it has an up-beat sound and is rock n' roll. People like Michael W Smith, Hillsongs, Vinyards, Casting Crowns and the like are doing a terrible thing. What do you think about that?

I will respond to your remarks tomorrow. I look forward to hearing what you all have to say about the above.

God bless!

from damo1

hay i read what you have suggested and i feel you need to do more search your self on this as i listen to hill song and other stuff that is comming out i also play the guitar my self and have christian friends in bands and i wil say playing christian music or to reach out to a diffrent generation to wear the message off christ can be preached is good and not bad i listien to christian rock and heavey mettal my self and this does not mean that i am alowing the devil in or to have a hold on me when i was not a christian i use to listen to ac/dc led zeplin pink floyed and the music i was listning to i liked it until i began to do some digging into the back ground and all that i was listning to was so vile like matalica i had all there albums and when i gave my heart to god i had to repent and i had get rid off what i had as the music i listend to was degrading women to wear it was normal to act out violently

we also need to be care full as many good bands have fallen like stripper i loved these guys and when i heard that the band had split and gone back to there old ways i was sad yet a lot had to do with the lack of support they had from with in the christian community these guys wear out there and any one knows when you are in the front line you come under heavey attack by the enemy as he hates those that want to take the gospal into areas that have not had the gospel preached yet stripper did this and i supported them one hundred percent even though many hatted what they wear doing and we need to be very care full i would rather have christian music playing on our air ways than the rubbish that is played these days on our local radio stations and the new music that is comming out today threw the secular world is rubbish look at creed when they came out they wear awsem know they have fallen appart we need too support our local christan music and the bands that are comming out

form damo1

Guest Robert R

An elderly gentleman at a church I once attended told us about the big debate about whether the electric organ was of the devil. He said that when they bought their first organ, that many thought it was of the devil. CCM, same old stupid argument, new instruments.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

My user name, as indicated in my signature, is inspired by a CCM band.

:emot-shakehead:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

I have heard some CC music that is real garbage with garbage lyrics. For the most however, I find nothing wrong with it. Believe it or not I also still love the classic hymn. Some of them will never get old by time.