sport123

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Is it wrong to pray for a specific person to be your future mate and expect something to happen? Especially if they are dating someone else at the time, not married, just dating. Could it just be a timing issue and a need to wait, or should I just let it go and move on. :huh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

that question depends on, Are you strong with God enough if he says no? Submit yourself to God, he will lead the way for the rest. don't pray that you be with a person, bu tpray that if it's in Gods will he would reveal if you should be with that person.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

No it's not wrong to pray that a specific person comes into your life. We can ask God anything. But we must ask Him according to His will. If it's His will it will happen, if not move on.

I had this in my daily study today:

whenever we pray, we are to pray in accordance with God's will. In other words "God, do what You want". it's not easy to pray this way. It's hard sometimes to pray "Your will be done", when we know that is God has His way, we will not always get our way. Jesus knew, as we now do, that if we are to become effective in prayer (not self-centered), then we must face up to the question: whose will comes first - mine or God's? I must be willing to say : "God, do what You wnat." That is the bottom line in prayer.

Sorry I couldn't quote who wrote it, for I don't know.

The prayer at the end was:

"Gracious Father, I am grateful for the gentle and loving way You are putting Your finger on the obstacles in my life. Give me the attitude that puts Your will first and my will second. "

:rolleyes:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I think if that person is in a relationship then they might be praying that the marry the person that they are with. just be careful what you pray for. You could be expecting that person to be one way and end up with them and they be totally different. And another thing if that person is for you then God will make it possible, just consult God and he'll direct your path.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Is it wrong to pray for a specific person to be your future mate and expect something to happen? Especially if they are dating someone else at the time, not married, just dating. Could it just be a timing issue and a need to wait, or should I just let it go and move on. :rolleyes:

I think if I were single again, instead of praying for a specific person to be my mate; I'd pray for God to send me the one, He wanted me to have. :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

Is it wrong to pray for a specific person to be your future mate and expect something to happen? Especially if they are dating someone else at the time, not married, just dating. Could it just be a timing issue and a need to wait, or should I just let it go and move on. :rolleyes:

I think if I were single again, instead of praying for a specific person to be my mate; I'd pray for God to send me the one, He wanted me to have. :laugh:

And having been through it all more than once, I think I would ask the Lord for grace to remain as I was.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Is it wrong to pray for a specific person to be your future mate and expect something to happen? Especially if they are dating someone else at the time, not married, just dating. Could it just be a timing issue and a need to wait, or should I just let it go and move on. :th_praying:

I think if I were single again, instead of praying for a specific person to be my mate; I'd pray for God to send me the one, He wanted me to have. :wub:

And having been through it all more than once, I think I would ask the Lord for grace to remain as I was.

In your case Mutzrien, I'm glad that you are able to do this; but if you read the scriputures you will also note that it says; " Not everyone is able to recieve this"; in another scripture it says; " it is better to marry than to burn".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

In your case Mutzrien, I'm glad that you are able to do this; but if you read the scriputures you will also note that it says; " Not everyone is able to recieve this"; in another scripture it says; " it is better to marry than to burn".

But that doesn't mean marry just anyone.

Is it wrong to pray for a specific person to be your future mate and expect something to happen? Especially if they are dating someone else at the time, not married, just dating.

Why would you covet another mans woman?

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

So much better to simply trust in the heart of God. He truly loves you and plans for you the best. So often our own desires keep us from receiving that which God would have us to have. Loosing is a marvelous wonderful way to live. Just give over to God and trust in Him. And indeed we are to beware of all covetousness..........nothing but trouble along that line.