• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

GardenDove:

You mention your son is a "good and conservative" young man. Is he a Born Again Believer in Jesus?

We are Catholics and don't use that terminology in the Catholic faith.

Well Jesus won't hold that against you. :th_praying:

It doesn't matter whether you are Baptist, Pentecostoal or Catholic, Jesus' Word is all that matters and it's His Words, not man's. I don't know if you believe The Bible (some do , some believe what they are told or taught) but, Jesus dealt with very real demons in His day. Showed and told just who and what they are. Asked them their names and they had to obey and answer. They were and are real.

We have subjugated His Word as a society believing our medical sciences and advances have a better answer calling the very demons Jesus dealt with "medical problems" or "anomalies" fixable by our pharmacuetical and bio sciences. We could never be further from the Truth. Most "mind drugs" (and that is what they are) bend the brains synapsis and neural transmitting to abnormal waves and in-balances to correct yet, I have never seen anyone cured by these medications....addicted, controlled (at times, not always) and even died from them but, never cured by them.

These are the last days and Jesus said satan (and his ilk) would be running and roaring more than they were back in His time. Your son needs Jesus and His deliverance. We will pray for him and put him in our Daily list. But consider finding Jesus for real and not in Religion.

My Father-in-law was Catholic. He ended up in hospice before Christmas after a leg amputation failed to arrest the gangrene running rampant in his body and poisoning him. We gathered our daughters (one married with children and one at home) and went to see him one last time (850 miles away) New Year's weekend. The Lord kept telling me we could not let him die without real Grace offerred to him. I told the Lord He would have to make a way alone with Robert and, He did on Monday - New Years Day. Robert believed that being baptised with Holy Water and his last rites being done would get him into heaven. I asked him if he really believed that solidly and had no doubts. He didn't know and was scared.

I told him what Jesus said to do and asked if he wanted to do that. He said yes. I laid an anointed hand on his forehead, took his hand into my right hand and we prayed. The Power of the Holy Spirit moved as He accepted Jesus for Real and plus forgave out of his heart all others. He lived exactly seven days before the Lord took him home. But much to the shock of everyone, (not to me) since they all thought he was getting better. He was uplifted and happy that whole week. My wife and I know why. Men's Religions will get you death and a lot of misery before then. Jesus is the Only Life giver and abundant Life Giver and the Only Healer.

That is what your son needs.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  198
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I had several severe panic attacks several years ago. I went to the hospital, thinking I was having a heart attack. It was so scary. I took xanax and atenelol for a couple years, which helped. I get them once in a while still, but not as severe. When they happen, it's still hard to believe I'm NOT having a heart attack. I feel like I'm going to die.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Probably this wasn't the best place to get information about this disorder. I believe it is mostly a physiological disorder that has an emotional and spiritual component. I don't think it's demonic, and really wasn't interested in any theological debates. Prayer is helpful, of course, but these types of attacks are a medical problem, in my opinion.

Thanks.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I'm pretty sure they are related to some type of malfunction of the sympathetic nervous system that gets triggered by emotional stimuli. thanks for all the responses. My son is feeling better today and thinking about how to better manage his stress.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Just thought I would mention that I have a friend who had panic attacks and was really in bad shape. She became part of a group that helped her to learn HOW to respond in a more life giving way to stress. She has been tremendously helped and changed in her ability to live and deal with stress. From what I have seen through the years, the ability to deal with stress in a life giving way has to be learned. I trust that your son will receive such vital help and find his way safely through this difficult time for him.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Garden Dove,

I had been plagued with severe panic attacks before in my life. First even though the way it happened sounded pretty traumatic I think that God has opened the door for intervention to start. With my panic attacks I started by treating them with anti-anxiety meds, which they should probably prescribe. Then an important step was counseling where I not only learned some breathing and focusing exercises to help get them under control but also was able to get to the root of the cause, a trauma that happened 20 years before. Then God, through a christian counselor, a supportive body of believers, prayer and faith healed me of the problem. So just stand on the fact that God is supplying a route for healing. Sometimes it starts with mental health care providers so that your son can get over the worst of it so God can work.

Father I thank You for being with this beloved child and thank You for the work You are about to do. I ask that you give this child the assurance to know that You are in control. Work through those professionals to bring him back to a place where fear does not plague and affect him. Send your Holy Spirit to comfort a parent's heart. Thank You for Your mighty hand on this situation. In Jesus Holy Name,Amen.

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

Don't want to get too personal but could you share with us if some Traumatic situations were going on in your life? The reason I ask , is I remember having "some kind of attack" in college years back at 36, I was back in college and about to have our 2 child, a daughter. I remember being sticken with panic; trying to study for exams one night and had to "feed" the infant because she was crying at 2 am for her feeding. I remember being upset because my wife didn't have any idea what I was putting myself through at 36 struggling to complete college and having another child. Was i GOING CRAZY? I did get past it, but I also decided that school was not a priority since we had been doing quite well and owned our own business, and working for the other guyl plus being in the Military , all at the same time. The worse times were also the best times! Kind of strange huh?

Blessings

Cajunboy

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

It doesn't matter whether you are Baptist, Pentecostoal or Catholic, Jesus' Word is all that matters and it's His Words, not man's. I don't know if you believe The Bible (some do , some believe what they are told or taught) but, Jesus dealt with very real demons in His day. Showed and told just who and what they are. Asked them their names and they had to obey and answer. They were and are real.

We have subjugated His Word as a society believing our medical sciences and advances have a better answer calling the very demons Jesus dealt with "medical problems" or "anomalies" fixable by our pharmacuetical and bio sciences. We could never be further from the Truth. Most "mind drugs" (and that is what they are) bend the brains synapsis and neural transmitting to abnormal waves and in-balances to correct yet, I have never seen anyone cured by these medications....addicted, controlled (at times, not always) and even died from them but, never cured by them.

These are the last days and Jesus said satan (and his ilk) would be running and roaring more than they were back in His time. Your son needs Jesus and His deliverance. We will pray for him and put him in our Daily list. But consider finding Jesus for real and not in Religion.

AMEN Brother!!!

We all want a quick fix.. Most of our chemical imbalances are from our emotional issues.

But instead of addressing our issues we subdue them with meds.

Just like what illegal drug addicts do...

We are in a dangerous time.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

AMEN Brother!!!

We all want a quick fix.. Most of our chemical imbalances are from our emotional issues.

But instead of addressing our issues we subdue them with meds.

Just like what illegal drug addicts do...

We are in a dangerous time.

Gracious! Demons may be real and indeed they are, BUT by no means can you say that someone you do not even know and who is obviously having a difficult time with stress needs to address demons. More than likely, it is a matter of setting priorities, getting things straight and simply learning how to deal with issues. Let me tell you when we get too much going in our lives, we can have some mighty strong reactions. And we simply have to readjust our ways of thinking and responding and living. We have to learn how to live. Getting rid of Demons is NOT the answer to everything.

• Content Count:  633
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

Gracious! Demons may be real and indeed they are, BUT by no means can you say that someone you do not even know and who is obviously having a difficult time with stress needs to address demons. More than likely, it is a matter of setting priorities, getting things straight and simply learning how to deal with issues. Let me tell you when we get too much going in our lives, we can have some mighty strong reactions. And we simply have to readjust our ways of thinking and responding and living. We have to learn how to live. Getting rid of Demons is NOT the answer to everything.

The devil's greatest lie today is that he doesn't exist or isn't causing much of what we see in disorders and diseaase. I am not one to call every disease a demon like many do but, I do know the ways of the adversary and when a human being not Truely convered by the Blood of Jesus and Abiding in Him as He calls to do, goes violent and out of the ordinary actions to where they need to be subdued, it's a demon sure enough. The crazed man at teh tombs that Jesus cast out the many demons called legion, if he could undergo a scan and tests before Jesus cast them out, I will say it would come up a lot of imbalances of Brain chemicals and waves. Same with the man's son who threw himself down and Jesus' disciples couldn't cast it out.

And, as I posted, it is written that it would only be worse today than it was in Jesus' time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I'm pretty sure they are related to some type of malfunction of the sympathetic nervous system that gets triggered by emotional stimuli. thanks for all the responses. My son is feeling better today and thinking about how to better manage his stress.

Severe stress can be disaterous because of the adrenialine that it causes and if it is a disorder then it is as shephardsgrace has said that your son has to learn to manage his stress and he can be taught how to do this but I would seek the advice and help of a doctor.

I do not believe these types of things are demonic as some are saying but physical.

OC