• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  248
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Hello~

Today many people are being cremated rather then buried, mostly because of the cost of a burial funeral.

Will the people who chose to be cremated, will they meet Jesus Christ in the clouds, upon wakening?

Liz4JC

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

Hello~

Today many people are being cremated rather then buried, mostly because of the cost of a burial funeral.

Will the people who chose to be cremated, will they meet Jesus Christ in the clouds, upon wakening?

Liz4JC

Some godly believers die in horrific house fires. It is not a problem for an omnipotent God to bodily resurrect all believers whether they drown, decay (like we all will), burn, etc.

Unbelievers will not meet Jesus. Believers, regardless of how their temporary bodies are disposed of, will meet Jesus.

Cremation did have pagan roots (Hindu, etc.). Christian burial symbolizes death and resurrection (cf. Christ's). I think we could argue for burial over cremation based on principles. Many believers are cremated now for practical reasons and costs. This is not a heaven or hell issue, but a conscience issue. God will judge the motive, not a legalistic position.

While I favor burial (Christian vs pagan tradition), I would not be quick to judge my fellow believers who chose cremation.

Guest Goofy_Superstar

It seems not to matter, I mean your body is a worldly possesion. When you die you don't need it so it doesn't matter what happens to it.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Doesn't matter. If you aren't cremated then eventually your body will decompose to the point that its just dust anyway. It will take a while, but it will eventually happen.

As was said before, your body is a worldly possession of which you do not require in Heaven.

:thumbsup:

No Problem for Jesus!

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:"

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

"Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18)

Love, Joe

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Doesn't matter. If you aren't cremated then eventually your body will decompose to the point that its just dust anyway. It will take a while, but it will eventually happen.

As was said before, your body is a worldly possession of which you do not require in Heaven.

Actually we will use our body in heaven :thumbsup: whats the purpose of resurection of the believers if their bodies stay in the ground! Our souls go to heaven immediately when we die. So the only reason the dead in christ would rise would be their bodies rise again in perfect form to return to their souls.

If you think about it, it is in agreement with scripture. God created adam out of the dust of the earth. he was perfect. Then sinned. If he had not sinned he would be communing with God still to this day. So the body is important in that it will live on after christ returns for his church.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

Actually we will use our body in heaven ;) whats the purpose of resurection of the believers if their bodies stay in the ground! Our souls go to heaven immediately when we die. So the only reason the dead in christ would rise would be their bodies rise again in perfect form to return to their souls.

If you think about it, it is in agreement with scripture. God created adam out of the dust of the earth. he was perfect. Then sinned. If he had not sinned he would be communing with God still to this day. So the body is important in that it will live on after christ returns for his church.

Gen 3:19 By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return."

Sounds like We won't need our bodies, or have them.

Does God want us buried in the ground or cremated?

That's a question I never asked myself. It was always obvious to me I will eventually be cremated, not to take up too much space.

Good question, I'll ask my advisor :blink::blink:

• Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

Hello~

Liz4JC

Some godly believers die in horrific house fires. It is not a problem for an omnipotent God to bodily resurrect all believers whether they drown, decay (like we all will), burn, etc.

Unbelievers will not meet Jesus. Believers, regardless of how their temporary bodies are disposed of, will meet Jesus.

Cremation did have pagan roots (Hindu, etc.). Christian burial symbolizes death and resurrection (cf. Christ's). I think we could argue for burial over cremation based on principles. Many believers are cremated now for practical reasons and costs. This is not a heaven or hell issue, but a conscience issue. God will judge the motive, not a legalistic position.

While I favor burial (Christian vs pagan tradition), I would not be quick to judge my fellow believers who chose cremation.

I don't know where I stand...but I like your answer...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

I'd want the cheapest method possible so as not to be a financial burden after death.

Shucks, I'd be willing to go swim with the fishes. :blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

From a scriptural standpoint cremation is fine. The body embalmed and buried in a casket and not cremated in the ground will decompose in the same way over the centuries as someone who is cremated, it will just take longer. Those who died in Christ in the year 500, their bodies are dust today, no different than being cremated.

I do think though that it is nice to have a place, some specific place in the ground that your dust or body is put down, dust to dust, and this place would be somewhere your family could go and remember, it is in some ways a grounding. But that is just me, and that is not scripture.