Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I loved married with children for a long time will not watch the reruns now as I realize just how smutty they are The Lord opened my eyes to it and it broke my heat that I had watched this show for so long

I have been condemmend for not watching the Lion the witch and the wardrobe because it has a christian theme underneath it I was juding it by its title

well I still will not watch it .

I don't read romance novels but do love biographys christian fiction and some suspense and reading is a joy to me but I have to be careful what books I do read. Did I read the DaVinci Code yes but only for one reason so that I could answer questions my neighbor ask about it did I like the book NO did I pray before reading it YES !!!

I think the Lord does care what we read and what we watch on TV and what movies we go to

In Christ

IreneM

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

I am becomeing convinced more and more that it is very important what we put into our minds. The tought life is the place that feeds all other aspects of our lives. If we want to be trully transformed spiritually, we need to be especially mindful of the information we are putting into our minds.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Irene, I think you are right on! Like many here I have seen programs and read books that I could tell, even at the time, were immoral. Yes, I also made a decision not to view or read any of that stuff any more. The interesting thing is, the closer you get to Jesus the more your tastes in literature change! I'm speaking as a confirmed bookworm. In fact, just last week I bought a book by a good author and began to read it. I threw it out after the first chapter. Not because it had bad language or such, but just because the story seemed irrelavent. It had no grand theme. Even in fiction now I want to read something that has that grand theme---you know, that everlasting theme!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

Do you think God care what we watch on TV or the Books we read

In Christ

IreneM

A resounding ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

Guest Biblicist
Irene, I think you are right on! Like many here I have seen programs and read books that I could tell, even at the time, were immoral. Yes, I also made a decision not to view or read any of that stuff any more. The interesting thing is, the closer you get to Jesus the more your tastes in literature change! I'm speaking as a confirmed bookworm. In fact, just last week I bought a book by a good author and began to read it. I threw it out after the first chapter. Not because it had bad language or such, but just because the story seemed irrelavent. It had no grand theme. Even in fiction now I want to read something that has that grand theme---you know, that everlasting theme!

Right on the money! :thumbsup:

Not only has my taste changed in television, books and movies, but also talk shows. I used to watch Dr Phil, I think he gives great advise. Recently, when I watch him, I have begun to realize that while his advise is "good" it's not Biblical. He may have some good ideas about how to solve problems but he does not/is not able to get to the heart of their problems.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

What those of us as Christians living in the 21st century need to realize--just as men such as G.K. Chesterton realized back in 1908 and C.S. Lewis realized in the '50's--is that the spiritual life is not solely about rules and regulations, teaching and theology, lectures and sermons. Life with Jesus is meant to be lived, not smothered, dissected, inspected, or condemned. As followers of Christ we need to desperately seek to transform the culture, not block it out. There needs to be an unwavering commitment to developing the mind of Christ, a cultivation of the Christian mind, an integration (not separation) of faith and reason.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

I don't disagree with Marnie, or Gia and Leonard for that matter, I said for "me" because each of us have certain things that cripple our walk, what is a stumbling block for me would not bother somebody else. If God touches you and says, this is something YOU should not do, then stay away from it. My stumbling block was certain books and movies that I liked watching, yet these same stories filled me with fear, yes I love horror stories, after I stopped myself from watching/reading them, I found God came closer and eased my mind and worries. I don't read threads on here about demons and such for the exact same reason. These type of things hurt my walk.

I am in agreement with you. I am a firm believer in the Holy Spirit convicting people of what is right and wrong in their Christian walk. I love crime dramas (My favorite shows are: CSI, CSI Miami, Numbers, The Unit, and my absolute favorite at the moment: Criminal Minds). This is secular TV...which some Christians would be appaled at. Some Christians do not allow a television set in their homes...but that is their choice.

Now there are some things I do not watch...like late night HBO! LOL! If I have a feeling of guilt for laying my eyes on something, I *gasp* turn the tube to a different channel.

I believe God cares what we become obsessed with, what our thoughts dwell on...but if you are like me...you are busy and constantly going...if I get a moment to stop and dwell on a show I watched on TV...I would be be absolutely amazed.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I wrote a letter once to CBS about a gay themed program they Wrote back if you don't like it don't watch we are tired of all of your groups christian opinions Well if being a christian is a group I stand convicted guess they don't care what christians think

l I no longer even watch CBS infact the most I watch now is the news and Boston Legal once and awhile

And Boy Meets World on the disney Channel as I have always liked that show and find nothing wrong with it and think it was great that the writers even had the char. wait till they were married to fool around to me that is a principal I can appreciate. Seems the writer of the show is was actually a christian .........

I can't read romance novels I find them so yucky and so not real

I love to read thow and so have to be careful what I do get

Not into science fiction either guess I have enough trouble dealing with the real world don't need to try to figuree out the pretend world

I love my PBS King Henry and Queen Eliz. series the old ones not the new ones

had to buy them but the are fun to watch and I like that period in history when the church was changing and growing and Martin Leuther made a differnece in the world

There is just so much garbage on TV now that It seems a wast to even have satallite TV but I do use it for the music I like the classical and the oldies and even the oldies is starting to now sound so good any more I find myslef listening to the lerics and think boy what a song

Many Christians love Country music I do not but to each is own

(I grew up listening to country music as it was the only music allowed in our home so I know that the music can been fun to listen to )

In Christ

IreneM

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  248
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

"Be careful, little eyes, what you see..."

I agree with you, in the years before i always watch tv but later on i realize it is not worthy to watch because it is not good for our spiritual relationship with God because it can drift us away from God more, even books, games etc. only i watch news on tv to see what s going on in the world also i do comet o the computer and look at it what s going on in the world. because there is so much violences and alots of insulting using God's names. i kept telling my kids no not right not watch they said oh that is the show. that makes me sad to see them not realize that it is n ot right in God's eyes also the christians thinks it is nothing wrong to watch or no big deal..

we should be more focus on God's Words everyday and apply to our lives to follow Him and Obey Him.

in Him

DC

I love to read love stories. However, I don't care to read the descriptive words for the making love anymore. So I skip those pages and read on.

TV and movies that have fowl language I turn off and do something else in that time frame. Like come and visit Worthy forums.

Liz4JC