• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

Broken-Record time or not, it comes down to transformation and discernment. It's as simple as that! There is more to this process of impacting and transforming the world for Christ than just the act of transformation itself. We followers of Christ should also keep in mind that, in the eyes of the modern world, we are odd. This oddness is a gift from God, because if we are odd, then we get noticed. If we get noticed, therein lies our chance to influence and to transform!

What characterizes Christianity in the 21st century is its oddness. To the rest of humanity, followers of Christ are odd! This is important because it is the quality that adds color, variety, texture, and beauty to the human condition. Christ does not make us the same; what He does is affirm our different-ness. Oddness is the consequence of following the One who made us unique, different, and in His image!

In C.S. Lewis's The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, the White Witch has turned many of the inhabitants of Narnia into stone, but Aslan, the Christ figure, jumps into the stone courtyard, pouncing on the statues, breathing life into them:

"The courtyard looked no longer like a museum; it looked more like a zoo. Creatures were running after Aslan and dancing 'round him till he was almost hidden in the crowd. Instead of all that deadly white the courtyard was now a blaze of colors; glossy chestnut sides of centaurs, indigo horns of unicorns, dazzling plumage of birds, reddy-brown of foxes, dogs and satyrs, yellow stockings and crimson hoods of dwarfs; and the birch-girls in silver, and the beech-girls in fresh, transparent green, and the larch-girls in green so bright that it was almost yellow. And instead of the deadly silence the whole place rang with the sound of happy roarings, brayings, yelpings, barkings, squealings, cooings, neighings, stampings, shouts, hurrahs, songs and laughter" (New York: Collier, 1950, pg. 137).

Lewis's summary of what is happening in Narnia is a brilliant description of what the people of the church should look like: "The courtyard looked no longer like a museum; it looked more like a zoo." It is the incongruence and the "oddness" of our faith that should characterize every church today. In other words, we should look more like a zoo and less like a museum full of identical mummies.

Forgive the rather lengthy post (a first for me, believe it or not). I just don't think something this important should be misunderstood...Blessings, A.P.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

Do you think God care what we watch on TV or the Books we read

In Christ

IreneM

YES.....

and we do not purchase products that are made by or are by products of 'DOVE' because of their commercials of women prancing around in their skivies....... even contacted them about it...... no one in our family ( either side, and i have 5 brothers and 1 sister, my wife has 11 brothers and sisters, and all are married and have kids...... in other words, as the list goes on, the numbers increase)

we have recently stopped shopping Pennys because of their commercials...... dont need to see a couple dozen harlots prancing around on camera....

have cut out most TV, still watch Andy, Gomer, Little House, and a few other oldies......

these bodies are the Lords Temple, and we are suppose to keep them pure.....

what a person has set before their eyes, will embed its image into the persons mind.....PERMANENTLY, FOREVER.......

things i saw 40 some years ago still pop up when i least expect them to, things i do not wish to see again, but it is right there in my minds eye....... we do have to guard ourselves from what we do see..... some times we can not help it, but others times..... WE CAN....

mike

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

See my last post... :emot-hug:

• 5 months later...

Reminds me of a couple of songs I knew when I was a kid. The first was on WCRF 103.3. The second is by a group called Farrell and Farrell from the 70's.

Input, output

That is what it's all about

Input, output

What goes in is what comes out

Input, output

Your mind is a computer who's

Input, output

Daily you must choose

Hey, I am interested in getting the name of this song and the group who sang it. I want it for my children's ministry. Can you help with that info??? Thanks!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

:emot-hug: from damo1

i think each to his own on this as if its anything violent i wil not watch it on tv if its xxx rated i will turn the tv off and go read a book

i watch shows like star gate heros 24 and lost and i see no problem in watching those shows my self yet i do know some that see what is put on tv today not worthy of a christian at all putting the tv on some feel news is violent and will not watch the local news even game shows some christian freak out and say its to evil

books i like all sorts off books and it does not worry me its the same with what is played on our air waves local radio station

you just need to use some logical thinking

with my son i do not allow him to watch anything violent i do not let him play any violent games on the x box or play station or computer as i do not belive it is fit for a 10yr old playing violent games and its the same with music he listens to as this also can affect a young child and there is a lot off degrading rubbish being played like 50 cents i wil not let him listen to this guy as its just rubbish to what he sings

so each to there own and use commen sence

from damo1

• Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I rarely read fiction books, but I do enjoy the occasional romance novel (Cassie Edwards is my favorite author). Many ladies in my church read them as well. Are those a Christian "no-no?"

(I like Steven King novels too!)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

I rarely read fiction books, but I do enjoy the occasional romance novel (Cassie Edwards is my favorite author). Many ladies in my church read them as well. Are those a Christian "no-no?"

(I like Steven King novels too!)

from damo1 hello Kari19

i have his novels as wel the green mile was my best one and i am not sure there was a seriouse hear on tv on one of steven kings novels i have forgotten what it was yet you should know as it was played in America before we got the seriouse on channel 7 it came on late and i would stay up and watch it it was in a hospital and this man had a gift to see the dead like gohst whisperrer darn brain freeze i hate when this happens it wil come to me as they took it of in 2006 and i wish they did not do this

and the ladys in my church also read those novels you mentioned as wel

take care from damo1

• Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

and this man had a gift to see the dead like gohst whisperrer

I think that one is "The Dead Zone." :wub:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/18/1958

as the saying goes i believe .....you are what you eat........ be not conformed to this world but be transformed ...by...the renewing of your mind....

The human mind gravitates toward earthly things and must be renewed daily in Gods word by the message of His grace and truth.

blessings In Christ

Barry