• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Hey everyone, I've heard various things about a ruler and descendant of Noah named Nimrod. Apparently this is the man behind the tower of Babel. And more interestingly, I heard that he eventually became known as a deity called Baal because of how idolized he was among the people.

Now I was wondering, how much of this is true and how do we know this stuff? I don't think it is in the bible. There are references to Nimrod becoming a leader of Babylon and Assyria, but no more details than that.

God Bless,

Keilan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Hey everyone, I've heard various things about a ruler and descendant of Noah named Nimrod. Apparently this is the man behind the tower of Babel. And more interestingly, I heard that he eventually became known as a deity called Baal because of how idolized he was among the people.

Now I was wondering, how much of this is true and how do we know this stuff? I don't think it is in the bible. There are references to Nimrod becoming a leader of Babylon and Assyria, but no more details than that.

God Bless,

Keilan

ancient text and archeology!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Thw word, "Baal' is used a lot in association with revered names. It means, "lord" or "master". It eventually became commonly used to denote a demonic spirit, which did assert itself as a god. Perhaps people, because Nimrod was such a mighty warrior, called him, "Baal Nimrod", but I doubt that he was esteemed as a god. However, it wouldn't surprise me if there are writings concerning this.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

when I was a kid and I did something foolish, my folks would call me a nimrod.

I just NOW figured out what that means.

Nimrod was foolish to think he could build a tower to reach heaven.

Hmmm

Makes sense now.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

when I was a kid and I did something foolish, my folks would call me a nimrod.

I just NOW figured out what that means.

Nimrod was foolish to think he could build a tower to reach heaven.

Hmmm

Makes sense now.

Well.....I had to call my MOM and let her know how offended I am (so many years later 30+) :thumbsup::24:

I thought my name was NIMROD until I was 6yrs old :24::24::24:

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

my son told everyone his name was fartbucket until he was 3

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

God Bless,

Keilan

Nimrod is an interesting study even though there is not much said about him in the scriptures. I had read probably about 6 or 7 years back a book in our local library that told of the history behind Nimrod. I don't know if it has any validity to it at all but it did seem to fit the depiction of what was going on in the story and the people of the earth had all stopped going off from one another to populate the earth and gathered in the plain and they seemed to have gotten Nimrod a mighty hunter to be their leader and they all decided to build the tower of Babel all the way up to heaven where God was at and in the book in the library I read it said their thinking was they would all get in a circle of this tower and when they reached where God was they would shoot arrows at God in order to overthrow Him as they were rebelling against his will to populate the earth at that time.

But God instead confused their language so they couldn't do it so they had to leave off building the tower as a result of this language confusion so the people of the earth started doing the will of the Lord again and spliting off from one another in order to populate the earth. But it was a interesting read about it so maybe you could check in your local library to see what they may have on the subject.

OC

I am glad that those of you who thought your name was Nimrod finally found out Lol

:41:

and to have a name like fartbucket for three years :thumbsup: Lol :rolleyes:

oc

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

my son told everyone his name was fartbucket until he was 3

Who called your son by that word in order for him to believe it was his name?

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

God Bless,

Keilan

Hi KeilanS'

The city Babylon was built by Nimrod, the mighty hunter (Gen. 10:8-10). It was the seat of the first great apostasy against God after the flood. Here the Babylonian Cult was invented by Nimrod and his Queen, Semiramis. It was a system claiming the highest wisdom and ability to reveal the most divine secrets. This cult was characterized by the word "Mystery" because of its mysteries. Beside confessing to the priests at admission to this cult, one was compelled to drink of "mysterious beverages," which says Salvert (Des Sciences Occultes, Page 259) was indespensible on the part of those who saught initation into these mysteries. The "mysterious beverages' were composed of wine, honey, water, and flour. They were always of an intoxicating nature, and untill the aspirants had come under the influence of it and had their understanding dimmed they were not prepared for what they were to see and hear. The method was to introduce privately, little by little, information under seal of secrecy and sanction of oath that would be impossible to reveal otherwise. This has been the policy of the Roman Church and the secret of the power of the priests over the lives of men whom they could expose to the world for their sins that have been confessed to them. Once admitted, men were no longer Babylonians, Assyrians, or Egyptians, but were members of a mystical brotherhood, over whom was placed a Supreme Pontif or High Priest whos word was final in all things in thelives of the brotherhood regardless of the country in which they lived. The ostensible objects of worship were the Supreme Father, the Incarnate Female or Queen of Heaven, and her Son. The last two were only objects of worship, as the Supreme Father was said not to interfere with mortal affaires (Nimrod 111, Page 239). This system is believed to have come from fallen angels and demons. The object of the cult was to rule the world by these dogmas. Much more can be said but to simplify things, Damasus, Bishop of the Christian Church at Rome, was elected to the office of Supreme Pontif. He had been bishop for twelve years, having been made suchin 366 A. D. through influence of the monks of Mount Carmel, a college of the Babylonian religion originally founded by the priests of Jezebel and continued to this day in connection with Rome. So, in 378 A. D., the babylonian system of religion became part of Christendom, for the bishop of Rome, who later became the supreme head of the organized church, was already Supreme Pontiff of the Babylonian Order. All the teachings of pagan Babylon and Rome were gradually interspersed into the Christian religious organization. Soon after Damasus was made Supreme Pontiff, the rites of Babylon began to come to the front. The worship of the Roman Church became babylonish, and under him, the heathen temples were restored and beautified and the rituals established. Thus, the currupt religious system under the figure of a woman with a golden cup in her hand, making all nations drunk with her fornication, is called by God "MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT."

The first practice that grew up after this union was the introduction of the worship of the saints, especially of the virgin Mary. Thousands of pagans entered the church in those days who were accustomed to worshiping the gods of towns and places, who were not thoroughly Christianized. The veneration of saints and holy men became a worship. Saints were considered lesser dieties, whos intercession availed with God. Places connected with the lives of holy men were considered sacred and pilgrimages were started. Relics or bones of saints were believed to have miraculous power. The worship of the virgin Mary was set up in 381 A. D., three years after Damasus became bead of the Babylonian Cult.

Just as the Babylonian cult worshiped the "Queen of Heaven and her Son" and did not worship the Supreme Father because he simply did not interfere with mortal affairs, so the Roman Chrurch has a similar worship in that they worship Mary as the mother of God and her Son. The image of mother and child was an object of worship in Babylon long before Christ was born. From Babylon it spread to the ends of the Earth. The original mother was Semiramis, the beautiful queen of Nimrod, who was a paragon of unbridled lust and licentiousness.

In the "mysteries," which she had the chief part in forming, she was worshiped as Rhea (Chronicon Paschal, Volume 1, Page 65), the great "Mother of the God's" with such atrocious rites as identified her with Venus, the mother of all impurity. She raised Babylon, where she reigned to eminence among the nations as the great seat idolatry and consecrated prostetution (Hesiod, Theogonia, Volume 36, Page 435). The apocalyptic emblem of the harlot with cup in hand was one of idolatry derived from ancient Babylon, as they were exhibited in Greece, for thus the Greek Venus was originally represented (Herodotus, Historia, Book 1, cap. 199, Page 92).

Ironicilly the Roman Church has taken this as her emblem. In 1825 a medal was struck bearing the image of Pope Leo X11 on one side and on the other side Rome symbolized by a woman with a cross in her left hand and a cup in her right hand and a legend around her "Sedet Super Universum"; that is, "The whole world is her seat."

From this original practice, practically all nations have copied a similar worship, but in each land the same figure is carried out under different names. In Egypt the mother and child are known as Isis and Osiris; in India, Isi and Iswara; in Eastern Asia, Cybel and Deoius; in pagan Rome, Fortuna and Jupiter-puer; In Greece, Ceres or as Irene with Plutus in arms, etc. In Thibet, China, and Japan the Jesuits were suprised to find the counterpart of the madonna (the Italian name for virgin) and her child as devoutly worshiped as in Rome itself. Shing Moo, the mother of China, is there represented with child in her arms and a glory around her exactly as if a Roman artist had paintd her. Where did these nations get this common worship if not from Babylon before the dispersion by God in the days of Nimrod (Gen. 11). Thus the worship of Mary in connection with her Son is of Babylonian origin for there is no mention of such worshipin Scripture.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Very Interesting input Hazard,

I guess this can kind of fall in line why some people believe the Mystery Babylon in the book of Revelation will be a religious system put intact. Which I don't mean to get off topic but it sorta leads in that direction seeing as Nimrod did build the city of Babylon way back then as we are told in scriptures he did. Thanks for posting your post it was very interesting once again

OC