Diets damage health, shows biggest ever study

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

A good measure is to eat meals the size of your fist because its approximately the same size as your stomach. Exercise on a regular basis is the answer. Obese people who are on diets that don't lose weight are not exercising ,their diets are not good , or there is another medical problem. It might be hereditary because alot of families have the same traits. Long distance running is the best way. Run a couple miles a day and watch the pounds shrink.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

For me, it was a matter of cutting out carb/calorie dense foods. I did not do the "no-carb" thing, I simply cut back alot on meat that was breaded which includes chicken fried steak cashew chicken, and the like. I majorly increased things like salads which I made with a good variety of veggies and chunked chicken and low cal dressings. Veggies like celery and lettuce are good becuase your body burns more calories trying to digest them, than they produce.

I eat a ton of fruit because I have a major sweet tooth. A banana helps me cut the cravings for a candy bar. Light, fruit-flavored yogurt is also good for that as well. Peanuts are a good snack. Anything with protein will kill hunger pains.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I have never ever limited my calories, BUT I do make sure what I eat is healthy. And if I eat some junk food, I make sure I have some healthy food in me first. I am blessed with a naturally high metabolism and I am afraid if I were to limit calories, my metabolism would go down. We also eat very ,very, very little meat, dairy, or eggs. My husband especially is so much healthier this way and has been able to go off many of his meds as a result. :noidea:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

I eat whatever I want...in moderation...I excercise 30 mins a day 6 days a week...and I absolutely put no food in my mouth after 6:00pm...if I have to "munch" something after that time...its always carrots/celery...a crunchy veggie :thumbsup:

For me, just not eating after 6 made a huge difference.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

There you go!!

Yet, on TV we have Taco Bell advertising "Fourth Meal." Most sit down restauraunts do their best business bewteen 6:30pm and 10pm. And they wonder why the obesity rate is rising?

:emot-fail::emot-hug: Hey that recipe you gave for the cauliflower....I still make it...yummmmmm....its very good :emot-hug:

TheoMike:

Same for me. Lately since I got married, I have been eating....a wee bit too much, so I added an extra day to my regular workout routine and have taken up jogging again. And can I just say how great it is jogging in the desert where it's 80 degrees and I don't sweat?? Simply amazing.

80 degrees.....wah...its a winter storm warning where I"m at....I'm doomed to my basement treadmill....no fair!

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Guest shiloh357
Hey that recipe you gave for the cauliflower....I still make it...yummmmmm....its very good
That is good isn't it? It is a good substitute for popcorn when you want something lower in carbs. I never get tired of it.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Hey that recipe you gave for the cauliflower....I still make it...yummmmmm....its very good
That is good isn't it? It is a good substitute for popcorn when you want something lower in carbs. I never get tired of it.

Hey, what was it I wanna know, I love cauliflower????

Guest shiloh357

Okie!!! :blink:

You take a head of cauliflower, and break it up into popcorn size pieces. Then you put it the largest ziploc bag made. Drizzle in tbsps of olive oil and two tbspns Mrs. Dash. I recommend the original. Close up the bag and shake, shake, shake. Shake the bag good until everyhting is mixed real good.

Then you spread it out on a cookie sheet. do not use baking pans. For some reason it makes everything nasty and soggy. Bake for an hour at 350. It will toast the caulflower and the edges will get dark some edges will blacken a bit. That is just normal.

The cauliflower should be hot and somewhat crunchy and the Mrs dash that has been toasting along with it will give it a little zip. Great to eat on your favorite "TV night."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Okie!!! :24:

You take a head of cauliflower, and break it up into popcorn size pieces. Then you put it the largest ziploc bag made. Drizzle in tbsps of olive oil and two tbspns Mrs. Dash. I recommend the original. Close up the bag and shake, shake, shake. Shake the bag good until everyhting is mixed real good.

Then you spread it out on a cookie sheet. do not use baking pans. For some reason it makes everything nasty and soggy. Bake for an hour at 350. It will toast the caulflower and the edges will get dark some edges will blacken a bit. That is just normal.

The cauliflower should be hot and somewhat crunchy and the Mrs dash that has been toasting along with it will give it a little zip. Great to eat on your favorite "TV night."

I tried that before, you did post this before , its ok but I rather eat the cauliflower raw :blink:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Me too! I love it too.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Sounds yummy! I printed it off, thanks!

:blink: