• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

even I don't have the arrogance to say that I can be certain on the existence or nonexistence of a God.

If you don't know, then of course you are uncertain--but when you know, you are certain!

What you are witnessing are those who know and they are certain! :emot-pray:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1987

[He never said he doubted God's existence. He only said that he thinks that it is possible that God does not exist. In all reality, its possible that we don't exist, or this computer. But he never said that he doubts God's existence. He believes it by faith, at least thats what I got out of his statement.

Not being completely sure of something means one has doubt. Simple. :taped:

Well, he can be completely sure that God exists (at least in his mind) and still understand that it is possible that a god figure doesn't exist.

But please, don't tell another Christian how to be "good" or how to be a Christian the "right way". That just really upsets me... (this statement wasn't intended for anyone specific, just in a general way.)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

I will begin with a question:

Is it POSSIBLE that there is no supernatural being? I'm not saying that is what you believe, I am asking if it is -possible- that you are incorrect?

You might want to ask yourself if You are not the one being closed-minded, when you consider the fact that you would rather believe that "everything evolved from nothing!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Is it POSSIBLE that there is no supernatural being? I'm not saying that is what you believe, I am asking if it is -possible- that you are incorrect?

You have to imagine first that most of us questioned God in our trek with HIM, just as many of you do now, but through our lives and fortunate for most, God has shown us of HIS power, and HIS existance each time that we doubted HIM in the many ways HE came to convince us that HE does love us and want us to be with HIM for the eternity HE promises. If you choose NOT to believe, that is on your head and conscious! As for me, I've seen far too many miracles, and happenings in my life to convince me that HE is with me and supports my life and existance!

Blessings

Cajunboy

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

add another no to answer your question. :taped:

Let God Himself answer your question through the inspired words of Paul to the Romans.

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures. Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. "

Romans 1:18 - 23

Now if God Himself says there is no excuse for man to deny His existence since it is evident (clearly seen) through what He has made, then there really IS no excuse for unbelief.

Personally I find the Creation to be compelling evidence for the existence of God. The order, the beauty, the consistency, everything about this universe and this world is miraculous and clear evidence of God's existence and perfect character.

Blessings in Jesus,

Ruth

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/04/1970

And the fool says there is no God.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

RoseLady is correct.

In Psalm 14:1 we read, "The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God.'

Even when I ran from God and did drugs it became more and more obvious that THERE IS A GOD. Just realized that you

can't run from Him forever. (Nobody can.)

Thankfully He loves us beyond my understanding.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/04/1945

I see God everyday just look around and you will see him!

Edited by niufan99

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I think one of the things about Believers that bugs/irks a non-Believer the most, is their claim to know with utmost certainty that G-d exists... this is especially true when they cannot necessarily argue as well as some non-Believers, or at times seem a bit gushing and over the top...the non-Believers often find it inconceivable that we can appear so arrogant, when they are so measured, thoughtful and reasonable in their reply...somewhat proud that they do not have such a closed mind.

For many of us that have come to a saving faith in Jesus the Messiah there is absolutely no possibility whatsoever that G-d does not exist...not because we have given assent to some religious creed, or we are too blind not to have considered other opinions by people far more intelligent and articulate....all of that is irrelevant in light of the fact that we have had a personal encounter with the Living G-d, that has changed our lives and our outlook on life forevermore.

One glance from the Master can dissolve all the arguments, questions, pride and pretence, and melt the hardest most cynical self sufficient heart. Jesus still looks at people today and simply blows them away by saying, 'FOLLOW ME.'

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

I don't believe so. Intelligent design is becoming more accepted these days... the old argument, "Look outside and you can see God's hand!" is cliched but true, and people have been hearing more now about intelligent design. Also, even the mere idea of "is there a God?" that everyone asks themselves is some support...

Asking if it's possible is sort of an odd question to pose to a true born-again Christian. It's like standing in a dark room while the Christian stands in the light one, and asking them, "Is it possible that there IS no light?" We can debate about the light for ages and ages, and I can give you tons of proof that there is indeed light, but it's only after you step into that room that you can fully understand what that light is.

I'm aware this isn't the best answer, but my attention span is short at the moment because I've had a long day at school. :wub: