hupo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

There were two trees in the Garden, one was the Tree of Life and the other was the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Adam was the one who was told not to eat of the TKGE, not Eve. And they both were able to eat of the TOL. When they sinned, they were closed to both trees.

Since I can't post on the Evil thread, I'll post here. I think everyone is capable of evil, I think it is the flip side of good. How can you have one without the other? Satan sinned but was given no option of redemption because he looked full on the face of God, and had that knowledge of good and evil.

Man lucked out by getting a second chance. And knowing that someday evil will be removed from our lives means that we are much better off than the angels.

I agree with you VelvetVoice,

Although I think that it was not by luck but by the very plan of God from the foundation of the earth that man be redeemed. The word says that the angels in heaven will not be able to sing the song of the redeemed as they do not know what it is to be redeemed so therefore cannot relate to the song of the redeemed. As we will be a wonder and a sight to behold by the angels of God as man was created a little lower than the angels yet will be exalted above them and will even judge them one day according to the word in I Corinthians 6. The angels of God had also known temptation like as we did and a third of the angels rebelled along with Satan leaving their first estate. But God created man a three part being and put him over the earth giving him dominion and authority over everything God had made. And although man failed and sinned in the garden God's plan was to redeem mankind and buy him back paying the ransom price which was the shekel of the sanctuary in the old testament according to the law. As Christ bought us back and cleansed us by his blood thus making us clean in our body and spirits cleansing us outwardly from the sins we did in our bodies and the sins we did in our spirits thus making us clean outwardly and inwardly.

And it is a great joy in knowing one day we will lay this mortal body and spirit aside and embrace eternity where there is no more sin to be tempted and corrupted with aside and embrace immortality. Even the old testament prophets themselves desired to look into this great salvation we have been given under the new covenant. But it is so true we will be so much better off than the angels of God are now.

OC

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

Death reigns to us as punishment from the original sin and therefore is inherited because death came into the world by one man's sin and so we are born into death, only to be made alive by the blood of one man, Christ Jesus.

The original sin is inherited, as you seem to be saying.

Why isn't salvation inherited?

They both come from one man.... First and Last Adam

Blessings :P

When we are born naturally into this world, our roots are traced back to Adam. When we are born again spiritually, we trace our roots back to Jesus. In that sense, we do inherit salvation, but only after being born again when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior.

So, A spiritual inheritence...... ?

When we are born again, we are born of the spirit and that is where our inheritence comes from........

Sounds good. It even sounds like the truth ;)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

After reading through the scriptures you provided, I noticed two things. First of all, God says that the sins of the Fathers will effect their children to the third and fourth generation. That is a spiritual truth. For the most part, when a man is wicked, they will raise their children to be wicked as well, therefore they will carry on the sinful practices of their Father. The scriptures you gave dealing with not punishing the children for the sins of the Fathers is dealing with the way we deal with people. I am not to look at a man as an evil sinner because his Father was evil. I am to judge him by the deeds he does. Even though it is likely that the child of an evil man will turn out evil, we all ultimately decide for ourselves whether we wish to serve God or the devil. It is possible for exceptions to occur. Madeline O'Hare had more than one child, and most were atheists and wicked like she was, yet she did have one son who became a Christian. I am not to look down on the Christian son because of the deeds of his Mother.

Yes, it is very logical what you are saying and yet, I know from personal experience that my logic does not always coincide with the truth.

I am not saying yours doesn't but we do need to check this out scripturally (whew! is that a word?)

All the above is dealing with human conduct and how we should look at people NOT through their parents deeds.

I would assume it is the way God would have us see others, but again, it is an assumption on my part

Blessings :P

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Death reigns to us as punishment from the original sin and therefore is inherited because death came into the world by one man's sin and so we are born into death, only to be made alive by the blood of one man, Christ Jesus.

The original sin is inherited, as you seem to be saying.

Why isn't salvation inherited?

They both come from one man.... First and Last Adam

Blessings :blink:

When we are born naturally into this world, our roots are traced back to Adam. When we are born again spiritually, we trace our roots back to Jesus. In that sense, we do inherit salvation, but only after being born again when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior.

So, A spiritual inheritence...... ?

When we are born again, we are born of the spirit and that is where our inheritence comes from........

Sounds good. It even sounds like the truth :huh:

How keen of you. :24:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/09/1982

God had planned our salvation from the foundation of the world. Without the sin of Adam, we would not have known the magnificence of Jesus.

The whole truth is that God had planned our salvation from BEFORE the foundation of the world.

All men were born of Adam and Eve. Through this bloodline we inherited the nature from them. All of mankind inherited the sinful nature!!!

But

God has no grandsons. God is my Dad and Jesus my Big Brother. God is my daughter's Dad and Jesus is her Big Brother.

If we invite Christ into our lives and give our lives to Him we receive a new bloodline: the inheritance of God's Spirit. Then we are born of the Spirit, not of earthly descend anymore!

Though we are still in the flesh, in surrender to God we are free from the effects of the flesh. Christ died for sins as well as for our inequities.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

Christendom is confused over the issue of

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Just the last part of your post Mutz,

And herein lies the result of Christendom

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Anyone who finishes up in eternal punishment, is because they denied the offer of salvation through the hardness of their own heart. God doesn't send them to hell, He only says, that's where you will finish up if you don't repent of your sin life. Your choice, not His.
:thumbs_up:

:thumbsup:

Serve

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Joshua 24:15

The Light

In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
John 1:4-5

Beloved

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
1 John 4:10

:th_wave:

SIN - I Will

In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
Judges 21:25

GRACE - But God

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

;)

Hallelujah!

Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Psalms 106:1

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the LORD.
Psalms 106:48

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.
Psalms 150:6

:)

There Is a Name I Love to Hear

Frederick Whitfield, 1829-1904

Anonymous

There is a name I love to hear, I love to sing its worth;

It sounds like music in mine ear, the sweetest name on earth.

Oh, how I love Jesus, Oh, how I love Jesus,

Oh, how I love Jesus because He first loved me.

It tells me of a Savior's love, Who died to set me free;

It tells me of His precious blood, the sinner's perfect plea.

It tells me what my Father hath in store for ev'ry day

And, tho' I tread a darksome path, yields sunshine all the way.

It tells of One Whose loving heart can feel my deepest woe,

Who, in each sorrow, bears a prat that none can bear below.

Love, Joe

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Hi again Mutz, here's the first of your post today 12.41.