IGNORED

Would you drink milk and eat meat of cloned animals?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Who in the world where the meat comes from we buy in the stores?

This wants me to eat more eggs, not from clone chickens either!

Oh man what can we eat ? Seeds and nuts? I might become a nut! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/05/1988

Although the animal is cloned I would still eat it but remember that we are not to do anything that may be a stumbling block to other believers who may think it is wrong to do so.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Profit mostly. The animals that would be cloned would be those that grow fastest, biggest, fatttest, etc. for the least cost. Our world is profit driven, laying up treasures on earth instead of in heaven. Even among Christians the idea of profit and getting ahead reigns too highly. Best house, best car, largest 401k, most toys, "best" foods, most comfortable life. Give to the poor only if you have enough to get by on comfortably yourself, buy cheap foreign goods made in slave labor conditions rather than supporting the kind of workforce rules you demand for yourself. the list goes on and on. Anything for a buck, that's the system of the world, and very few actually oppose it.

As to certifying foods organic? Well rules are made to be broken afterall. The rules start off strong and soon get watered down to sustain profit margins and people are soon eating the same old stuff the rest of us eat, all the while thinking they're getting something better. Not only are the rules watered down, but often ignored since adequate testing for compliance is very difficult, and if they do get caught the fines and penalties are minimal. If you knew what you're already eating you'd be disgusted.

Besides, as Christians, why do we really care? These bodies are weak, sinful ones that will be changed into perfect ones at Jesus return. That body doesn't depend on what I eat today, it depends on God's Grace and His Plan, HIS Form, HIS design and it will be perfect and flawless and healthy in all ways.

Peace and God Bless all

Yep, KFC and Tyson and etc. have gotten too greedy. And you know what? I think we have too and it is affecting our health. We eat more meat than any other country in the world and we have more cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc. than any other country in the world. I've given up meat dairy and eggs almost 100% because I am repulsed by the mass farming practices. Even organic! They expect us to continue to pay a premium price as they continue to water down their standards of organic. I think it would all be less of a problem if none of us ate meat more than 3 times a week, and cut our egg/milk consumption in half at least. We grew up with meat, milk and eggs. It is hard to know any other way. I think we should all have a few meat, dairy and egg free recipes on hand to balance out the over consumption of animal products. I'll give you a muffin recipe right now that is really good and has nomilk or eggs. I'll get another link that is thought provoking.

be right back......

ok here's a recipe for muffins, it is very yummy, my kids love this! http://shmooedfood.blogspot.com/2005/09/pu...ip-muffins.html

here's another link that makes some interesting points... http://www.all-creatures.org/cva/vegbenefits.htm

By the way, when I was a nursing Mom, I couldnt have any dairy cause my baby was allergic. I had to drink soy and I did not like it. I drank the regular vanilla soy milk. They have a new kind out that is called 'Very Vanilla" and apperently the 'Very' makes all the difference cause me, my husband and my children like the 'Very Vanilla' even better than cow's milk. (Around here we call cows milk 'cow body fluids' :thumbsup: )

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Here's my question...would vegetarians be OK with drinking cloned animal milk and eating cloned animal meat?

No really...what would be their beef with that?

I didn't mean that as a pun...but it works for me...

Here's my question...would vegetarians be OK with drinking cloned animal milk and eating cloned animal meat?

No really...what would be their beef with that?

Will cloned meat be much healthier? Someone else said something about a third arm growing out the back... Would cloned meat be more natural? There are many, many reasons some people choose to abstain from animal products.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Here's my question...would vegetarians be OK with drinking cloned animal milk and eating cloned animal meat? No really...what would be their beef with that?

Oxymoron?

Profit mostly. The animals that would be cloned would be those that grow fastest, biggest, fatttest, etc. for the least cost. Our world is profit driven, laying up treasures on earth instead of in heaven. Even among Christians the idea of profit and getting ahead reigns too highly. Best house, best car, largest 401k, most toys, "best" foods, most comfortable life. Give to the poor only if you have enough to get by on comfortably yourself, buy cheap foreign goods made in slave labor conditions rather than supporting the kind of workforce rules you demand for yourself. the list goes on and on. Anything for a buck, that's the system of the world, and very few actually oppose it.

As to certifying foods organic? Well rules are made to be broken afterall. The rules start off strong and soon get watered down to sustain profit margins and people are soon eating the same old stuff the rest of us eat, all the while thinking they're getting something better. Not only are the rules watered down, but often ignored since adequate testing for compliance is very difficult, and if they do get caught the fines and penalties are minimal. If you knew what you're already eating you'd be disgusted.

Besides, as Christians, why do we really care? These bodies are weak, sinful ones that will be changed into perfect ones at Jesus return. That body doesn't depend on what I eat today, it depends on God's Grace and His Plan, HIS Form, HIS design and it will be perfect and flawless and healthy in all ways.

Peace and God Bless all

Yep, KFC and Tyson and etc. have gotten too greedy. And you know what? I think we have too and it is affecting our health. We eat more meat than any other country in the world and we have more cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc. than any other country in the world. I've given up meat dairy and eggs almost 100% because I am repulsed by the mass farming practices. Even organic! They expect us to continue to pay a premium price as they continue to water down their standards of organic. I think it would all be less of a problem if none of us ate meat more than 3 times a week, and cut our egg/milk consumption in half at least. We grew up with meat, milk and eggs. It is hard to know any other way. I think we should all have a few meat, dairy and egg free recipes on hand to balance out the over consumption of animal products. I'll give you a muffin recipe right now that is really good and has nomilk or eggs. I'll get another link that is thought provoking.

be right back......

ok here's a recipe for muffins, it is very yummy, my kids love this! http://shmooedfood.blogspot.com/2005/09/pu...ip-muffins.html

here's another link that makes some interesting points... http://www.all-creatures.org/cva/vegbenefits.htm

By the way, when I was a nursing Mom, I couldnt have any dairy cause my baby was allergic. I had to drink soy and I did not like it. I drank the regular vanilla soy milk. They have a new kind out that is called 'Very Vanilla" and apperently the 'Very' makes all the difference cause me, my husband and my children like the 'Very Vanilla' even better than cow's milk. (Around here we call cows milk 'cow body fluids' :UsA_smilie: )

I have to try that "very Vanilla"somtime :UsA_smilie:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Sure, why not.

But then, I don't believe animals have souls, so my whole issue with cloning doesn't really pertain to them. :24:

Sure, why not.

But then, I don't believe animals have souls, so my whole issue with cloning doesn't really pertain to them. :24:

Can you clarify for us what your issue would be with cloning humans? I am trying to figure out how that factors in to your decision here. Carrots dont have souls and I still prefer non genetically modified carrots if possible.

Peace and God Bless all

Emily I made the recipe for pumpkin muffins and they are soooooo good!

Also, I bought for the first time almond milk did you ever try that?

Its much tastier then soy or rice milk.....I can't drink that:(

be right back......

By the way, when I was a nursing Mom, I couldnt have any dairy cause my baby was allergic. I had to drink soy and I did not like it. I drank the regular vanilla soy milk. They have a new kind out that is called 'Very Vanilla" and apperently the 'Very' makes all the difference cause me, my husband and my children like the 'Very Vanilla' even better than cow's milk. (Around here we call cows milk 'cow body fluids' :24: )

I have to try that "very Vanilla"somtime :24: