• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/04/1990

Hey everyone. Well it's me again, I haven't been on for a while because of all the craziness at home and the appointment with the oral surgeon. So I had my consult with the oral surgeon on Wednesday and he said all 3 of my wisdom teeth need to come out because they are starting to impact my other teeth. So he booked the surgery for May 11 at noon - they are putting my under general for it because I have a history of freezing wearing off in a very short period of time (3-4 min....unfortunately I found this out while they were pulling a cracked tooth a couple of years back). Soooo I'm reallyyyy nervous and scared because they are putting me out for it.....and I'm just naturally a bigggg worrier. Does anybody have any advice on how to calm my nerves? I've tried praying but I'm still as nervous as ever.

Thanks.

Blessings,

Morgan.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I'll pray for you :(

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Drink kava kava.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Drink kava kava.

If that doesn't work, try Scotch. NO! Just kidding. Prayer is the best thing for nervousness.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/04/1990

Drink kava kava.

If that doesn't work, try Scotch. NO! Just kidding. Prayer is the best thing for nervousness.

ahah Marnie...I don't drink though - if some of the drinks taste half as bad as they smell I'm not touching a drop lol.

Unfortunately I can't drink anything 6 hours prior to the surgery. The only drink I can have is enough water to take the four antibiotic pills 1 hour before surgery and that is it.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Hey everyone. Well it's me again, I haven't been on for a while because of all the craziness at home and the appointment with the oral surgeon. So I had my consult with the oral surgeon on Wednesday and he said all 3 of my wisdom teeth need to come out because they are starting to impact my other teeth. So he booked the surgery for May 11 at noon - they are putting my under general for it because I have a history of freezing wearing off in a very short period of time (3-4 min....unfortunately I found this out while they were pulling a cracked tooth a couple of years back). Soooo I'm reallyyyy nervous and scared because they are putting me out for it.....and I'm just naturally a bigggg worrier. Does anybody have any advice on how to calm my nerves? I've tried praying but I'm still as nervous as ever.

Thanks.

Blessings,

Morgan.

You can try the same breathing techniques taught to expectant mothers. Controlling your breathing will control the fear. Anyway, when they give you the anesthesia, you will be out in seconds. No time to worry about it. And thank God for anesthesia; imagine surgeries before that stuff was invented! :whistling: You will be just fine. But, I will still pray for you and the surgery. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

you know honestly, I could not believe how fast it was...one minute the oral surgeon is telling me how it is going to go...then next thing I know is that they are waking me up telling me it is done...I didn't feel a thing....there you go...praying for you...