angels4u

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

It takes more courage than I have to have faith.

Dan

Can you explain why it takes more courage?

You have to be reckless in your abamdonment of trying to live your life the best way you know how.

You must also be patient for him to change your situation. Perhaps a very bad one. Perhaps for years. After enough years have gone by and you see that you have gained no benefit for all your prayers are service to God, you begin to realize that God is not all that personal. I have stopped praying because its never done any good. What have I prayed about?....To be more like him, for my miserable health to get better, for my spouce to stop drinking, ect..ect.. Not one prayer answered ever. I have had whole Chruches pray for this situation. I have never in 44 years neen a "miricle". I don't believe in them anymore. I do believe that there is a creator but I am coming to the painful reality that what I tryed to attach to "Christianity" is merely a system for social crowd control and a good one. I'm not against it. I just have no faith in it because its never come through for me in any situation. In short, it isn't real and I am just now coming to this reality. If my situation is to improve, it will be up to me to improve it.

I don't feel as God has abandoned me. I know he was never with me to begin with. I have gone through the list of things that Christian's might be doing to not get answers from God. I'm not perfect but I called and prayed and begged and cried...nothing. Its not worth the effort and energy I put into it.

We're on our own and thats the bottom line. Mine are the only footprints in the sand.

Regards

Dan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Answering the OP:

Strong like bull!

Because God never fails to show Himself faithful.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Dan

You have to be reckless in your abamdonment of trying to live your life the best way you know how.

You must also be patient for him to change your situation. Perhaps a very bad one. Perhaps for years. After enough years have gone by and you see that you have gained no benefit for all your prayers are service to God, you begin to realize that God is not all that personal. I have stopped praying because its never done any good. What have I prayed about?....To be more like him, for my miserable health to get better, for my spouce to stop drinking, ect..ect.. Not one prayer answered ever. I have had whole Chruches pray for this situation. I have never in 44 years neen a "miricle". I don't believe in them anymore. I do believe that there is a creator but I am coming to the painful reality that what I tryed to attach to "Christianity" is merely a system for social crowd control and a good one. I'm not against it. I just have no faith in it because its never come through for me in any situation. In short, it isn't real and I am just now coming to this reality. If my situation is to improve, it will be up to me to improve it.

I don't feel as God has abandoned me. I know he was never with me to begin with. I have gone through the list of things that Christian's might be doing to not get answers from God. I'm not perfect but I called and prayed and begged and cried...nothing. Its not worth the effort and energy I put into it.

We're on our own and thats the bottom line. Mine are the only footprints in the sand.

Regards

Dan

Romans 10:17 (King James Version)

17So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

We don't look for signs, thats for unbelievers who doubt, we are living by faith believing and knowing God cares for us and is our help in need, not because we are so good, but because He is faithful and He will do what He promised.

God will work everything out for good for them that love the Lord :24:

Dan

Regards

Dan

We don't look for signs, thats for unbelievers who doubt, we are living by faith believing and knowing God cares for us and is our help in need, not because we are so good, but because He is faithful and He will do what He promised.

I believed in him for 27 years. Guess what. My family has been damaged for the past 6 years due to my crap health. Oh!! Yes...I have prayed. Many have. The more I prayed the worse things got. Then folks come up to me and say..."hey ...your not the only one that gets a raw deal". This is true and it only goes to proove my point that much more. I have stopped praying finally. It hasn't mattered. I think the Bible and Christian ethics are a good guidelines for a civil society. Other than that, their powerless. There are no such things as miricles. If one of those TV healing preachers want to try to change my mind, good ...lets go down to Texas Children's hospital and empty out the cancer ward for starters. The harsh truth is this...we are on our own. One good thing about coming to the realization that faith is a myth is the fact that you don't have to feel abandoned by God any more. Its just the roll of the dice or natural selection. You can pray until the cows come home for God to feed all of the poor inocent children in the world who are hungry. Bottom line...An agonostic whose willing to step `up and give money or food to them will do more than prayers.

If others wish to pray...pray on. I'm finished with begging a non-personal God to help me in my time of trouble.

Dan

Dan

Regards

Dan

I believed in him for 27 years. Guess what. My family has been damaged for the past 6 years due to my crap health. Oh!! Yes...I have prayed. Many have. The more I prayed the worse things got. Then folks come up to me and say..."hey ...your not the only one that gets a raw deal". This is true and it only goes to proove my point that much more. I have stopped praying finally. It hasn't mattered. I think the Bible and Christian ethics are a good guidelines for a civil society. Other than that, their powerless. There are no such things as miricles. If one of those TV healing preachers want to try to change my mind, good ...lets go down to Texas Children's hospital and empty out the cancer ward for starters. The harsh truth is this...we are on our own. One good thing about coming to the realization that faith is a myth is the fact that you don't have to feel abandoned by God any more. Its just the roll of the dice or natural selection. You can pray until the cows come home for God to feed all of the poor inocent children in the world who are hungry. Bottom line...An agonostic whose willing to step `up and give money or food to them will do more than prayers.

If others wish to pray...pray on. I'm finished with begging a non-personal God to help me in my time of trouble.

Dan

If you turn your back on God, then He is powerless to help you. All the bad things in the world are not from God. Theya re the result of people's sin and the devil's machinations.

We, the redeemed, have victory, and we are MORE THAN CONQUERORS! Hallelujah! Pessimism, such as what you are displaying, is not in the heart of a regenerated believer in Jesus Christ!

Dan

Regards

Dan

Dan

If you turn your back on God, then He is powerless to help you. All the bad things in the world are not from God. Theya re the result of people's sin and the devil's machinations.

We, the redeemed, have victory, and we are MORE THAN CONQUERORS! Hallelujah! Pessimism, such as what you are displaying, is not in the heart of a regenerated believer in Jesus Christ!

He always been powerless to help me. Even when I did seek him. Anyways, even if he helped me now (which he won't), its too late. The damage is done. I should have spent less time praying and serving in church on Sunday mornings. I'd probably be in better shape if I would of used that time to get more sleep.

I'm not seeking to offend you. I just know that there is no personal God. I wish there was. For me its abit like finally coming to a realization that there's no Santa Clause. I once believed in him too though I always knew the Easter Bunny was a sham.

Dan

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Dan

Regards

Dan

God will work everything out for good for them that love the Lord :)

Dan

He always been powerless to help me. Even when I did seek him. Anyways, even if he helped me now (which he won't), its too late. The damage is done. I should have spent less time praying and serving in church on Sunday mornings. I'd probably be in better shape if I would of used that time to get more sleep.

I'm not seeking to offend you. I just know that there is no personal God. I wish there was. For me its abit like finally coming to a realization that there's no Santa Clause. I once believed in him too though I always knew the Easter Bunny was a sham.

Dan

Dan,

Your story is a sad story ,you cannot blame God for what happened to you in your life, as FA said we live in a fallen world which started with Adam and Eve and as long as we live in this world we will experience hurt and pain, but as a born again Christian I know that God is on my side because I asked Him to take controle of my live and I know he is in controle of everything what happens.

You said you believed for 27 years may I ask what and how you believed?

Did you ever have a personal relationship with Jesus, do you remember when you gave your heart to Him?

Did you ever read the story of Job?

Dan

Regards

Dan

God will work everything out for good for them that love the Lord :emot-handshake:

Dan

Dan

Dan,

Your story is a sad story ,you cannot blame God for what happened to you in your life, as FA said we live in a fallen world which started with Adam and Eve and as long as we live in this world we will experience hurt and pain, but as a born again Christian I know that God is on my side because I asked Him to take controle of my live and I know he is in controle of everything what happens.

You said you believed for 27 years may I ask what and how you believed?

Did you ever have a personal relationship with Jesus, do you remember when you gave your heart to Him?

Did you ever read the story of Job?

I beleived Jesus was the human manifestation of the creator. I still do. There is historic evidence for this. I had no trouble admitting I was a sinner. I asked him to save me and it was very sincere. Perhaps he has saved me from the hell to come but not from the destruction of my marriage, career, ability to enjoy life with my sons and health. My condition prevents me from even attending church..

As for Job. He was a great man but I, nor anyone else I know has the same kind of connection that Job had to his creator as the Old Book told it. The more I live and the more I watch whats going on even in the Christian world (people I love the most), it all seems more phoney by the day. I was a phoney. I acted like I had a relationship with a personal God. There is no evidence. I'm tired of acting. I have more peace with being honest. The truth is that I wanted very much to have what so many Christians claim to have but I never got it because its ungettable do to the fact that it does not exist. Many claim to have it and perhaps its healthy for them to believe it. We invent this "personal relationship" thing because its extremely painful to try to deal with the fact that we are really alone. All we have is each other and ourselves. I think thats why I like what Christ taught. He taught us to love one another. Maybe in that indirect way, he does touch us. But I am sure that supernatural events are not in the plan. I have never witnessed what I would call a true supernatural miricle. I have never heard God speak and I question the sanity of those who say they have. I believe they are phoney or just a good hearted person who is delusional. The only person that can get me past this mess is me. Before I waited on God. Its better for me to start living in the real world.

Dan

I beleived Jesus was the human manifestation of the creator. I still do. There is historic evidence for this. I had no trouble admitting I was a sinner. I asked him to save me and it was very sincere. Perhaps he has saved me from the hell to come but not from the destruction of my marriage, career, ability to enjoy life with my sons and health. My condition prevents me from even attending church..

As for Job. He was a great man but I, nor anyone else I know has the same kind of connection that Job had to his creator as the Old Book told it. The more I live and the more I watch whats going on even in the Christian world (people I love the most), it all seems more phoney by the day. I was a phoney. I acted like I had a relationship with a personal God. There is no evidence. I'm tired of acting. I have more peace with being honest. The truth is that I wanted very much to have what so many Christians claim to have but I never got it because its ungettable do to the fact that it does not exist. Many claim to have it and perhaps its healthy for them to believe it. We invent this "personal relationship" thing because its extremely painful to try to deal with the fact that we are really alone. All we have is each other and ourselves. I think thats why I like what Christ taught. He taught us to love one another. Maybe in that indirect way, he does touch us. But I am sure that supernatural events are not in the plan. I have never witnessed what I would call a true supernatural miricle. I have never heard God speak and I question the sanity of those who say they have. I believe they are phoney or just a good hearted person who is delusional. The only person that can get me past this mess is me. Before I waited on God. Its better for me to start living in the real world.

Dan

You may be saved from hellfire, but you do not claim your victory! Don't be too sure on the former, either, for lukewarmness will get us separated from Christ as well.

Your saying that you have more peace now that you have resigned yourself to being "honest"...I believe that is a false peace that the devil is giving you! So typical! The devil is telling you lies and causing you to think that we must STRIVE! The truth is, there is no striving! Just resting in Jesus and His precious promises!

Everything you say about being alone is just exactly what Satan it telling you and you are lapping it out of his palm. He is showing you others and causing you to sit there and make armchair judgments on who? The people of GOD? Phony he says? Hardly! While there are hypocrites among us, that is no reason for you to think you must emulate hypocrisy! What stupid logic Satan has! Please--you are never alone! Either you are joined up with Jesus, heading for glory, or you are joined up with Satan, heading for destruction. There you WILL be alone. FOREVER. Yuck.

Do not rely on yourself for your own deliverance from this--you are dust, and unreliable. Trust only in Jesus Christ, who took your pain, sin and sorrow upon His very body and lives again for you...so you can also live! What a gift!

Dan

You may be saved from hellfire, but you do not claim your victory! Don't be too sure on the former, either, for lukewarmness will get us separated from Christ as well.

Your saying that you have more peace now that you have resigned yourself to being "honest"...I believe that is a false peace that the devil is giving you! So typical! The devil is telling you lies and causing you to think that we must STRIVE! The truth is, there is no striving! Just resting in Jesus and His precious promises!

Everything you say about being alone is just exactly what Satan it telling you and you are lapping it out of his palm. He is showing you others and causing you to sit there and make armchair judgments on who? The people of GOD? Phony he says? Hardly! While there are hypocrites among us, that is no reason for you to think you must emulate hypocrisy! What stupid logic Satan has! Please--you are never alone! Either you are joined up with Jesus, heading for glory, or you are joined up with Satan, heading for destruction. There you WILL be alone. FOREVER. Yuck.

Do not rely on yourself for your own deliverance from this--you are dust, and unreliable. Trust only in Jesus Christ, who took your pain, sin and sorrow upon His very body and lives again for you...so you can also live! What a gift!

He took my pain? No I don't think so. I'm in a truckload of pain and have been for quite some time.

No its still here. All of it.

I\m not anti-Christian by the way. I think most Christians are under the same delusion I was. We all have moments of hypocrocy. me included but I feel less hypocritical by simply telling the truth. I use to go around saying things like "God is with me through this" or "he's just trying to teach me something". Thats crazy.

Dan