• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...s/s_503671.html

Click on link. Article dated Apr 20th is disturbing concerning the possible contamination of human food products.

Cats

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Cats!!!!!!!! :noidea:

We've missed you!

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Thanks for posting this article Catsmeow. While I imagine there is little we can do about the problem for the time being, it is a serious matter. The one thing that seems certain is a Chinese connection. Perhaps the federal government should put a halt on all food products coming into the U.S. from China till the investigation is complete.

While not related to the article, it is nice to see you back posting. :P

We are assuming there's a China connection and there may be....but we are all too complacent to assume that our food chain hasn't been compromised by America's enemies.

The CIA and FBI and other secret service agencies aren't blowing a loud horn and warning America our food chain is contaminated......it's the "We don't want to cause a panic.." scenario.

BTW, I spend $300/mo and purchase home grown, pure organic, pure organic meat (no by products) foods, supplements and treats and even special litter for my four cats.

I am shocked at the immediate change in their behavior. No more vomiting, loose bowel movements, et al. Total change! Now they're acting healthy and normal but it's costing me.

Guest LadyC

the link to china has already been established. they were tainting wheat gluten with melanine. however, that doesn't mean there isn't a culprit in our own country as well.

i know what you mean about spending a fortune for healthy pets... i do too, but not as much as you because i can't feed my cats organic meat. they have to eat prescription food because both have renal failure. one of them also has a thyroid tumor which requires medication twice a day... the food comes in cases of 24, 5 oz cans at over $30/case. the medication only costs me about $50 every 3 months. so all that translates into about $200/month. cat litter? the only brand i've found i like is pretty cheap.... catspride. well i do like the pine stuff that turns to mulch, but the cats hate it, so it doesn't work for us.

they also drink only bottled water. i purchased a $50 kitty-fountain to keep the water circulated and filtered, and keep it filled from our 5-gallon jugs. the fountain was a necessity because the cats will only drink running water. we used to keep the bathtub faucet trickling.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Hi Cats! Welcome back. How ya' doin'?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

as if the hormones and additives werent bad enough

one would think that the fda would jump into overdrive before this becomes a major crisis

• 8 years later...

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Thanks for posting this article Catsmeow. While I imagine there is little we can do about the problem for the time being, it is a serious matter. The one thing that seems certain is a Chinese connection. Perhaps the federal government should put a halt on all food products coming into the U.S. from China till the investigation is complete.

While not related to the article, it is nice to see you back posting. smile.gif

We are assuming there's a China connection and there may be....but we are all too complacent to assume that our food chain hasn't been compromised by America's enemies.

The CIA and FBI and other secret service agencies aren't blowing a loud horn and warning America our food chain is contaminated......it's the "We don't want to cause a panic.." scenario.

BTW, I spend $300/mo and purchase home grown, pure organic, pure organic meat (no by products) foods, supplements and treats and even special litter for my four cats.

I am shocked at the immediate change in their behavior. No more vomiting, loose bowel movements, et al. Total change! Now they're acting healthy and normal but it's costing me.

same thing happens every day with people.  see national televised news the last 12 years about washington texas,  regular people under regular doctors care, being cured of prostate cancer, diabetes(type II), high blood pressure, etc 

by changes in diet.   other cities looking/asking/seeking to implement the same avenues as washington, and likewise seeing the same results, all while under the

regular licensed doctor's care....official and regular testing and all ... ... ...

the fda won't admit what's going on with animals, people, food, or clothes(chinese clothes recently exposed about formaldehyde contamination(doesn't wash out in regular laundry) causing rashes in millions of people IN THE USA).  they're not funded to publish what would help the poor man - they have to do what their employer tells them to do, same as any  employee.

This thread is eight years old.  I think the pet food scare has probably passed.  No offense, simplejeff, but I don't see the relevance of dredging up old, old posts. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

This thread is eight years old.  I think the pet food scare has probably passed.  No offense, simplejeff, but I don't see the relevance of dredging up old, old posts. 

Everybody need a hobby!