• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

I thought about writing this all week and I finally got off my lazy "    " and started writing this evening.  You know...there are so many common questions we have about angels, yet don't discuss.  Like Satan and his demonic horde, angels are real.  As a matter of fact, Satan armies are "fallen angels".  I've often noticed that angels are extremely popular as trinkets and lapel pins.  However, it is no surprise you seldom see anyone wearing a "demon" pin.

Because of all the misconceptions about angels, we can see how little most people know about the Bible, which is the ONLY reliable source of information about angels.  Questions from my youngest son has prompted me to research even more.  I found out the word "angel" is used more than 285 times in the Word.  More than HALF of the 66 books of the Bible mention angels.  Hmmmmm.....since there is an amazing amount of info, it is obvious to me our FATHER wants us to know (not guess) a lot about them.

We already know they are our FATHER's messengers and were created by HIM (Psalm 148:5).  HE spoke and they were created.  It appears our LORD created each angel directly and individually because I found nothing in Scripture that said angels reproduce.  I believe this to mean angels were not born.  GOD only created two humans directly, Adam and Eve.  The rest of us came through them by the process of reproduction.  However, since our LORD directly created each angel, they are eternal beings (Luke 20:36).

My son had a question of numbers....how many??  I explained there is no precise number given in the Bible, but it does clearly teach there are a vast multitude.  In the book of Daniel, in one of the Prophet Daniel's visions in Babylon, he saw GOD, whom he called "the ANCIENT of Days" (Daniel 7:9)....in verse 10b, Daniel writes, "Thousands upon thousands attended HIM; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before HIM".  Please understand that the Hebrews didn't have a word for "million"...so they would say, "Ten Thousand times Ten Thousand" for example, which equates out to 100 million. But there are thousands upon thousands BESIDES them!  This is also what the Apostle John echoed in Revelation 5:11.  So, it would be safe to say angels are innumerable.  I've read in the book of Job where the question is asked, "Can HIS forces be numbered?" (Job 25:3).  The answer is obviously "no!"

Now....angels are described as "ministering spirits" in Hebrews 1:14, who do not have physical bodies.  Since they are nonphysical beings, they do not get ill, grow old, or die.  They are spiritual beings, which means they exist on a level above the material world.  I think they exist in a kind of 5th dimension that is invisible to the human eye.  They are without material substance and are not limited by physical bodies as we are.  When they have bodies, I believe they're like the Glorified Body of our LORD/SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST, and the ones WE WILL WEAR in Eternity (1 Corinthians 15:44).

Here's a thbought for you all....do you think that maybe angels have their own language based on what Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 13:1?  Just a thought.  I do know they have emotions and get excited per what I've read in Luke 2:13-15.

Angels care about what happens to us because JESUS said, "...There is REJOICING in the presence of the angels of GOD over ONE SINNER who REPENTS" (Luke 15:10).  They are personal beings with emotions.  They're often depicted as having wings.  For example, our FATHER told Moses to make two cherubim, who are angels that protect GOD's holiness.  They  had wings (Exodus 25:20).  Also, the seraphim, the angels around our FATHER's throne, are described in Isaiah 6 as having three pairs of wings.  Since angels are spiritual beings, the wings may be symbolic because wings ARE NOT necessary for flight or movement.  My guess is the wings may/could be symbolic of their swiftness to execute our FATHER's commands.

Though angels are spiritual beings, they have the ability to take on human form and become visible.  For example, when two angels visited LOT in Sodom, he offered to wash their feet and let them spend the night in his home, and they accepted.  That night he prepared a meal  for them and they ate (Genesis 19:3).  They appeared to be so much like men that the Sodomite men lusted after them (Genesis 19:4-5).  The angels had to defend themselves by using their supernatural power to blind them.  If you've ever read the story in Genesis you'll remember at dawn when Lot hesitated to leave the city, the angels "grasped his hand and the hands of his wife and of his two daughters and led them safely out of the city" (Genesis 19:16).

So let's see.....the angels WALKED, LOOKED like humans, RESTED, ATE, and HELD hands.  They have awesome power, as displayed in blinding the men of Sodom.  However, that is nothing compared with their power revealed again, in the book of Revelation 16:1-19, where ONE ANGEL can destroy the world!!  Now...where do they live?  They don't simply exist as invisible spirits on earth.  Although they have access to all of our FATHER's creation, their home is in Heaven with our DAD :t2:

They are sent out from Heaven on specific assignments.  In Revelation, they are described as encircling our LORD's throne.  They are depicted as being in "the city of the living GOD, and thousands upon thousands of angels are in joyful assembly" there (Hebrews 12:22).  When they have an assignment on earth, they apparently leave Heaven, perform the task on earth, and then return to Heaven.  Our FATHER's Word teaches it is possible for you and I to have an experience with an angel and not even know it.  This is because they can appear as people just like us per Hebrews 13:2.  HE teaches we most often encounter angels when we do GOD's will in extremely difficult circumstances.

I believe angels "attend" people who walk the aisle of a church to take their stand for JESUS.  I do...they strengthen them when they publicly confessed CHRIST.  I honestly don't know if I've ever encountered one, but there has been events in certain times of my life whereby I've looked back and often said to myself I did.  They are with us daily wherever we are.  It doesn't matter whether it's home, work, or play...our FATHER has assigned them to us for protection and  support in our dealings with this wicked world system.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Really nice post Wisdom, and well thought out! Angels are a very interesting subject. There was an event in my life many years ago when I may have encountered an angel. I always look upon it as a turning point for me. Of course we have all heard about having a guardian angel that protects us and stays with us 24/7, but is that actually biblical?

:t2:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

HI Wisdom,

I know there are angels around us to protect us from harm and they are also messengers from

God, we might have even entertained them not knowing it.

My grandmother had seen an angel in her bedroom after she got saved at an older age, the angel talked to her, but she couldn't understand it, she asked a minister afterwards about it and he told her the angel talked in tongues.

But when  I think of it now ,why would an angel talk to her in tongues if she could not translate it?

Angels

• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Excellent Wisdom, thank you!

Hello traveller:

Whether or not we have a guardian angel I'm not sure sis, however, I do know HE gives the angels charge (directive...orders) to protect HIS children as HE did HIS SON, while HE was in human form (Psalm 91:11).  Also there are numerous accounts of Old Testament heroes who were protected by them.  One account that comes to mind is in 2 Kings 6:8-23 dealing with the Prophet Elisha, his servant and the Syrian army.  If you've never read it before, please do....it's a great account and defining moment of our FATHER's protection for all HIS anointed of which we are part of!

Hello angels4U:

Unfortunately I cannot add anymore to your grandmother'd account other than what I've written.  I'm definitely no authority on angels, but if she said it had happened I leave that between her and the LORD.  

Hey Tim:

What's up?!  Always good to see a post from one of my long time friends on the spiritual battlefield!  Appreciate the compliment, although YOU know me and know I don't take them well.  I give all honor to our FATHER for even planting the thought in my heart to write something which HE began with a simple question from my 14 yr old! :t2:  :thumb:

Guest C.D. Light

wisdom--there have been so many times that my son has said something to me, and it was God's way of leading me or telling me something.  In fact, it was he who almost forced me to apply for a job about 5 years ago which I had no experience in.  It turned out to be a career change for me, which fell right into place with these, now retirement years.

So no matter what age our kids are, we should listen to them because God will use them to talk to us.

cd

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Wisdom,

Here's a thbought for you all....do you think that maybe angels have their own language based on what Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 13:1?

As I studied these verses:

Acts 2:4-6 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. 5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. 6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

Acts 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

Acts 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

along with the verses you mentioned in Cor., it dawned on me that a "multitude" of languages were not being spoken, but it would appear that all the disciples were speaking in ONE "heavenly language". To support this, look carefully at the last part of verse 6. "every man heard them speak in his own language."

Now there were actually TWO groups that were listening to the disciples "speak in the heavenly language". The above group and those who only heard "babbling", as though the disciples were drunk:

Acts 2:13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

So what is the difference? One group had their "hearing" enhanced by God and the other group DID NOT. It was not as if the disciples were speaking a MULTITUDE of languages.

So a little research into the OT, tells us that Adam probably "walked with the VOICE of God in the Garden, before the fall:

Genesis 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

So how can two walk together unless they agree? (Amos 3:3) It would appear that at that time Adam spoke God's language, a heavenly language. Nowhere does it say that God gave Adam a "different" language than His own.

So I would maintain that up until the time of Babel, all men spoke the "heavenly language", but then we see:

Genesis 11:6-9 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. 7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. 8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. 9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

We know that there is "wisdom in a multitude of counselors", however as with everything God has given us, the pursuit of "wisdom" has become the "pursuit of worldly wisdom", of science and knowledge and of self seeking purposes.

Today we find ourselves pretty much with a universal language once again. Every civilized nation on this earth communicates with one another through English or at least an interpreter that speaks English. There is nothing that is impossible for them. Consider Mystery Babylon in Revelation. The word Babylon comes from the word Babel, BTW.

Well I got a little side-tracked, but the point is that scripture reveals that the "heavenly language" is ONE language and men's language is a "multitude of languages". Perhaps you have prayed as I have often prayed: "Lord give me EARS to hear and EYES to see" what the Spirit is saying to the church." And so it was with those who HEARD in the days of Pentecost.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Dad Ernie, this was a really awesome post that you made.  Thank you.

I agree fully that on that day of Pentecost it was one heavenly language being spoken and each one with ears to hear heard it plan as day in his own language.  Awesome concept.

I love especially your use of the verse "Let him who has ears, hear and eyes, see." regarding this heavenly language.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

About the angels in our midst, what do you think of this whole angel craze?  I wonder if some of it is Satan's deception, causing people to worship angels instead of He who sent them.

CD:

You're absolutely correct sis!!  It has happened more times than I mentioned before.  Of course the thought is also always many times in my mind that if GOD could speak through a donkey.... :thumb:  I'm sure you get my message!

DE:

Enjoyed your post bruh!  One thing I'd like to compliment you on that I've noticed about your posts....you use Scripture WITHIN context, and that is important when it comes to lining up things with the Word.  Our FATHER knows I'm no Oxford scholar when it comes to breaking it down, but my LORD has given me a gift of discernment which makes so much of it clear and concise to me.  Yes, I do ask the LORD to anoint my spiritual ears and eyes to better understand HIS Word, so that I may be of better use for HIM when called upon to encourage/edify others....no matter what my condition is (good or bad).  That was a very interesting thought provoking statement you wrote concerning Adam in the garden with our FATHER's "voice".  Continue the good points you've provided on this board, bnecause besides me I'm sure your posts have been enlightening to others as well!!  Proud to be in the Body of CHRIST with you Ernie.. :thumb:

Hey OneAccord:

Keep in mind that the demons themselves are fallen angels.  I personally believe that like their leader, Satan, they don't want us in any way to know the truth about them or the good angels of the LORD, nor the beautiful future we have awaiting us in the very home they've been banished from.  This is now their abode and the misery they've helped create for mankind has an accountability list awaiting them (and they know it!).  Things are going to get worse here because of man's rejection/non belief of our LORD, which plays into the course set by Satan ONLY because of our FATHER allowing it to play out.  Demons are real...make no mistake.  They are not cartoons or figments of our imagination.  If our FATHER removed the "blinders" from our eyes right now and gave us just a few moments glimpse of the spirit world (demons/angels) it would knock our socks off!