• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

Our body is only a container that holds who we are temporariily

LadyC is right that is an excellent picture.

Do you mind if I send it to a list I'm on. There is someone there that likes to collect statements like these and use them for signatures? If so, tell me how you want credit given. You can PM me if you wish.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/06/1961

Hi Hupo,

I like others do believe when we were created in "Their Image" it refers to us as a three part being, body, mind and soul.

When God Created the World, what is the phrase:ex nil heleo, I think that is the correct spelling but don't hold me to it, meaning He created something out of nothing.

An Absolutely Amazing and Impossible Task that the Only True and Sovereign God could do.

This Creation is a Magnificent Work which continually testifies/reflects of His Greatness, and as God has always done One Work, One Creation after another to build on top of/and which is connected to the other all with a Master Plan, to reveal Himself to man.

We being formed out of this Creation are just a part of it (the Master Plan) and a Work that Only God could do!

Which also testifies/reflects of God's Greatness.

I don't know if this makes sense???

Dugmando

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

Hi Hupo,

I like others do believe when we were created in "Their Image" it refers to us as a three part being, body, mind and soul.

When God Created the World, what is the phrase:ex nil heleo, I think that is the correct spelling but don't hold me to it, meaning He created something out of nothing.

An Absolutely Amazing and Impossible Task that the Only True and Sovereign God could do.

This Creation is a Magnificent Work which continually testifies/reflects of His Greatness, and as God has always done One Work, One Creation after another to build on top of/and which is connected to the other all with a Master Plan, to reveal Himself to man.

We being formed out of this Creation are just a part of it (the Master Plan) and a Work that Only God could do!

Which also testifies/reflects of God's Greatness.

I don't know if this makes sense???

Dugmando

Thanks Dugmando,

I can see how most of you here see the image of God. The fact that I asked the question, doesn't mean I don't accept your views. IN fact most views are valid for me and have given me insight to the question I posed. The question was a real one, as were your responses and I thank you all for that.

This is an inspiring forum.

I tend to ask these kind of questions. Please don't take my questions as a threat to faith in Yeshua. They are not meant to be.

I had thoughts about this particular question and the (seemingly) different creation of man in the two chapters.

My thoughts were that maybe in chapter one God created Man, as the context of what mankind should be, or can be.

While in chapter two he created the first man, with all his weaknesses.

Therefore the man in chapter two can become the man in chapter 1 (in God's image) when he fulfills the role God gave him. As we know he didn't start off too well and all of humankind is suffering for that original sin. Yet the potential is always there. Each and every one of us can become what God made available for us, that is, to be in HIS image.

I don't know how this sits with you citizens of Worthy, but it was definatly going around in my mind and amongst other things, solved the paradox of the two creations of man.

Just a flow of thoughts.........

Blessings to all :21::):wub:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." 1 John 3:2

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

God created man in His own image. Says so in scripture....

Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Yet it also says.....

Gen 2:7 then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

So God created man, from dust, and without life, until He breathed life into Him

Something dead created from dust.......... that is God's image ? :whistling:

How would you explain this contradiction? :rolleyes:

Dear hupo,

There

Edited by 4Pillars

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Yeah, like jars of clay! :whistling:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

God created man in His own image. Says so in scripture....

Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Yet it also says.....

Gen 2:7 then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

So God created man, from dust, and without life, until He breathed life into Him

Something dead created from dust.......... that is God's image ? :)

How would you explain this contradiction? :thumbsup:

Uhm, I don't really see any contradiction in that. But as far as being "created in God's image," I don't think anyone really knows what that means exactly besides the fact that only man was ever described in the Bible as having been created in God's image. Animals weren't created in God's image, nor were trees, plants and other forms of life. To me, that makes us somewhat special, even though we don't know what it truly means to be created in His image. It's good enough for me.

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." 1 John 3:2

Thanks FresnoJoe

You somehow always manage to find the encouraging verses for any given situation

You must be blessed

Well, may this whole board be blessed :th_praying::b::th_praying:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

now there is another good answer!

Unfortunately, it's an incorrect view.

To say that our body is merely a temporary "cell" for the soul is to question God's wisdom in creating us with a body in the first place. If the body is simply a temporary holding cell, then it would be lesser than the soul. This, of course, would make no sense considering God created us with a body and will resurrect our body in the end.

What GodsLove espoused is merely the first major step towards Gnosticism, which is a heretical viewpoint of the world. I am not saying she supports Gnosticism, as I am sure she doesn't, but her belief stems from Gnostic beliefs and not Biblical ones.

There