• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/13/1934

In John 6:24, Jesus told the woman of Samaria that "God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth". Therefore, by the admission of Jesus Himself, God is a Spirit, so when God made man in His image, He made man a living spirit that was clothed in a clay body. Whether that happened in Chapter 1 (as I believe) or in Chapter 2, the end result is the same. God is a Spirit, therefore His image would be a spiritual one, not a physical one.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glory! Glory! Glory!

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:1-3

Glory! Glory! Glory!

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 1:14

Glory! Glory! Glory!

And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Luke 2:9-11

Glory! Glory! Glory!

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:5-11

Glory! Glory! Glory!

And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
Matthew 28:7

Glory! Glory! Glory!

Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Romans 8:34

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

I have enjoyed reading this thread a great deal, and I have learned a lot. I have been very impressed with some of the wisdom and insight of the people who have posted here. Mostly though, I think I've been impressed with you, Hupo. I think the answer you gave yourself is very astute and very on target. And I do love people who ask questions :) ! I do the same, but a lot of people don't like it when I do. Especially Christians.

Thank you for bringing up the topic, Hupo. Although I have absolutely nothing to add to what's already been said here, I wanted to post my appreciation!

Peace.

I would say that asking questions is essential for any kind of understanding.

I'm not sure about the answer I gave myself as eventualy it will have to be inline with God's word to have any real value.

People not liking questions is very human when there is any threat to one's belief. Yet I find this forum very accepting and tolerant.

Nothing wrong with debate. That's a way of sharpening views.

Thank you for your kind encouragement

Blessings :)

• Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

God created man by the words of his mouth. He are body, soul and spirit as he is.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

God created man in His own image. Says so in scripture....

Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Yet it also says.....

Gen 2:7 then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

So God created man, from dust, and without life, until He breathed life into Him

Something dead created from dust.......... that is God's image ? <_<

How would you explain this contradiction? :thumbsup:

I believe you are comparing the wrong parable. IMAGE/LIKENESS .....Is not Jesus from God? Does Jesus appear to look like a man? This is how I use the comparative!

Be Blessed

Cajunboy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

'MeCajunboy'

I believe you are comparing the wrong parable. IMAGE/LIKENESS .....Is not Jesus from God? Does Jesus appear to look like a man? This is how I use the comparative!

Be Blessed

Cajunboy

Butter, butter bing :blink: The word says that Jesus was the "EXPRESS" image of God"

meaning male form.

Hebrews 1:3--"Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the majesty on high."

Philippians 2:6--"Who being in the form of God thought it not robbery to be equal with God."

For Adam also was in male form as God is.

OC

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

God created man in His own image. Says so in scripture....

Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Yet it also says.....

Gen 2:7 then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

So God created man, from dust, and without life, until He breathed life into Him

Something dead created from dust.......... that is God's image ? :)

How would you explain this contradiction? :o

Be Blessed

Cajunboy

As I was refering to verses in Genesis, I used the Hebrew. And yes, Scripture is kind of vague.

1 Timothy 3:16. "And by common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: God who was revealed in the flesh, was vindicated in the Spirit, Beheld by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, Taken up in glory."

So it's is no wonder there is so much mystery and debate over scripture.

Our understanding cannot fathom the reality of God the Father, the Son or the Spirit. We are too weak in mind for this:

Isa 55:9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts"

Blessings :blink:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Dear hupo,

There

Edited by 4Pillars