• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

His first term was good. What about his first term would give a clue that he would support this?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

His first term was good. What about his first term would give a clue that he would support this?

What did he do to stop illegal immigration in his first term? Silence is often the loudest. :)

No one in Congress or the White House will ever pass an adequate immigration bill. That's 16 million votes they'd be giving up.

Immigration wasn't an issue in his first term. He doesn't care about it now because he wants the NAU, but it was a shock to me. All the Democrats want this bill passed with amnesty, but there are at least a few Republicans wh still care about this country.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1981

Here's a link to Bush on the issues. Here are his views on immigration over time (almost all of which are dated to before Nov 2004 and many of them dated to before Nov 2000):

* Take pressure off border with guest worker program. (Jan 2007)

* Our economy could not function without the immigrants. (Jan 2006)

* Support a humane guest-worker program that rejects amnesty. (Jan 2006)

* It's time to permit temporary guest workers. (Feb 2005)

* Temporary workers ok, but no amnesty. (Oct 2004)

* A time-limited worker card for the illegal immigrants. (Oct 2004)

* Don't believe we ought to have amnesty. (Oct 2004)

* Support temporary worker program but oppose amnesty. (Jan 2004)

* New temporary worker program includes illegal aliens. (Jan 2004)

* Mexico: immigration reform in exchange for oil development. (Jun 2003)

* Respect other languages, but teach all children English. (Nov 2000)

* $500M to cut INS application time to 6 months. (Jul 2000)

* Welcome Latinos; immigration is not a problem to be solved. (Jun 2000)

* Make INS more

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Well, I voted for Bush, but at the time I had no clue that he would take leave of his senses and support this, and I'm sure most others who voted for him got the same surprise. He turned around in his second term and became a person totally different than the person I voted for. It's been a shock to me.

Or perhaps you were just ignorant of the signs given in his first term :b:

I think many of us saw Bush as an appeasement President. Bush has attempted to appease Democrats since the day he stepped foot in the White House. It has been with mind-numbing frustration that we watch him attempt to "make nice" with people who hate him.

Bush was still the far superior choice over the other options...and truth be told...I'd still vote for him over ANY democrat Candidate that has announced a run for the White House this year.

Bush isn't perfect, and he doesn't have to be. I didn't vote for him because of his political saavy. I voted for him because I trust his judgement...and I still do.

Well, I voted for Bush, but at the time I had no clue that he would take leave of his senses and support this, and I'm sure most others who voted for him got the same surprise. He turned around in his second term and became a person totally different than the person I voted for. It's been a shock to me.

Or perhaps you were just ignorant of the signs given in his first term :whistling:

I think many of us saw Bush as an appeasement President. Bush has attempted to appease Democrats since the day he stepped foot in the White House. It has been with mind-numbing frustration that we watch him attempt to "make nice" with people who hate him.

Bush was still the far superior choice over the other options...and truth be told...I'd still vote for him over ANY democrat Candidate that has announced a run for the White House this year.

Bush isn't perfect, and he doesn't have to be. I didn't vote for him because of his political saavy. I voted for him because I trust his judgement...and I still do.

:b:

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Absolutely true. But, as to your last sentence, I would say that I like Mr Bush, I respect him, but my hope has always been that he would not do too much damage while in office. Sad, huh?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Liberals, you can't live with them and you can't shoot them=to bad you can't deport them to a liberal zoo.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

Liberals, you can't live with them and you can't shoot them=to bad you can't deport them to a liberal zoo.

*Hugs* I love you too! You're like a boquet of Honeyplum flowers and Whizzbang candy drops! I didn't really want that first amendment either.

"Love your enemies. It makes them so darn mad."

BUT GOD

"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." Galatians 6:14

Conservative, Liberal, Green, Lean or Mean, Brother Has God Got Our Number.......

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isaiah 64:6

Because of this.....

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Conservative, Liberal, Green, Lean or Mean, Brother Has God Got Something Special For Us.......

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1 Corinthians 2:9

Don't let that ugly mug you see in the mirror get you down, God's got you covered.......

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1 John 3:2

Thank You Brothers and Sisters.

I just stopped in to post a little plug for The Party we all truly belong to.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
John 3:3

While kibitzing over this and and that, remember to sing......

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Ephesians 5:19

You Are loved.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.[/quote[John 3:16

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe