Dr. Gene Scott

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  580
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

If he can reach people for God, I think that is the most important thing.

I always thought that most of his teaching, though, was directed more towards educating the believer rather than reaching the non-believer.

I also think that he was one of the most intelligent Biblical teachers of this generation, although as I said before, I do think much of his practical theology was a bit twisted. I don't believe that he was a HERETIC, per se, but I also think that he seemed a bit openly carnal for a minister.

As far as his wife goes, I ABSOLUTELY agree with ex-rockstar in that it is wrong for a woman to command the pulpit, although I'm really not sure if she had his blessing in doing this; after all, she did take over a couple of years AFTER he died.

I'm thinking that this may have been the brainchild of the people involved in his ministry, who just wanted to keep it going. No one can really say if this was his preference.

Edited by DarkNebulaWelder

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  580
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Just wondering if you guys have ever watched him; and if so, what is your opinion?

never heard of him

To me, the man was a heretic, so you are not missing anything. I agree with those who said he was very intelligent, but his teachings were off, and he smoked and used curse words on his program, and attacked other ministers who preached against sin and the reality of hell. He was also always begging for money, and refused to teach till he raised the amount he set in his mind.

I always thought that his pet peeve was against preachers whose sermons concentrated ONLY on sin and Hell....not those who preached against it. After all, there's a lot more to the Gospel than Hell.