IGNORED

Movie Theaters : Do you bring your own drinks and snacks?

Vickilynn

Movie Theater Snacks - Yours or Theirs?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. So, is it really WRONG to bring in your own snacks and drinks to the movie that you paid to see? It's not a LAW, right?

• No, it's not wrong. The theater prices are highway robbery
    • No, it's not wrong, it's a rule, not a LAW
    • Yes, it's wrong, we should obey the theater rules
    • Yes, it's wrong, we are robbing the theater owners of their mega-profits

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom,

We went to the theater the other day and I was aghast at the prices at the Concession stand!

I know the theater requests that you not bring in your own foods and drinks, but that's because they want to sell you theirs.

So, is it really WRONG to bring in your own snacks and drinks to the movie that you paid to see? It's not a LAW, right?

Just curious what others think. Thanks!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Alright, so I wasn't entirely sure what I should have voted for this, but the prices of their food is SOOO expensive.. it's a rule, not a law, but they are SOOOO expensive it's ridiculous! I think it's almost wrong to do so becuase they are trying to make money, but I"m not wasting my own money on that sort of stuff

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

It is not against the rules to bring an EMPTY water bottle. SO I bring one and fill it from their water fountain. Then I always carry those flavored water packets in my purse. Problem solved. Also eat before you go so that you dont crave snacks. A roll of life savers or tic tacs will curb the sweet need. These are things that I usually always carry so I do not see it as breaking any rules.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Here you would have to sneak in a water or whatever; they will confiscate it. :blink: How cheap do you have to be try and sneak in a snack from home, anyway?

I know the manager of one theater in town and she jokes about the way you make money in the movie business: buy a popcorn stand and build a movie theater around it! Yeah, it's highway robbery...so how hard is it to sit for two hours and not eat or drink?? I go to the movies to see a movie on a big screen; I don't go there to eat.

For that matter, how hard is it just to wait a couple of months and just rent or buy the DVD?? You watch it on your own 60 inch HDTV with Bose surround sound and bingo! You have a movie theater experience in the comfort of your home.

Movie theater popcorn, ballpark hot dogs, hockey arena poutine...it's all overpriced. And they do frown on you bringing in your own. It's just not....cricket!

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,940
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  233
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

we dont have those rules or even requests here ....no one bats an eyelid if you take your own stuff in and with the prices they charge and the long queues I would go without rather than buy at the cinema

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Here you would have to sneak in a water or whatever; they will confiscate it. :blink: How cheap do you have to be try and sneak in a snack from home, anyway?

I know the manager of one theater in town and she jokes about the way you make money in the movie business: buy a popcorn stand and build a movie theater around it! Yeah, it's highway robbery...so how hard is it to sit for two hours and not eat or drink?? I go to the movies to see a movie on a big screen; I don't go there to eat.

For that matter, how hard is it just to wait a couple of months and just rent or buy the DVD?? You watch it on your own 60 inch HDTV with Bose surround sound and bingo! You have a movie theater experience in the comfort of your home.

Movie theater popcorn, ballpark hot dogs, hockey arena poutine...it's all overpriced. And they do frown on you bringing in your own. It's just not....cricket!

They confiscate an EMPTY water bottle?

Not at our theater. An empty bottle isnt bringing in food or drinks.

Guest LadyC

i hardly ever go to the theaters. the last time i went, i bought a popcorn and coke, and my jaw hit the floor to find out i didn't have enough cash to pay for it! i had THOUGHT $10 would cover it. my daughter had to dig in her purse for the additional $1.75 i was short.

i have to have popcorn at a theater. can't sneak that in.... but i have often snuck in drinks.

if i were to see a movie at a theater today, since i've sworn off sugar, i'd probably sneak in my sugar-free candies. but honestly, it's much easier for me to just rent a movie from blockbuster and enjoy it at home.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

:noidea: I dunno. You know, until I read this, I would never have even thought bringing in food to a theater! I mean, it just seems...improper (?) or something.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

Gotta have popcorn. Hot freshly popped with dash of salt and smidgen of yellow oil flavoring. :noidea::noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

:noidea: I dunno. You know, until I read this, I would never have even thought bringing in food to a theater! I mean, it just seems...improper (?) or something.

you don't know what you're missing! :noidea:

I grew up bringing food into the theater -- whenever my family decided it was movie night, entrance to the theater was always preceeded by a stop at the gas station to load mom's giant purse.