IGNORED

Movie Theaters : Do you bring your own drinks and snacks?

Vickilynn

Movie Theater Snacks - Yours or Theirs?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. So, is it really WRONG to bring in your own snacks and drinks to the movie that you paid to see? It's not a LAW, right?

• No, it's not wrong. The theater prices are highway robbery
    • No, it's not wrong, it's a rule, not a LAW
    • Yes, it's wrong, we should obey the theater rules
    • Yes, it's wrong, we are robbing the theater owners of their mega-profits

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

i got yall beat. i no a few websites where i can watch any movies in the theatre 4 free. i was goin there 4 awhile but it felt wrong so i stopped.

What did you feel was wrong about it?

I've got retrovision bookmarked. They show all license free movies. A lot of B&W classics along with cartoons and TV serials. It's all above board. :taped:

I did a search and couldn't find retrovision.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

If I'm not mistaken, it's actually retrovision theater. dot com. one word, no space. Is that the one, Gerioke?

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

If I'm not mistaken, it's actually retrovision theater. dot com. one word, no space. Is that the one, Gerioke?

http://retrovision.tv

Here's the link. I'm not sure if this violates TOS so feel free to delete it .

I won't get mad. :taped:

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

i got yall beat. i no a few websites where i can watch any movies in the theatre 4 free. i was goin there 4 awhile but it felt wrong so i stopped.

What did you feel was wrong about it?

I've got retrovision bookmarked. They show all license free movies. A lot of B&W classics along with cartoons and TV serials. It's all above board. :taped:

ya there was movies on there thatr playin in theatres now and i thot i was stealin or something

Yeah, that would be illegal. :noidea:

There's not too many new movies that interest me so I generally steer clear of pirated stuff. I don't mind waiting for the DVD if there's something I like. I prefer to have a movie free of gliches anyways. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

:24::24::13:

Movie?

What's A Move :24::o:star:

Joe, you'd probably know them by the name "talkies" :24:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

We have a Wendy's at the end of the parking lot from the theater. He have on many occasions, ate at Wendy's and brought the big cup to drink at the theater. All the theater required was that it had a lid.

When I was much younger my mother would take us to the matinees. She had inquired with the theater managment about bringing popcorn from home. All she was required to do was to put in an enclosed container (my mother was a Tupperware nut).

There are many different dietary needs among movie goers. I feel the theaters recognize this as their consession stands are very limited in stock. Therefore, several people have had to bring in their own snacks and drinks.

There may be some theaters that will try to discourage bringing in snacks and drinks. The best thing to do is eat a hearty meal before you go and bring a water bottle with you. Breath mints if you want.

There are other concerns with the theater in town that make movie going almost non existant for me and my family. The prices are getting a bit ridiculous, but the theater also draws a crowd of people that are disrespectful of others, and vandalism is rampant in the parking lot, with fights and vehicle accidents.

We do rent lots of dvds and watch at home. That way we can have dinner and a movie or two.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/12/1983

I don't understand why theaters are that way. I mean if people want to bring in their own drinks and snacks, let them. If you work in a theater, surely then you understand that a ticket plus food and drink at a theater is expensive.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I don't think it matters that much either way. For me personally, I would find it rude if someone brought their own pop and popcorn, but say you want to eat peppermints during the movie, then bringing it yourself is fine. Even though some theaters sell various candies, pop and popcorn are the main things and so you should buy those at the theater. And while the prices are horrific, it's not like they force you to buy it. I never buy pop or popcorn and I haven't died yet. :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

I really don't have an answer for this because I see both sides of it...however, just as part of the "date" experience, we usually buy stuff from the theaters...now John Hagee's wife used to make awesome breakfasts for her family and they would pack them up and sneak them into theaters....maybe it is wrong...but it was the memories that they created....I really don't condemn people for doing it...I would go by if I felt convicted for doing it or not...if I did, then I would not do it...