• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I wanted to get more info.

I guess everyone knows someone at some point that has committed suicide, so it seems we've all thought about it's results at some point...

Does anyone have any scripture references that clearly state....

Does suicide mean that the person goes straight to hell?

Clearly the person has unforgiven sin.... however.... if they were a beliver were they forgiven without asking specifically?

If you are saved then ALL YOUR SINS ARE COVERED BY HIS BLOOD.

It does not mean youre off the hook because you will have to answer to your actions at the Bema seat of Christ.

Does suicide send you to hell? No not if youre saved.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member

You know I deleted my post, because I didn't want to get into this, you have your mind made up and so do I, we are not going to change how the other feels. Please just delete my post out of yours and lets just let it go.

Thank you, I really do appreciate it.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I agree with SP.

There is only 1 sin that is unforgivable. Blasphemy-denial of Jesus.

Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary - Cite This Source

Blasphemy

In the sense of speaking evil of God this word is found in Ps. 74:18; Isa. 52:5; Rom. 2:24; Rev. 13:1, 6; 16:9, 11, 21. It denotes also any kind of calumny, or evil-speaking, or abuse (1 Kings 21:10; Acts 13:45; 18:6, etc.). Our Lord was accused of blasphemy when he claimed to be the Son of God (Matt. 26:65; comp. Matt. 9:3; Mark 2:7). They who deny his Messiahship blaspheme Jesus (Luke 22:65; John 10:36). Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost (Matt. 12:31, 32; Mark 3:28, 29; Luke 12:10) is regarded by some as a continued and obstinate rejection of the gospel, and hence is an unpardonable sin, simply because as long as a sinner remains in unbelief he voluntarily excludes himself from pardon. Others regard the expression as designating the sin of attributing to the power of Satan those miracles which Christ performed, or generally those works which are the result of the Spirit's agency.

This goes along with

noone is saved but through Jesus.

So hell=no Jesus

That's it.

Suicide is a sin, yes. Noone denies that. But we will all die with unrepented sin. I cant possibly remember every single sin I have ever committed in my entire life. But Jesus knows them all and if I trust in Jesus and accept Him as my Savior, He will cover ALL my sins. Past sins, Present sins, and Future sins.

When Jesus died for me, I wasnt even born yet, so all my sins were future sins.

I believe those who trust Jesus are saved even if they commit suicide.

Another thing to consider.

Those who knowingly over eat, knowing that it will eventually kill them, are they not committing slow suicide.

Smokers, are they not committing suicide?

Alcoholics, are they not committing suicide.

Bulemics and anorexics are also killing themselves.

The only way to assure that you will go to hell is live without Jesus.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

How do we know that suicide does not send a person to the lake of fire?

The Word says our body is a temple of the Holy Ghost and that the we are not are own. If we take this as true, how is it that we deal with the temple of the Holy Ghost as we see fit. Now before we start getting knit-picky, let us stay on topic. The Word says Thou shall not kill. If I am saved, I will by the Spirit of God, be obedient to this command. I do agree that if one kills they can be forgiven...David, and Paul are wonderful examples.

But without us reading into what the Word says, espically concerning one verse. Would it be far-fetched to say that suicide would have been dealt with in the Word if it would not bring us seperation from God.

What do we count as saved? I have heard some say that salvation can be lost, but then will say that suicide wont bring seperation. How is that?

Now I know this is a touchy subject so I pray that God covers our words and keeps our motive pure in our responding.

well maybe your issue is not suicide but what you feel is "salvation."

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I apologize, as I did not read every reply listed here. I just wanted to say that to understand and study suicide, you must look at Judas Iscariot. He opted for suicide........why? Wasn't there another response he could have chosen? He IS the study on suicide. He reveals the motivation behind such an action, we must consider the heart of this matter, to get the answer about suicide and heaven or hell.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom Ruck,

I agree with what you've posted. I believe the Scriptures to say that murder is a sin.

Of course ANY sin can be repented of and forgiven if one is alive to do so. However, when a person takes their own life, they are in fact, willfully committing sin and not repenting of it.

And I do believe that to be forgiven, we must repent and ask forgiveness. We can't do that if we have just killed ourselves (which is murder).

The bottom line is, do we want to take the chance that we might be judged for this sin? I know I don't!

Aren't we doing someone a grave injustice by telling them they can go ahead and kill themselves and still get to Heaven? What if we're wrong? And IF that were the case, why don't we see the NT saints all committing suicide to get to Heaven when trials come? Why aren't we told to kill ourselves and we'd be free from this Earth and be with Jesus? Because it is not His way. Jesus wants us to overcome by His power.

1 John 5

3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome. 4 For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith. 5Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

2 Timothy 4

6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/19/1978

I apologize, as I did not read every reply listed here. I just wanted to say that to understand and study suicide, you must look at Judas Iscariot. He opted for suicide........why? Wasn't there another response he could have chosen? He IS the study on suicide. He reveals the motivation behind such an action, we must consider the heart of this matter, to get the answer about suicide and heaven or hell.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Yeah, but not everyone who commits suicide had the same reasons as Judas....

He was guilty of a sin against Christ... for which he couldn't forgive himself... (or at least that's what I think)....

Some people aren't driven by sin, only by self-loathing or loneliness... could you really group them with him?

I guess the fundamental question here is... Can you get into heaven with unforgiven sin?

I grew up Baptist and in past years have been active in a Holiness/Pentacostal church....

The Baptist in me says... yeah... once saved always saved! (Praise God for His Grace!)

The Pentacostal Church taught that if you've backslidden and not been walking with God daily then you're bound for hell....

I guess I'm just looking for scripture to say who's right?

"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Acts 4:10-12

I guess I'm just looking for scripture to say who's right?
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24-25

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

:):emot-hug::)

OC