WN: People born homosexual, say local school officials - World Net Dai

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

With regard to the issue of homosexuality being genetic.

My opinion is that sin is a genetic trait. It is not a genetic "abnormality" in the same sense that Chron's, Dwarfism, and others are. But that it is a genetic abnormality in the sense that, from the fall, sin became inherent within mankind, and that certain individuals can be born with a certain disposition to a certain type of sin.

I believe that if more Christians held this same view, then the debate over whether homosexuality is a choice or not would dissipate. If Christians understood that we are all equally born into sin, but also that some of us are predisposed toward a certain type of sin, then "choice" would become a matter of learning to overcome that predisposition, and we could become more understanding and helpful to those who constantly battle with their personal "demons."

So there's a gene that codes for sin....? Sin is inherent; to call it genetic would be a categorical mistake.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is that sin is a genetic trait. It is not a genetic "abnormality" in the same sense that Chron's, Dwarfism, and others are. But that it is a genetic abnormality in the sense that, from the fall, sin became inherent within mankind, and that certain individuals can be born with a certain disposition to a certain type of sin.

I believe that if more Christians held this same view, then the debate over whether homosexuality is a choice or not would dissipate. If Christians understood that we are all equally born into sin, but also that some of us are predisposed toward a certain type of sin, then "choice" would become a matter of learning to overcome that predisposition, and we could become more understanding and helpful to those who constantly battle with their personal "demons."

I think this is very well-put. I fully agree with you. The problem is, I think, that people have the tendency to suggest that because we're born with it, it must be normal and right.

No, people have the tendency to suggest that because no one gets hurt, it must be normal and right. The clash is whether people believe it's sin. If the Bible did not mention homosexual behavior, then we would not be having this discussion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

So there's a gene that codes for sin....? Sin is inherent; to call it genetic would be a categorical mistake.

We are all born with a sin nature. Genuine disabilities like the ones mentioned are the result of sin--original sin and the fact that we are living in a sin-cursed world and in sin-cursed bodies. Homosexuality is not something one HAS to give into. If, and I say if, a person is born gay, which I doubt, but if they are, and it most certainly is an abomination, then that is their cross to bear and a life of celibacy awaits them unless the Lord heals their minds. And He can heal their minds if He chooses to and if the afflicted person allows Him to.

The problem with homosexuality is that the practice of it produces pleasure. And who doesn't like a good feeling? So it's a difficult sin to get the victory over. But it can done.

We are all born with a sin nature. Genuine disabilities like the ones mentioned are the result of sin--original sin and the fact that we are living in a sin-cursed world and in sin-cursed bodies. Homosexuality is not something one HAS to give into. If, and I say if, a person is born gay, which I doubt, but if they are, and it most certainly is an abomination, then that is their cross to bear and a life of celibacy awaits them unless the Lord heals their minds. And He can heal their minds if He chooses to and if the afflicted person allows Him to.

The problem with homosexuality is that the practice of it produces pleasure. And who doesn't like a good feeling? So it's a difficult sin to get the victory over. But it can done.

Why do you doubt people can be born gay? It's a sin regardless, so why are fundamentalist Christians so adamant to opposing the possibility that people can be born gay? If it's a cross to bear, then it doesn't matter if you're born gay or not. God, for some reason, allows people to live a life of agony. I guess in the end, heaven awaits.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/01/1964

Here's some reading on the subject:

http://www.narth.com/menus/born.html

Guest shiloh357

Why do you doubt people can be born gay? It's a sin regardless, so why are fundamentalist Christians so adamant to opposing the possibility that people can be born gay? If it's a cross to bear, then it doesn't matter if you're born gay or not. God, for some reason, allows people to live a life of agony. I guess in the end, heaven awaits.

The reason is that God would not call homosexuality a "sin" or "abomination" if it was something a person was born with and has no choice in. God does not force anyone to live in moral failure that He judges.

The reason is that God would not call homosexuality a "sin" or "abomination" if it was something a person was born with and has no choice in. God does not force anyone to live in moral failure that He judges.

Aren't we all born into sin? We have no choice BUT to be born into sin.

The sin is homosexual acts, not homosexuality.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Aren't we all born into sin? We have no choice BUT to be born into sin.

The sin is homosexual acts, not homosexuality.

I believe that was my point.

We are actually born in sin, not born into sin. That is, we are born with a sin nature with the predilection to sin as opposed to not sin. Someone who continually lies doesn't have the dreaded "lying gene," do they? Or the schmuck who always cheats on his wife has the "adultery gene?" Come on.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Genes are inherent.

Do you have the capability to live a sinless life?

I'll answer: nobody does.

Therefore, it must be something which we all possess from birth, not acquire at some later stage of development.

I asked you above if you are a Christian. Could you please respond to that?

Genes are inherent.

Do you have the capability to live a sinless life?

I'll answer: nobody does.

Therefore, it must be something which we all possess from birth, not acquire at some later stage of development.

I asked you above if you are a Christian. Could you please respond to that?

Sin is a spiritual matter brought on by disobedience.

Genes are sequences of nucleotides that God uses for all living things.

Hence, you can't compare sin with genes. They're in different categories.

Roses are red.

Blood is red.

Doesn't mean they can be compared the same way.

"Do you have the capability to live a sinless life?"

-Of course not. And I never said or implied that it's possible.

"Therefore, it must be something which we all possess from birth, not acquire at some later stage of development."

-We're born into sin. We're born with genes. But you can't say sin is encoded into genes.

"I asked you above if you are a Christian. Could you please respond to that?"

-I'll respond by saying I believe that Jesus, the Son of God, died for our sins and He's the only way to heaven.