IGNORED

Choosing to have children without a man...

Zol

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

I think the above point raised about adoption is good. While a two-parent household is ideal, I don't think we should necessarily criticize a woman or man who chooses to take in a child if she or he has the means to support the child.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

i think my own personal opinion is irrelevant. God's made His position quite clear. God's desire is that for all children to be raised by a loving, godly, married couple. a person that chooses a clinical procedure to get pregnant & have a child without the benefit of a father is going against His design, and it IS selfishness. it does not consider the best interest of the child.

however, God does acknowledge and make provisions in scripture for other circumstances. while it's always in the best interest of a child to have a mother and father, let's consider abraham's other son... when ishmael and his mother were banished from abraham's household, God promised to provide for both mother and child.

now back to my irrelevant opinion, i think that for a child with no other options, we should fall back on the fact that we are to take care of children. a child that has no chance of finding a two parent home, but who could be adopted by a single parent who loves him/her might not be optimal, but i believe it could be within God's will for that child.

this doesn't apply to infants, particularly in america where there is no shortage of willing married couples who wish to adopt.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

It really is very simple. God meant for children to have a father and a mother which will give the child ballance. If one marries and gets stuck raising a child with one parent then that parent has to try and do both but that is very hard. But if you have a child on purpose without the opther parent you are being selfish and in rebellion against the plan of God for us "Go forth and multiply" and the child will grow up with the same problems as those children have who come from a broken family. You might not see the problem before they are an adult but there will be some lopsidedness.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

If a single person wanted to adopt a homeless child, I couldn't possibly see the problem with this.

Otherwise, I think it's a cop out by a seriously misled person. My sister is a divorced mother of two who, bless her heart, tries as best she can to play the role of mom and dad. Her ex beat her so she doesn't maintain ANY contact with him. I guarantee she wishes she had the other half to raise these boys in the right way. Don't get me wrong, they're good boys, but you can tell THEY starve for a father figure which oftentimes becomes....me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom,

Well, I don't mind being the one in the crowd with the different opinion! :o

I believe a single woman can give a child a loving, healthy and G-dly home in the right circumstances.

I believe we should do as G-d leads us, not as others think.

If I were single and wanted a child, I would adopt and give a child a loving home. In a heartbeat! :thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

ADOPTION on the other hand is the chance to give a child who is alone or in dire need a loving and happy home :rolleyes: You may not have all the answers in this case either but at least you have the joy of being able to tell the child as much as you can and fill the rest in with love and the knowledge that they were truely wanted and chosen and not just created by science to aliviate your lonliness :noidea:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::o

As for adoption. Yes two parents are ideal. But we have so many children who need a good home no matter if its a one parent home or not. A woman or a man can successfully raise a child in a single parent home. It has been done as in case of a widow or widower raising their children. If a woman or a man who is single want to adopt a child then I say go for it. The love that would be focused on the child would be no less than if it were divided between two parents.

:24::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You raise good points. I think that lot of women have children because they simply want to for selfish reasons; to be fulfilled, to feel like a woman, to play the role of a mother, to keep a marriage together; all certainly the wrong reasons for having children. As far as needing two parents, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that having both a father and a mother is NO guarantee that a child will be raised correctly. I have seen many children with just one parent who turned out just fine. Of course, it is better to have both, I'm just saying that one parent who raises the child in the right will produce a well-integrated member of society. But motivation is the key, I'd say.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

now back to my irrelevant opinion, i think that for a child with no other options, we should fall back on the fact that we are to take care of children. a child that has no chance of finding a two parent home, but who could be adopted by a single parent who loves him/her might not be optimal, but i believe it could be within God's will for that child.

If a single person wanted to adopt a homeless child, I couldn't possibly see the problem with this.

me neither. and i feel this is were my life is headed.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

ADOPTION on the other hand is the chance to give a child who is alone or in dire need a loving and happy home :rolleyes: You may not have all the answers in this case either but at least you have the joy of being able to tell the child as much as you can and fill the rest in with love and the knowledge that they were truely wanted and chosen and not just created by science to aliviate your lonliness :noidea:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::o

As for adoption. Yes two parents are ideal. But we have so many children who need a good home no matter if its a one parent home or not. A woman or a man can successfully raise a child in a single parent home. It has been done as in case of a widow or widower raising their children. If a woman or a man who is single want to adopt a child then I say go for it. The love that would be focused on the child would be no less than if it were divided between two parents.

:24::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You raise good points. I think that lot of women have children because they simply want to for selfish reasons; to be fulfilled, to feel like a woman, to play the role of a mother, to keep a marriage together; all certainly the wrong reasons for having children. As far as needing two parents, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that having both a father and a mother is NO guarantee that a child will be raised correctly. I have seen many children with just one parent who turned out just fine. Of course, it is better to have both, I'm just saying that one parent who raises the child in the right will produce a well-integrated member of society. But motivation is the key, I'd say.

One parent is better than NO parent, and sometimes with the way some parents are, the kids are definitely better off without them!

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

ADOPTION on the other hand is the chance to give a child who is alone or in dire need a loving and happy home :21: You may not have all the answers in this case either but at least you have the joy of being able to tell the child as much as you can and fill the rest in with love and the knowledge that they were truely wanted and chosen and not just created by science to aliviate your lonliness :noidea:

:21::emot-hug::thumbsup:

One parent is better than NO parent, and sometimes with the way some parents are, the kids are definitely better off without them!

Great points!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

firehill................did you just agree with me? :21: