• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

No you have not offended me by your post - nor even by calling me brother when I am a lady :noidea:

:) Somedays I just can't get it right. :huh:

I told a friend of mine the other day that if he was wrong as often as I am wrong, it wouldn't bother him as much. :noidea: ...being wrong that is. I'm use to putting my foot in my mouth. :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I used say I'd pay a million dollars to forget certain things that happened to me. Now, I'm happy I kept the money; the Lord does heal the mind, even though you never really forget. I'm a firm believer in "renewing your mind," as Paul wrote. It IS transforming me, ever so slowly, but it is.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom,

You know, I can see both sides to this.

On the one hand, I would LOVE to forget some of the more painful memories. When they hit me, I physically double-over. It is a physiological reaction to the memory. It is actually painful to remember, more than being sad. I guess I can't express it adequately, but it's like being hit it in the gut with a baseball bat.

On the other hand, with some of the experiences I have gone through with Jesus, I have been able to share His love, peace and comfort with others. And that is worth the pain many times.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Shalom,

On the one hand, I would LOVE to forget some of the more painful memories. When they hit me, I physically double-over. It is a physiological reaction to the memory. It is actually painful to remember, more than being sad. I guess I can't express it adequately, but it's like being hit it in the gut with a baseball bat.

On the other hand, with some of the experiences I have gone through with Jesus, I have been able to share His love, peace and comfort with others. And that is worth the pain many times.

:wub: yes you have, and God bless you for it! :24:

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom,

:wub: yes you have, and God bless you for it! :24:

Shalom SP,

:3:;)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/19/1978

I'll keep all my memory's thank you, the good and the bad..............they have all taught me something.

Right on!

I have learned something from EVERY one of my bad memories... even if the lesson was just to protect myself better in the future. (ex: I learned 1st hand why women shouldn't walk alone after night.)

Also, I wonder what the long-term effects would be.... I already would forget my head if it weren't attached, I really don't need memory problems!!!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

It's the bad memories that keep me on my knees. It's the bad memories that keep me in repentance.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

What was this thread about? :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Yes Vickilynn. I agree that it is difficult to put this pain into words but for the people who are happy to keep their bad memories, I don't think that they would say that if it meant being continually hit in the gut with a baseball bat.

I think that until people have had a week, a month, a year or even longer of being continually hit in the gut with a baseball bat then it is impossible for them to say that they would still be happy to keep their bad memories!

Marnie, I also believe in "renewing the mind". Unfortunately though, my mind is still caught in trauma mode. The amazing thing was when I saw the title of this thread, I actually was excited at the prospect of going back to my doctor with a name of a drug that could help me. It was just so disappointing to find that I was already on the drug and that it didn't do what the article claimed that it could do.

A big thank you to everybody who has prayed for me.