IGNORED

Bush commutes Libby's sentence

kat8585

Guest Biblicist

And for those of you saying that Bush and Cheney hung Libby out to dry...let me add this...The White House won a huge victory when the Prosecutor let Armitage and Rove go. The Libby trial was a sham, and everyone knew it...including the jury. It didn't harm the White House to wait and see what the outcome of that trial would be. I am sure that Libby was told early on that he wouldn't spend a day in jail. The White House knew that Libby's trial was a desperate attempt by the Prosecutor to find somebody guilty of something...no matter how ridiculous.

:emot-puke-old:

How Scooter was treated was, in my view, reprehensible. My hope is that he will write a book, go on the speaking circuit and become extremely wealthy. That's the best revenge.

Conservatives sure seem to love books by convicted felons... :whistling:

Not fair to lump conservatives into one group. I have never read a book by a convicted felon. Don't intend to. You could say, "some people" sure seem to love books by conviced felons.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

And for those of you saying that Bush and Cheney hung Libby out to dry...let me add this...The White House won a huge victory when the Prosecutor let Armitage and Rove go. The Libby trial was a sham, and everyone knew it...including the jury. It didn't harm the White House to wait and see what the outcome of that trial would be. I am sure that Libby was told early on that he wouldn't spend a day in jail. The White House knew that Libby's trial was a desperate attempt by the Prosecutor to find somebody guilty of something...no matter how ridiculous.

:P

How Scooter was treated was, in my view, reprehensible. My hope is that he will write a book, go on the speaking circuit and become extremely wealthy. That's the best revenge.

Conservatives sure seem to love books by convicted felons... :thumbsup:

Not fair to lump conservatives into one group. I have never read a book by a convicted felon. Don't intend to. You could say, "some people" sure seem to love books by conviced felons.

I am just going by the number of convicted felons from the Nixon and Reagan administrations who enjoy a lot of popularity today amoung conservatives as pundits and authors. If I am not mistaken, something like 130 members of the Reagan Administration were charged and convicted with various felony crimes (more than any administration before or since).

• Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Almost as much as Liberals love books from disbarred sexually dysfunctional ex-Presidents.

t.

Haha, he only wrote one that I can think of, and it was just as boring a read as every other ex-presidents autobiography.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I expected this; I predict Libby will get a full pardon before all is said and done.

Anyone with an IQ larger than their ring finger size knows that this was done to keep Libby's mouth shut; the man knows too much and if he went to jail he'd start talking, and talking and talking.....maybe even write a tell all book about the corruption in this administration.

Personally I'm a little tired of the "Clinton" excuse whenever the corruption in this WH is at issue. I guess "moral values" and "ethics" don't apply when it comes to republicans and their far-right supporters. "Accountability" is just a campaign slogan that's fallen by the wayside among the "flock" these days.

Guest LadyC

hmmm.... so you're saying anyone on this board that disagrees with your assessment has no intelligence?

you might want to rethink that.

hmmm.... so you're saying anyone on this board that disagrees with your assessment has no intelligence?

you might want to rethink that.

I meant that generally, as a figure of speech but since you zeroed in on that one thing and ignored the rest of my conclusions perhaps you might want to just "think" about it in general. It's basically a no-brainer. When I first heard about this I told my husband, he won't serve a day because he knows too much. People can talk it to death on both sides but it's so obvious it's simple.

Guest LadyC

and maybe you need to read some of the well thought out posts on this thread by people with more brains than liberal bias and rethink your own position.

and maybe you need to read some of the well thought out posts on this thread by people with more brains than liberal bias and rethink your own position.

Liberal bias, my goodness, how dare I!!! When Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh get extremely nasty the far-righters love it; when I make one comment a far-righter feels SO persecuted.

So, you don't think Bush commuted his sentence to keep him from talking? After saying at the beginning he'd punish anyone in his administration if it was discovered they had anything to do with this? Come on...

If anything those on the far-right (who truly try and walk the talk) should be more outraged about this than they were Clinton's adulterous liason with ML since part of the reason they went for Bush in big numbers was because they wanted a return to accountability in govt, ethics, morality etc. (BTW, I voted for Bush in 2000 and was a republican for over 20 yrs; I've only become a democrat in the past few). If someone is going to lie and act unethically to me then they'd better not act like they're so "Godly".....that only adds hypocrisy to their "sins" as far as I'm concerned.

I think Bush has become a spineless wimp. He should have Given Libby a full, unconditional pardon.

He still could give him a full pardon. At this point in time I hope he does. Then, when Libby has his full pardon in hand I hope he doublecrosses Dick Cheney and George Bush and writes a tell-all book. I bet it would be a best seller! -- Scooter Libby is no Vince Foster; this guy is smart and you better believe he's got his bases and backside covered during this whole thing. I sure can't fault him for that. At this point the man has to stay alive and be able to make a living....nobody wants to end up dead in a public park like the unfortunate Mr. Foster.

Edited by Hypathia