IGNORED

speaking in tounges

Guest faithwalk

Guest faithwalk

Hello,

I was revealed by a dear friend tonight that she had experienced what it was like to speak in tounges. We are both Christians and we talk openly about things. She attens my church on a regular basis and I do things with her outside of church as well.

We recently had a speaker at our church who speaks of this and practices this on a reg. basis. He gave those that were at the church a booklet which had a sec. on how you can ask the holy spirit into your body. This frighted my friend very much. She told me that she was not ready for this. Well, time passed and she stopped thinking about it until one day while she was cleaning...the booklet fell off the shelf and opened right to that page. She began studying this and it just happened!! For the first time ever on this 4th of July. Now I can be nieve, but this is a girl that I completey trust. She is no holds barred if you know what I mean! I would really love to experience this. Can anyone tell me what they think about this subject? She had then told me that later that day...everything went back to normal. But it was revealed to her how much God loves us. It really made me re-acess my relationship with the Lord. I think it's time for me to work on more prayer and meditating more on what God wants from me.

Take care and God bless you all

Alliosn (faithwalk)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Study into it and ask God about it....He would give you that gift only if ou are ready and never to scare you.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

The Holy Spirit is NOT always 'gentle.' The Scripture speaks of people under the influence of the Holy Spirit falling to the ground the experience is so overwhelming....and PROPHESYING ALL NIGHT!!! That is a very powerful experience.

Some folks find new and unusual experiences scarey.......

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I am in agreement with you Leonard..

I know it scared me when I was first introduced to the "tongue speakers" ..

It surely can be a powerful experience...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Hello,

I was revealed by a dear friend tonight that she had experienced what it was like to speak in tounges. We are both Christians and we talk openly about things. She attens my church on a regular basis and I do things with her outside of church as well.

We recently had a speaker at our church who speaks of this and practices this on a reg. basis. He gave those that were at the church a booklet which had a sec. on how you can ask the holy spirit into your body. This frighted my friend very much. She told me that she was not ready for this. Well, time passed and she stopped thinking about it until one day while she was cleaning...the booklet fell off the shelf and opened right to that page. She began studying this and it just happened!! For the first time ever on this 4th of July. Now I can be nieve, but this is a girl that I completey trust. She is no holds barred if you know what I mean! I would really love to experience this. Can anyone tell me what they think about this subject? She had then told me that later that day...everything went back to normal. But it was revealed to her how much God loves us. It really made me re-acess my relationship with the Lord. I think it's time for me to work on more prayer and meditating more on what God wants from me.

Take care and God bless you all

Alliosn (faithwalk)

God doesn't just want more from you. He also wants you to do more for Him. He will give you as much as you can handle and the closer you get to Him, the closer you will want to be to Him.

Guest lovinghim4ever

John 16:13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority; but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come."

John 14:16

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

John 16:13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority; but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come."

John 14:16

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

The Holy Spirit is NOT always 'gentle.' The Scripture speaks of people under the influence of the Holy Spirit falling to the ground the experience is so overwhelming....and PROPHESYING ALL NIGHT!!! That is a very powerful experience.

Some folks find new and unusual experiences scarey.......

...and I seem to remember something about a "noise like a strong driving wind and tongues as of fire". :thumbsup:

Thinking about it, the Holy Spirit IS God; and we are to have a healthy fear of the Lord. Evenso, being in the Presence of God is to experience both His love and His awesome power.

:thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

:emot-handshake::)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I've seen people speak in tongues and sing in tongues. Can someone write in tongues? Can they not write down what they are saying so as to edify the rest of us who aren't gifted with this gift?