Depression From Unanswered prayer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

:emot-hug: Does anyone out there know how to keep on serving God with the right attitudes when unanswered prayers torment you daily? I cry out to God regularly for healings for me and my loved ones. Yet the illnesses persist. Same is true of the spiritual, emotional and other problems in our family. I want to be used of God on this earth yet all these obstacles block the way. And this has been nonstop for over a year now! My world which once made sense has been turned upside down! I long for the Rapture or death because living this way is too much. Please, please pray for us.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I think you'll find it a whole lot easier to face these torments when you realize that God always answers prayer. The problem occurs when you want Him to answer it your way instead of His...

Trust in the Lord and believe, He will not forsake you...

Guest LadyC

i have to agree with senerhu on this. we tend to expect, and even to demand, that God answer our prayers OUR way, and on OUR timetable, instead of praying for HIS will to be done and for the grace and strength to abide by His will, even when we don't understand it.

i understand your frustration, believe me. i'm a control freak to some extent. do you know how long i have prayed for my husband to get clean of his meth addiction and once again be a good husband to me? sometimes it seemed that God was never going to answer. but the fact is, i was so insistent that God work within my timeframe and my preconceived notions of how it should be done, that i kept interfering with the work God was trying to do in my husband's life. i finally, FINALLY quit praying for things to go as i wanted them to go, and just broke down and said "whatever it takes, God, just bring Him back to you, because he'll never get this monkey off his back without you." for the record, he's clean now. but he still hasn't submitted his life fully to God, so i don't know how long he will stay clean.

the point is, i had to come to the point where i was willing to accept whatever hardship might be imposed on MY life. i wanted him clean on MY terms.... 'don't let him get injured, or get fired, or anything that might have a drastic impact on our financial security'. God doesn't work that way.

now i don't know what it is standing between God and your prayers. it may be something quite simple, such as God is putting you all through this in order to glorify Him more in the end. perhaps whatever these things are, these illnesses and such, are for the purpose of strengthening the faith of those involved, or for providing one of you with an incredible testimony that may lead others to Christ down the road.

and there is also the possibility that God is calling someone home, and the healing will not take place here on earth.

we see only a little bitty picture.... it's like being in your car going thru the drive-thru carwash. all you can see is the water and chemicals raining down. but God is on the outside looking in... He sees the bigger picture. He knows what He is doing because He can see where you've been, and where you're going.

have you read the book of Job lately? perhaps that man's story can be an inspiration to you. in the meantime, i'll be praying for you and your family.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  241
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  04/27/1962

I will be praying for you.

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  9,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

God can help you through anything...praying :huh:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Please read Madam Guyon.

God can help you through anything...praying :)

Thanks Shanee. That means a lot. Newest thing is I have an injury of my right hand and wrist. Very painful and disabling. One of my children has total numbness in the left arm! Your prayers will be a real help. God bless. :24:

God can help you through anything...praying :)

Thanks Shanee. That means a lot. Newest thing is I have an injury of my right hand and wrist. Very painful and disabling. One of my children has total numbness in the left arm! Your prayers will be a real help. God bless. :24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/08/1950

GOD answers every prayer. sometimes the answer is no or in MY OWN TIME. we have to wait and be patient. when we surrender to HIS WILL, amazing things will happen. trust that he will hear your prayer and answer that prayer but in HIS OWN TIME. jim

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I am recommending you to read the book (it's a fast read) "The Fourth Dimension" by Dr. Yonggi Cho. It will teach you about powerful prayer. You will get your answers! God bless!