chrisb

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

They believe in the bible as far as it has it been translated properly. In other words, if their beliefs contradict (e.g There is only one God) they go to their other books for their truth. The books include The Book of Mormon and the D&C.

The story goes their Joseph Smith went to the Lord in prayer asking what denomination of Christianity he should join. The Lord replied "none because they are all an abomination to the Lord". See

***Link deleted***

and read from 18 onwards

For this reason Mormons never used to regard themselves as Christians. They may claim that now. Within the church they are still very anti the other denominations.

Knowing personally their beliefs I would not claim them as Christians

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

I know they have their false book and all, but will they be in heaven? If they accept Jesus Christ as their Savior will they be there with us?

In answer to your question all that is needed is underlined and in bold above. Having done that all will then follow including their mistaken beliefs....

I sincerely hope that you are right, GeneV.

Having studied the mormon religion over several years, it is obvious that their worship is very closely related to the worship of Quetzalcoatl - the 'feathered serpent' who supposedly came to the central and south Americas many centuries ago.

We are warned to beware of false 'christs' :thumbsup:

Yes you are right Stephen, I still think your sig says it all! :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,840
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

I know they have their false book and all, but will they be in heaven? If they accept Jesus Christ as their Savior will they be there with us?

In answer to your question all that is needed is underlined and in bold above. Having done that all will then follow including their mistaken beliefs....

I sincerely hope that you are right, GeneV.

Having studied the mormon religion over several years, it is obvious that their worship is very closely related to the worship of Quetzalcoatl - the 'feathered serpent' who supposedly came to the central and south Americas many centuries ago.

We are warned to beware of false 'christs' :)

Yes you are right Stephen, I still think your sig says it all! :P

I think so too, Gene :b:

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. I don't know a whole lot about their religion. I would like to find a good un-biased book about what they believe.

I don't think it is possible to have an unbiased book about their beliefs, and I doubt you would want one. What you want is a book which is accurate it describing their beliefs, a book that is true. Truth is a bias, bias can be good. No rational person would look at a presentation of their beliefs and think that there was anything there worth pursuing, in my, biased opinion.

So, why are there so many Mormons, how did it spread if it is so out of wack?

People come to Mormonism two ways, they are raised in it, or they are converted to it. People can be raised to believe anything, so there is not great mystery there. Why do people convert to Mormonism? Mormonism is sold without full disclosure. The Mormon "Church" is big on morality, family values, and religious observance, nd this appeals to many people. When Mormons talk to people about their faith, they do not talk about their ideas that Jesus and Satan are brothers, that God was once a man, and that there are other Gods above God. They do not tell you that a good Mormon males, will be a God one day himself, and that if he chooses, he can call his earthly wife to be with him, as Adam and Eve were, on another planet, patriarchs of a new family. Most people would immediately reject these ideas. They won't tell you about the special underwear they wear. There is just an awful lot, that they will not tell you. You would think that once a convert learned of these things, they would leave, but by the time they do, they are entrenched and emotionally bonded to their Mormon Church and family. Indeed, many Mormons are not aware of these official positions of their church. If you tell them, they won't believe you, if you show them from official church documents, it upsets them.

By an large, Mormons are pillars of society, living exemplary lives. They are sincere people, who are, unfortunately, sincerely wrong. They do not believe in Jesus as the unique Son of God, and God the Son, who died on the cross for forgiveness of your sins, but instead, believe that you earn your own way to Godhood, by your actions in this life. Those that believe such things, are not partakers of God's grace, and are instead, calling God a liar in essence.

They are souls, for whom Christ died, and they need our prayers more than they need our condemnation.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  720
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

Thanks for the info. I don't know a whole lot about their religion. I would like to find a good un-biased book about what they believe.

They are souls, for whom Christ died, and they need our prayers more than they need our condemnation.

Nicely put sir :th_praying:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I don't think it is possible to have an unbiased book about their beliefs, and I doubt you would want one. What you want is a book which is accurate it describing their beliefs, a book that is true. Truth is a bias, bias can be good. No rational person would look at a presentation of their beliefs and think that there was anything there worth pursuing, in my, biased opinion.

So, why are there so many Mormons, how did it spread if it is so out of wack?

People come to Mormonism two ways, they are raised in it, or they are converted to it. People can be raised to believe anything, so there is not great mystery there. Why do people convert to Mormonism? Mormonism is sold without full disclosure. The Mormon "Church" is big on morality, family values, and religious observance, nd this appeals to many people. When Mormons talk to people about their faith, they do not talk about their ideas that Jesus and Satan are brothers, that God was once a man, and that there are other Gods above God. They do not tell you that a good Mormon males, will be a God one day himself, and that if he chooses, he can call his earthly wife to be with him, as Adam and Eve were, on another planet, patriarchs of a new family. Most people would immediately reject these ideas. They won't tell you about the special underwear they wear. There is just an awful lot, that they will not tell you. You would think that once a convert learned of these things, they would leave, but by the time they do, they are entrenched and emotionally bonded to their Mormon Church and family. Indeed, many Mormons are not aware of these official positions of their church. If you tell them, they won't believe you, if you show them from official church documents, it upsets them.

By an large, Mormons are pillars of society, living exemplary lives. They are sincere people, who are, unfortunately, sincerely wrong. They do not believe in Jesus as the unique Son of God, and God the Son, who died on the cross for forgiveness of your sins, but instead, believe that you earn your own way to Godhood, by your actions in this life. Those that believe such things, are not partakers of God's grace, and are instead, calling God a liar in essence.

Amen Mega....I used to work with a Morman, and he frequently condemned me for being a "general Christian" as he put it. I chose to pray.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,840
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Nicely put sir :th_praying:

And I second that :21:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  705
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

if they accept Christ as their saviour, then they reject the false teachings of the mormon church... including that we are all "mini-gods", and including that God had sexual relations with goddesses, or humans, or whatever it is they teach. they would have to reject anything unbiblical, which means they would have to reject the very tenets of mormonism itself.

i've never met a mormon who has rejected those falsehoods, have you? i've met many FORMER mormons that did.... and who are saved... but practicing mormons are not Christians. the "christ" they accept is NOT who Christ is. it is a false god.

Very True LadyC. :24:

Carol R :emot-hug:

:24:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 3:16

:emot-hug:

Nicely put sir :emot-hug:
And I second that :24:

:24:

Praise The Lord.

:o

And They Are Coming Out Of Her.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Revelation 18:4

I Deeply Love The Morman Folk.

The Heart Breaker For Me Is That The Church Leadership Here And In All Man Based Churches Know The Truth But Refuse To Turn To Jesus Christ And Insist On Teaching Lies.

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1 Corinthians 2:2

Many Times This Is Just Because Of The Earthly Wealth And Power They Would Lose.

For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Matthew 16:26

You May See This In Many "Church" Leaderships.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Ephesians 2:8

Leaderships Which Replace The Lord Jesus Christ And His Work Of Redemption With Their Own Man Made Or Demon Inspired Doctrines And Traditions.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2 Timothy 4:3-4

:)

Unless God Breaks You Heart For These Folk I Would Advise You Not To Study Their False Beliefs.

You And I Need To Deeply Drink In The Bible And To Pray Without Ceasing And To Abide In The Lord Jesus Alway.

He Will Move You Toward The Harvest He Wants You In - Even If It Takes Years.

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Psalms 119:11

:o

Be Blessed Beloved Of The LORD

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

The story goes their Joseph Smith went to the Lord in prayer asking what denomination of Christianity he should join. The Lord replied "none because they are all an abomination to the Lord".

LOL! The item above reminds me of several of our egalitarian posters here!

sw