nebula

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The post by Shiloh is one of the more blaring examples of the problem. That post is carrying on his/her agenda that I have seen all over this board for some time. It has nothing to do with your post or question.

:D

Shiloh, unless I am wrong, Nebula's post is directed to the people of this board. Your post (and correct me if I am wrong) is posted more about the world at large.

Maybe I am wrong, but since I first started reading the posts on this board I have not read anyone that would diserve the accusactions of the things you posted.

{It is because of pride. A lot of liberals, do not care a whit about the suffering people of the world unless they can exploit their suffering as weapon against the countries they hate like America and Israel.}

Who on this board diserves this statement.

If I am wrong and you really do mean things like this to be said to the people on this board, shame on you.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I do agree that we should pray for each other - but if we do not come together in the presence of the Lord, how will we ever reach unity? On our own? With our own strength? Apart from Him?

we keep trying. That's all we can do.

There won't be real unity this side of heaven as long as humans are involved.

However, I still don't think you should take it personally. Lots of folks are here on the Boards because it is a safe place to sound off. We don't spend time on threads where everyone is already saying everything we believe. We tend to gravitate towards conversations that challenge us. It's just the nature of the discussion forum to do that.

So there will always be opposing views on every subject or there's no reason for a discussion, ya know?

And when "our" position on things is forcefully engaged human nature is to get defensive. We don't need to change our opinions as much as we need to let God change our human nature.....so we can accept whatever the truth may be and not worry about being seen as "wrong".

I'm pretty stubborn once I've convinced of knowing an issue. I wouldn't argue about something that I haven't thoroughly researched...or can't be proven (rapture, antichrist, etc...)

I appreciate hearing opposing views....I really do. The only time I get upset is when those opposing views have no basis in fact. It only frustrates me then....

I consider Shilo a friend in the quest for truth. However, he gets frustrated and defensive when the "other side" disregards his research for facts and settles for opinions presented as news stories. He'll get defensive because, unlike eschatology or word studies, this IS a matter of life or death.

My friend from Canada on the other is extremely polite and gets his digs in a more subtle way. I believe he's dead wrong on the substance of these issues but he is at least respectful...and I commend him for that.

There is such a wide gulf on such an important subject that it's just not realistic to think we can pray together unless we can separate ourselves from this very personal and passionate issue. I think I can but it's hard sometimes. I see a couple of folks justifying the violent deaths of people I love.

The think they see the same thing in me and there's no way to convince otherwise.

We'll get this worked out with time...and a rapture. :D

:il:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I do agree that we should pray for each other - but if we do not come together in the presence of the Lord, how will we ever reach unity? On our own? With our own strength? Apart from Him?

we keep trying. That's all we can do.

There won't be real unity this side of heaven as long as humans are involved.

However, I still don't think you should take it personally. Lots of folks are here on the Boards because it is a safe place to sound off. We don't spend time on threads where everyone is already saying everything we believe. We tend to gravitate towards conversations that challenge us. It's just the nature of the discussion forum to do that.

So there will always be opposing views on every subject or there's no reason for a discussion, ya know?

And when "our" position on things is forcefully engaged human nature is to get defensive. We don't need to change our opinions as much as we need to let God change our human nature.....so we can accept whatever the truth may be and not worry about being seen as "wrong".

I'm pretty stubborn once I've convinced of knowing an issue. I wouldn't argue about something that I haven't thoroughly researched...or can't be proven (rapture, antichrist, etc...)

I appreciate hearing opposing views....I really do. The only time I get upset is when those opposing views have no basis in fact. It only frustrates me then....

I consider Shilo a friend in the quest for truth. However, he gets frustrated and defensive when the "other side" disregards his research for facts and settles for opinions presented as news stories. He'll get defensive because, unlike eschatology or word studies, this IS a matter of life or death.

My friend from Canada on the other is extremely polite and gets his digs in a more subtle way. I believe he's dead wrong on the substance of these issues but he is at least respectful...and I commend him for that.

There is such a wide gulf on such an important subject that it's just not realistic to think we can pray together unless we can separate ourselves from this very personal and passionate issue. I think I can but it's hard sometimes. I see a couple of folks justifying the violent deaths of people I love.

The think they see the same thing in me and there's no way to convince otherwise.

We'll get this worked out with time...and a rapture. :D

:il:

Good post for the most part, yod.

I just have trouble with this statement:

Who gets to decide whose facts are legitimate and whose aren't? When 'facts' get presented by the opposition they are discredited as propaganda, spin or whatever. Sometimes the gulf is so wide it seems we can't even agree on what makes a fact a fact. If you agree with it it is a fact, if not than it must not be a fact.

Personally for me, I enjoy a decent debate, iron sharpens iron, I am challenged by it. But I also like to think we can be like the sheepdog and the coyote in the old cartoon that punched in in the morning, went round and round, then punched out and went out for a burger. Anyone remember that cartoon???

I don't get offended by someone presenting an opposing view, I think it is quite interesting and stretches me, especially trying to get into the pscychology and logic of the other side, because I honestly am not wired to think the same way as some do.

I do get offended when someone begins making character smears instead of sticking with the issues. Do you think that by discrediting someone's character, that makes their argument invalid?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Ever notice how few posts get responded to in the "Prayer" section?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Good post, catsmeow, you got heart, sister.

As for me, my prayer list in realtime is loooong, endless. On the boards, I pray for those who I feel moved by the Spirit to pray for, but frankly I don't have time to pray for everyone. I don't even spend much time on the computer, I have lots else going on in my life. I tend to come here more as a Bible study. I realize many have different needs, I'm just stating where I'm at.

We all love you Cats...and we are all praying. You are an inspiration!

One Accord writes:

Who gets to decide whose facts are legitimate and whose aren't? When 'facts' get presented by the opposition they are discredited as propaganda, spin or whatever. Sometimes the gulf is so wide it seems we can't even agree on what makes a fact a fact. If you agree with it it is a fact, if not than it must not be a fact.

Some things are provable fact, sister. 2 + 2 = 4 for instance....but when 2+2=5 then we have discussions based on opinions. Nothing wrong with that.

However, you may not realize it but Arab nations have been hiring American PR firms for decades. Israel is way behind on that game.

So a lot of what is reported as "news" is only unsubstantiated opinions. We've got to be able to look at hard data and deduce what is factual from what is opinion. Many times opinions give a factual observation but even that has to be considered in the light of bias.

We can listen to what the opposing sides say and assume that they both have pure motives for their reports.....or we can demand hard facts and decide for ourselves. That is how I come to my conclusions. I've been to Israel twice. I've been through the Bethlehem checkpoints. I've got friends on both sides of the issue giving me their views. I've talked with desparate Palestinians and I've talked with jews who hate them.

Somewhere in the middle is the truth. I have at least made a VERY conscious effort to hear both sides before coming to my comclusions. Every answer I have arrived at can change when the facts change. So far, I haven't been challenged with facts in the conversations here. I only get challenged by opinions which, however sincere, are not supported by facts or holy writ.

So....I'll keep watch and make sure that those opinions don't get much influence here without a serious challenge. It might be abrasive at times but it is my duty as a believer to uncover the works of darkness.

Even when those spreading propoganda don't realize how they are being used.

You have the right to disagree and I welcome the challenge. Now let's see some facts and scipture to support that....

Now everyone back to your corner...and when the bell rings come out swinging~~!

I do get offended when someone begins making character smears instead of sticking with the issues. Do you think that by discrediting someone's character, that makes their argument invalid?

No. I agree that the tone gets out of hand here sometimes. Again, these are life and death disagreements we have and passions get inflamed.

We would do well to discuss these things in the realm of provable facts. It would reduce the amount of frustration and defensiveness.

but another thing which would help is if we would be slow to take offense. We all have very different personalities. For instance, I love a good arguement but Nebula takes it personally. I don't mind someone characterizing me as "ignorant" if they can prove it. To some people that is name-calling and reason for offense.

You girls are sooo emotional sometimes that you don't realize that boys like to fight. We'll try to clean it up when the ladies get upset but our natural disposition is a bit more "in your face" opposition. Forgive us for our hardwire, ok?

I honestly have no hard feelings toward anyone here. Disgust maybe...hatred never!

:t:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Good post, catsmeow, you got heart, sister.

As for me, my prayer list in realtime is loooong, endless. On the boards, I pray for those who I feel moved by the Spirit to pray for, but frankly I don't have time to pray for everyone. I don't even spend much time on the computer, I have lots else going on in my life. I tend to come here more as a Bible study. I realize many have different needs, I'm just stating where I'm at.

I've learned so much from people on this message board. I'll never forget, OA...you were the one who taught me how we're all on level ground at the foot of the Cross....

I've never forgotten your words and they've stayed with me continually. It's puts everything in perspective....and it's very humbling.

I think Satan hates us so much, he delights in magnifying our weakeness and inadequacies so he can bash us down into the ground.

But sometimes I catch a glimpse of the beauty of the Holy Spirit and I can see through His eyes and how He sees His Church...

While we are imperfect, yet we are treasured and cherished. Just as we cherish a helpless infant who can give us nothing in return ...still we look upon the babe with parental adoration.

I believe sometimes God looks upon us, with all our flaws and shortcomings yet with the same tenderness and love we have when we gaze upon our own infants....

BTW...(side note) I'm typing on the computer and my hubby is listening to D James Kennedy and the choir is singing, "Holy, Holy, Holy..." and my husband (who hates to sing) is in there singing his little heart out .... *(Yes! :D )

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hello all :il:

Catsmeow :D

People really are praying. Those that do are probably the same kind of people who hide in their closet and do it privately. They don't announce it to the world. These are quiet, humble people you'll never know about ...you won't know what they're doing because they're not calling attention to themselves.

Oh Sister what a beautiful paragraph :t: Its dripping in truth :il:

Ever notice how few posts get responded to in the "Prayer" section? Go one step further .... Ever notice how few views the prayer requests get?

What if some people upon entering worthy boards run the "View new posts" search feature and can see that Sister X is making a prayer request?

What if some people believe that God knows what is being requested and they do not need to know? What if they pray to God something like this?

Dear God my dear Sister X has made a prayer request you know all things I pray that if her request is pleasing to you that your will help her in her need. I ask this through Jesus who died for me and is now at your right hand. Your will be done.

Things are not as they seem sometimes.

All praise The Ancient Of Days

Guest shiloh357
Shiloh, unless I am wrong, Nebula's post is directed to the people of this board. Your post (and correct me if I am wrong) is posted more about the world at large.

Maybe I am wrong, but since I first started reading the posts on this board I have not read anyone that would diserve the accusactions of the things you posted.

{It is because of pride. A lot of liberals, do not care a whit about the suffering people of the world unless they can exploit their suffering as weapon against the countries they hate like America and Israel.}

Who on this board diserves this statement.

If I am wrong and you really do mean things like this to be said to the people on this board, shame on you.

When did you first start reading? How long before you started posting did you start reading? I am asking because I am curious how familiar you are with the history.

I am not and will not pretend to be a lily white poster. I have, at times, let my emotions get in the way, and have posted some harsh words. I freely admit that. I am not proud of it, but that is just the plain truth. I have had to eat crow a few times, because I said things the wrong way and not in the proper spirit.

Let me explain a few things, so you can see where I am coming from. I am Jewish after the flesh. I am a believer in Yeshua/Jesus, and have been since I was eighteen. I am 37 now.

I was drawn to this board because of a petition George had going concerning support for Israel. I am a Zionist, and therefore, I naturally signed the petition. I looked and found the forums dealing with the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. I have been posting in that forum and a few others since last August. In the short time I have been on this board I have seen coming from certain posters, on a rather consistent basis, a lot of anti-Semitic rhetoric, and misinformation. I have for the last 14 years made it my business and my life's work to combat the distortions presented by the mainstream media which has become bloated with Arab distortions regarding the conlfict and its history, not to mention the history of the region itself.

There are some on this board who regularly malign Israel and those that support Israel has racist. Some have bought into the idea that Zionism is racism, and thus my support for Israel is based up my "racist/Nazi leanings." Such things are dangerous, and cannot go unanswered. Anti-Semitism is something that cannot be allowed to grow and flourish. It must be confronted unapollogetically, and courageously. I am in a minority in this world. I am a Jew (a minority), I am a Jewish believer (a minority among Jews), and I am a Jewish believer who is a Zionist (A minority among the Jews and the Church).

Just so you know what I mean by "anti-Semitism," it is not anti-Semitic to criticize Israel. It is anti-Semitic to single Israel out as the greatest human rights violator in the Middle East, and the world, when we know that her enemies are far, far, worse. That is unfair, and it is unChristian. Certain posters refuse to condemn terrorism against Israel but are quick to jump on the "we hate Israel" bandwagon, if Israel messes up once. They apply doublestandards, and unrealistic standards upon Israel, that no nation could live up to. They condemn Israel while hiding behind "loving your enemies" as their justification for claiming that Israel is wrong and racist. You see, to them, Israel is not "loving their enemies" when they respond to terrorism, but for some reason the Arabs are not accused of not "loving their enemies" when they perpetrate terrorism in the first place.I have pointed out the glaring inconsistency more than once, and the same people just go silent, or wait until the subject changes.

As regards my post that you found so objectionable:

My point was that some people get on this board of which is made up of 90% Americans, have the nerve to shove their anti-US, anti-Israel hate propaganda, in the guise of caring about people that they didn't give a whit about when they were being tortured and maimed and murdered under Arafat's and Saddam's regime. After these people have maligned my country, my support for my President, and have also accused me, and my Jewish people for being racist simply because they defending themselves against vicious terrorists, I have no sympathy for them when they are "offended" at me. Nothing I said in that post compares with what was said about my country and my President in the war on terrorism thread.

They get on this board and spin all kinds of ridiculous conspiracy theories about oil, and unfairly malign our President who is doing EXACTLY what he was elected to do, and that is to protect the American people. It is not his job to protect the Iraqi people, his job is to protect the American people. He has, and is doing his job. From what I have seen from some on this board, it is becoming a thankless job.

I feel for the Iraqis and I always have. I feel great compassion for ALL the Arabs of the Middle East, because of the kind of terror and filth they live under. I have been studying the Middle East for over 14 years. The more I learn about what the Arabs are living under, the more I realize how much they need Christ. This is not hidden to the world. One does not need to go the moon to understand and know what is going on. One does have to care enough to find out though.

My post was directed that disingenuousness I see. Some people don't seem to care for the suffering of the Palestinians, for example, when it is other Palestinians that are causing it. They DO care about it whenever they think they can pin something on Israel. They write books and shout it from the roof tops. It is a selective compassion that I see. The same thing applies to what I see occurring in Iraq. A lot of people, and not just the ones on this board, rise up in anger at the US for being over there and claim that we are somehow hurting the Iraqis. They did not get all worked up when Saddam Hussein was the source of their suffering. No one was offering to be human shields against Hussein's henchmen to protect anyone. Only when the US decided to put an end to that madness once and for all, did people start talking about the poor mistreated Iraqis, and offer to put their own bodies in the way of approaching American troops. (Of course, when they got there, the Iraqi folks told them that they wanted the Americans to come. Something that shocked the liberal establishment.)

As far as the business about private prayer is concerned. I have no problem with someone who prefers doing that, over posting a prayer in the thread, if that is really how they do things. That, in itself, was not the issue. It just seemed odd at first, that people so vocal about love, compassion, who seemed so "concerned" about what was happening to the Iraqis, and who seemed so concerned about the US presence in Iraq, would suddenly lose their voice when called upon to pray about it. They are not at a loss for words any other time.

I post the truth as I see it, and I do not apologize for it.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I want to pray for all of us here on this board. My heart goes out to God in a form of request for Him to bring us all together in His Mercy. No more arguments, or heated discussions. No more pain. Let those that enjoy their freedoms continue to enjoy them without thought of having to worry about how it came to them, for it ALL comes from one loving hand. Let those who seek to hammer out those freedoms and build a wall of protection around all of humanity follow not their hearts, but the heart of God Himself. Guide us, Lord, in all we do and let us communicate with each other in Your Spirit.

Father, we know that we will all come together in that Blessed Day, but we ask that you help us through until that Wonderful time.

Watch my tongue, that takes breath and turns it to fire.

Watch my hands, which so easily destroy those things you have made.

Watch my ears, they receive evil sounds.

Watch my feet, which carry me to sin.

Watch my heart most of all, which moves me in all directions. Let it move me to you.

Amen, and Amen.

We can do this, folks.

We can speak to God AND each other in a way that is pleasing to Him. Say a prayer before EVERY keystroke, if that's what it takes!

In Him,

t.

PS- OneAccord, wanna fight??? :oww: