IGNORED

Hedged In, but not Hopeless.

The Lord had been very good to me over the last few years after He led me out of the drug lifestyle and all that goes with it. I'm grateful for that, and many other things. Lately though, I've been having a major problem with the way my life is going.

On the positive side, I've been clean and sober for over six years and employed at the same company for five of those years. The problem I'm having is that while in many ways things are good -- in some ways things aren't good and they are not improving. That's got me concerned.

While I have a job and a place to live, life is paycheck-to-paycheck. I've cut expenses as far as possible. The only thing left is to "turn off" the groceries, or the rent. That's not going to happen. I know the Lord is up to something but I have no idea what, and I am concerned that I may not be doing enough in the way of looking for options. I've looked for other careers and nothing seems to fit -- the few that did have had the doors firmly slammed shut.

I'm still deeply in debt and can't afford a car, so my options are really limited right now. Frankly, I want out of debt and don't believe that the Lord wants us to live that way. At the same time I can't seem to find a way to increase my income so some of the financial "debris field" from the past can be cleaned up. This has gone on for 5 years and there's no end in sight. The last time I thought I saw light at the end of the tunnel -- it really was a train (in the form of a wage garnishment.)

Giving up is not an option, but its starting to feel like I'm not doing enough to find other work and I could use some encouragement from the Word of God. And a few ideas -- I am not usually inclined to do something stupid, but sometimes you've got to try something even if it does go wrong.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

I can understand a little how you feel. I have a dead-end job and a college debt that just keeps getting bigger. On top of that I just lost most of my savings to a useless trip, so the setbacks are getting worse. My boyfriend and I had to break up though we still loved each other on top of that, and I will be losing my health insurance soon as well.

Life throws you some pretty bad cards sometimes, but the real character of a person is shown by what we do with what we have.

I'd say the answer is to just get creative. Think of new ways to make money or new ways to catch the attention of the managers in those good jobs. Not to mention besides a steady job there is also odd jobs as well. Do you have any special talents that you could use to sell things, or a special talent you can offer on your own? Myself, I'm going to try selling my art and taking commissions on top of my regular work. I'm fairly good at writing so I am writing a book in my spare time. Also, I'm gathering wild catnip around the area and plan on selling it fresh and things like that. Catnip is something you can get free in any forest, so I'm using a natural resource to make money. Be creative and try to think of any way possible to make money...it's those little things that add up.

Most importantly don't lose hope. Things may seem bleak now, but if you give up hope it will only get worse. Keep your hope and keep moving forward. If you stop moving forward you might be pushed backward from the current against you so keep on. The current may be strong now but soon it could be going your way and making your trek easier.

Above all else keep your relationship with God at the forefront. A healthy relationship with God helps everything else in life heal as well. Keep praying, and I will pray for you too.