IGNORED

The Seven Year Tribulation....Is it Biblical?

Kenna Frye

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

Whoa, be careful with the Charasmatic word, even if you've left it, because there are plenty of people around here who like to start taking cheap shots any time the word "Charasmatic" or "Pentecostal" comes up. They live for it. :whistling:

I did say "cult-like faction" indicating there is more than one type of Charasmatic church and not all are in the same faction as the one I grew up in. Also, I have never known of a Trinitarian Pentecostal church that could be considered cultic in any way.

I respected you enough to keep a promise and get back with you; please show the same curtesy to me by respecting my wishes to not engage you in a debate over it because of my promise to God, and more of this is expounded on in my post to exrocker.

Not trying to debate at all, seriously. Be blessed.

Eddie. . .

Thank you.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you insist on provoking this fiery rabbit, then discount the sufferings of our brothers and sisters by telling me the 5th seal has not been opened, but I don't think it is wise.

What leads you to believe the 5th seal has been broken?

I'm not saying it hasn't.

Just want to hear your take on it.

I used to know the numbers, but I don't anymore, but what I do know is the scores of our brothers and sisters who have been tortured and slaughtered for the faith is staggering. I have talked to many people who discount this and treat it as being trivial since it's not happening where we are.

When do you believe the seal was opened?

I don't need an exact date.......within a hundred years.....give or take.

Just so you know......I'm not doubting you.....just curious is all.

If you insist on provoking this fiery rabbit, then discount the sufferings of our brothers and sisters by telling me the 5th seal has not been opened, but I don't think it is wise.

I used to know the numbers, but I don't anymore, but what I do know is the scores of our brothers and sisters who have been tortured and slaughtered for the faith is staggering. I have talked to many people who discount this and treat it as being trivial since it's not happening where we are.

Trust me, I'm not taking offense. I may have red hair and am very passionate, but you don't have to tip-toe. Questions are good and so is a reasonable discussion, blasting me with an arguement and scriptures when I gave a good reason to not want to debate is not.

I believe the seals were opened fairly rapidly, (I apologize, but I don't have my Bible in front of me) and wars, famine, persecution, plagues, etc. broke out close to 2,000 years ago. Admittedly, things did get much worse as 48% of all martyred Christians were during the time of Communism, and the numbers keep piling in both Muslim and Communist countries. I really can't say when the 5th seal was opened, but I believe it was during the Roman persecutions. I would not be opposed to looking at Communism as the opening of this seal, but I don't think it was.

Trust me, I'm not taking offense. I may have red hair and am very passionate, but you don't have to tip-toe. Questions are good and so is a reasonable discussion, blasting me with an arguement and scriptures when I gave a good reason to not want to debate is not.

I believe the seals were opened fairly rapidly, (I apologize, but I don't have my Bible in front of me) and wars, famine, persecution, plagues, etc. broke out close to 2,000 years ago. Admittedly, things did get much worse as 48% of all martyred Christians were during the time of Communism, and the numbers keep piling in both Muslim and Communist countries. I really can't say when the 5th seal was opened, but I believe it was during the Roman persecutions. I would not be opposed to looking at Communism as the opening of this seal, but I don't think it was.

Ok.

Thanks.

Guest shiloh357
Ezekiel is a very esoteric book, and Biblical scholars have a hard time with it. I cannot debate something I have no understanding of, and neither can anyone else.

It is not really all that "esoteric." Ezekiel chapters 40-49 deliniate the building of a temple that has not been built yet. The problem is that it is not written in esoteric/mystical language. It is written in very detailed, literal terminology. There is no room for a figurative, metaphorical, type of interpretation because the text does not allow for it.

The Temple in Ezekiel will be the 4th temple, really. The anti-Christ will defile the 3rd temple. The 4th temple described in Ezekiel will be during the 1,000 year millennium culminating in the restoration of the Kingdom to Israel as promised by God through His promise.

The temple in Ezekiel is where Messiah will reign and rule on the earth upon the throne of David during the Millennium/Messianic Kingdom. There will be sacrifices according to Ezekiel, and these will be done while the Messiah is sitting in the temple Himself. They will not be according to the Levitical system, but they will be carried out by Levitical priests.

The reason that scholars have a hard time with Ezekiel, especially the last nine chapters, is because it flies in the face of conventional Christian thought which states that the sacrifices are anti-thetical to the New Testament faith, and this simply not true. The problem lies with the scholars, not the book of Ezekiel. When the "scholars" decide to beleive the Bible, then it will not seem so difficult.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

This is a study that I have been working on for quite a while and I think it will shed some light on a lot of confusion. God Bless.

The Seven Year Tribulation....Is it biblical?

No the words "seven years of tribulation" can not be found written in sequence any where in the bible.

Even the bible says that the antichrist will bring peace to the world and speak as a lamb when he comes. So if the antichrist brings peace to the world and he will rule in human form for seven years how then can there be seven years of "tribulation"?

The fact of the matter is that for the world the will be peace when he comes. But for the those who believe in Christ there will be tribulation.

Ezekiel is a very esoteric book, and Biblical scholars have a hard time with it. I cannot debate something I have no understanding of, and neither can anyone else.

It is not really all that "esoteric." Ezekiel chapters 40-49 deliniate the building of a temple that has not been built yet. The problem is that it is not written in esoteric/mystical language. It is written in very detailed, literal terminology. There is no room for a figurative, metaphorical, type of interpretation because the text does not allow for it.

The Temple in Ezekiel will be the 4th temple, really. The anti-Christ will defile the 3rd temple. The 4th temple described in Ezekiel will be during the 1,000 year millennium culminating in the restoration of the Kingdom to Israel as promised by God through His promise.

The temple in Ezekiel is where Messiah will reign and rule on the earth upon the throne of David during the Millennium/Messianic Kingdom. There will be sacrifices according to Ezekiel, and these will be done while the Messiah is sitting in the temple Himself. They will not be according to the Levitical system, but they will be carried out by Levitical priests.

The reason that scholars have a hard time with Ezekiel, especially the last nine chapters, is because it flies in the face of conventional Christian thought which states that the sacrifices are anti-thetical to the New Testament faith, and this simply not true. The problem lies with the scholars, not the book of Ezekiel. When the "scholars" decide to beleive the Bible, then it will not seem so difficult.

Thanks, Shiloh. I was leaning in the direction of most of what you had said. I just didn't want to debate it and have people tell me I'm not translating it literally, or some such. In other words, if I ignore it, they will go away. :noidea:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

So if the antichrist brings peace to the world and he will rule in human form for seven years how then can there be seven years of "tribulation"?

There will be 3 1/2 years of what seems to be peace (world view) and then its open war for the remaining 3 1/2 years.

Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. 6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. 7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

But during his seven year reign, for the saints there will be no peace. After all the true saints will stand up and speak the truth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Perhaps we could review all the scriptures everyone feels addresses the 7 year tribulation. I think it would be helpful to get each other's input on each verse.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

shiloh, why would the messiah sit in the temple and have sacrifices going on? He is the sacrafice,