• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  214
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/01/1963

Hey, wasn't this suppose to be about guns? :emot-shakehead:

and since when did any thread on worthy stick to the original post :emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug:

this like the 3rd thread ive been posting on and the subjects have been changed at least 3 times already thats why i get a good laugh when i read the posts because if ya skip some you miss the subtle change in topic and all of a sudden wham it changes again.......i forgot you need to add a machette, tomahawk, and my canes to my arsenal :24::24::24::th_wave: .........oak

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,879
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Hey, wasn't this suppose to be about guns? :thumbsup:

and since when did any thread on worthy stick to the original post ;):P:21::21:

Hey, wasn't this suppose to be about guns? :cool:

and since when did any thread on worthy stick to the original post ;):21::21::21:

this like the 3rd thread ive been posting on and the subjects have been changed at least 3 times already thats why i get a good laugh when i read the posts because if ya skip some you miss the subtle change in topic and all of a sudden wham it changes again.......i forgot you need to add a machette, tomahawk, and my canes to my arsenal :24::24::24::cool: .........oak

:24:

Ain't got no problem with people changing the OP's intentions.

Happens all the time here on WB :emot-hug: (it's one of the things I love about this forum....the 'cuckoos take over.....:24::24:

Thanks, though, to all who responded. I have just been catching up with the posts after returning from work all week, and I must say, I can see the point of those who say that if law-abiding citizens all carried guns, there would certainly be a drastic drop in crime.

The posts about King David also made me think :cool:

But, since not all law-abiding citizens carry guns in this country...........in fact they are VERY scarce.....

I don't think I'd be comfortable carrying a gun myself, in case I was confronted one day with somebody of ill-intentions and I was forced to use it (or used it as a 'knee-jerk reaction)....

....and I don't want to hurt nobody. ;)

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,102
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  242
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

well if you really dont want to hurt anyone you had best leave that microwave of yours alone ...I heard you can be deadly with it :emot-hug::thumbsup::cool:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

OHHHHH LPT do tell :emot-hug:

well if you really dont want to hurt anyone you had best leave that microwave of yours alone ...I heard you can be deadly with it :thumbsup::21::noidea:

OHHHHH LPT do tell :hmmm:

You really don't want to go there :help:

LPT is a disinfo agent, who's sole purpose is to cast doubt on my microwave culinary skills.

Don't listen to a word of it :21:

(Besides, I've never had any complaints yet..........mainly because people are generally unwilling to sample my microwave cuisine.........can't think why)

(So they wouldn't know) :21:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

I own two guns, one my father and I hunted with when I was a little boy so it is a reminder to me of some very memorable times I've hunted with my dad, the other one is a hand gun that I keep for protection mainly for my wife.

But yes if in the middle of the night some one broke into my house I would have no problem shooting some one.

They have no business being there!

I feel it is my duty to protect my family!

I've just got to tell you: You know how you sometimes read something and see something else?

Well when I first read your post, I thought it said "..... that I keep for protection mainly FROM my wife".

I thought "gee he must have some scary wife", then I read it again, and I'm kind of embarrassed. :thumbsup::21:

I own two guns, one my father and I hunted with when I was a little boy so it is a reminder to me of some very memorable times I've hunted with my dad, the other one is a hand gun that I keep for protection mainly for my wife.

But yes if in the middle of the night some one broke into my house I would have no problem shooting some one.

I've just got to tell you: You know how you sometimes read something and see something else?

Well when I first read your post, I thought it said "..... that I keep for protection mainly FROM my wife".

I thought "gee he must have some scary wife", then I read it again, and I'm kind of embarrassed. :21::21:

Well.............there are some scary wives out there :noidea:

But none so scary as confronting a nightgown at 3 0'clock in the morning.

So......Marnie plugged it with two rounds, right in the heart........at the dead of night!?

Sheesh..............I'm glad I don't live in America :hmmm::thumbsup::21:

Hey, wasn't this suppose to be about guns? :thumbsup:

and since when did any thread on worthy stick to the original post :noidea::21::21::hmmm:

this like the 3rd thread ive been posting on and the subjects have been changed at least 3 times already thats why i get a good laugh when i read the posts because if ya skip some you miss the subtle change in topic and all of a sudden wham it changes again.......i forgot you need to add a machette, tomahawk, and my canes to my arsenal :help::help::help::21: .........oak

I guess I forgot that the OP was about "other weapons" as well as firearms. In that case you could say I have quite an arsenal (everybody probably has if you think about it - even you UK people who don't like firearms) as a lot of things could be used as weapons.

I have an assortment of hunting knives and "skinning" knives. Mainly because I used to work in a butchers shop and I learnt how to cut meat properly and I am a fan of the fact that you can't do a job properly unless you have the tools to do it.

I also have a couple of machetes that I used to use for cutting my way through gorse with when I had a pet goat and had to find him a new place to graze all the time.

I have two ornamental swords that are full size and pretty sharp, but not too heavy as to be no good for anything.

I keep a large pipe wrench in the cupboard in the kitchen, that could be used as a weapon if there was nothing else, and I keep a crowbar and a large jackhandle in the car, they could also be weapons.

I have quite a collection of pocket knives - mostly the "lockable blade" variety (one opens out to 8 inches long) and half of them have a little "flick" thing on them so that you can open them with one hand.

Most of the knives I have had since my childhood and some have sentimental value, that's why I still hang on to them. I got some others because I used to work in a shop that sold that sort of thing and would get "first dibs" when the salesman came in.

I also have two "pellet guns" (I never thought of them as "real" guns, but mainly toys, so I never included them in the previous discussion). One takes these litttle "waisted pellets" and is "old as the hills" but is still in good condition and I will always keep it because my father gave it to me when I was about 10. I thought of giving it to one of my kids but neither of them want it because "you can get much better ones today for not much money" (little philistines) and my daughter works in as the receptionist in a wholesalers that sells sports equipment and has "staff discount" on all sorts of things.

Then there's all the kitchen knives of various sizes and sharpnesses. And the tomahawk that I use for cutting kindling wood because the axe is too heavy to use for kindling (I never did master the art of cutting kindling with an axe or a hunting knife as my husband does, I have to have the tomahawk). So even without a second amendment we are not entirely defenceless.

I thought "gee he must have some scary wife", then I read it again, and I'm kind of embarrassed. :21::hmmm:

Well.............there are some scary wives out there :21:

But none so scary as confronting a nightgown at 3 0'clock in the morning.

So......Marnie plugged it with two rounds, right in the heart........at the dead of night!?

Sheesh..............I'm glad I don't live in America :help::21::noidea:

Do you think we should declare the American nightgown an endangered species and it could be entitled to federal protection? :thumbsup::help::help:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Not at the present moment Buck.....there are still too many nightgowns to be a threat to extinction :thumbsup: