• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/21/1990

I think one of the things that we must always keep in mind, is that, of the many ways that Jesus teaches us, teaching by example is one of them.

Just like the story im Mat 15:22, Jesus first refused for a reason, to show others how they were and how they must change.

God purposely came to us as a man so that we can relate to all the things He shows us in Jesus Christ. And as a man, Jesus taught us to pray to the Father.

God came to us as a man and died for us, because of that, we owe everything to him.

May I suggest you read John 1:1 -15. Jesus created everything as well.

Jesus is worthy of my worship.

God did not come to earth as a man, Christ came to earth as a man.

You realize that contradicts what the bible says right?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1990

The Lord Our God

"And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:"

Mark 12:29

WONDER OF WONDERS

Naming Day In Nazareth

"And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

Luke 1:26-33

Of One Long Foretold By A Long-suffering Elder

"For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:"

Job 19:25

A Special Child To Be Called The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Isaiah 9:6

Even God With Us

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

Matthew 1:23

Who We'll Stand Before As We Confess

"But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God."

Romans 14:10-12

Even Our LORD Jesus The Christ

"Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"

John 14:8-9

And Who Is The Same Yesterday, Today And Forever Amen!

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Hebrews 13:8

Jesus Who Gave Us The Holy Spirit

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:"

John 15:26

And His Father

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:"

John 17:21-22

Even The Father He Was With Before The World Was

"And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was."

John 17:5

Did Jesus pray to himself? I Think Not! Did This Help? :thumbsup:

Be Blessed Beloved Of THE LORD

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Maranatha!

Hallelujah!

Come Quickly Lord Jesus Come Quickly!

Thank You For Answered Prayer

Teach Me To Pray

In Jesus

Love, Your Joe

Just like you Jesus followers thought he was the God but Jesus himself always said that he was sent from God. People only relate to what they can see so naturally they thought he was a God. He kept telling them in parables that he wasn't God but the messenger of God. If it makes you sleep at night you can keep your idol worshipping of man. Jesus said the words I speak are of my fathers. Why would God, who you say is a jealous God need a partner? The problem is no where in the bible do you see a book of Jesus. All the books were scribed decades after the death of Jesus. A child of God was not the birth child of god. Show me in the bible were it says that GOD came from the heavens and overshadowed Mary. You will see it was an Angel. The same that visited elizabeth the mother of John the baptist.

First of all stop spreading that false doctrine of yours that is NOT in the bible. Second the jew's DIDNT misunderstand him, they completely understood what He said about himself, because they were blinded, though having ears they could not hear, though they had eyes, they could not see(Isaiah 6:9-10), fulfilling what the prophet Isaiah said about him in all of Chapter 53, and his testimony was not found in them, because they didn't belong to him and were not his sheep.

John 10:31 "Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” 33 The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods”’? 35 If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36 do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?"

We see here CLEARLY in John 10 that the Jews understood what he was saying but they didn't believe him: John 8:24 "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

Next the LORD of glory Jesus said himself to the Jew's that he was I AM:

John 8:58-59 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM. 59 Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by."

Exodus 3:14 "And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

Again we CLEARLY see here that he is telling us that he is the great I AM in the old testament. There is GOD the Father, GOD the Son and GOD the Holy Spirit, 1 GOD, three different persons (Trinity) this doctrine wasn't created recently read the creeds and confessions of the early church they said the same things (Google the Nicene Creed). Oh and to clear up why Jesus had to pray, simply because he was a man and he had to pray to GOD, and the scripture in Matthew 19:17, Mark 10:18, and Luke 18:19 when Jesus said "So Jesus said to him, 'Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God." What you need to learn is to read the context of scripture and what he is talking about, first he is talking to a lawyer, and simply saying He isn't just some mere crupt/hypocritical rabbi, but GOD. You see there has never TRULY been a real teacher, or a real priest or a real prophet or rabbi, these are all types of the one to come, that is the perfect one, Jesus the Christ. (Read Matthew 23:8-10; Hebrews 10:11-14).

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1

Other places in the bible that tell us he we both GOD (1 John 5:7, 20; 1 Timothy 3:16; Romans 9:5) and Man (1 Timothy 2:5; John 1:14)

We are to honor the son just like we honor the father (John 5:23).

John 5:19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner." If Jesus wasn't GOD and equal with the father in NATURE (His Deity) not PERSON, then could he do what he sees the Father do? And who said that GOD needed a partner, or what Christian told you that GOD had a partner in the first place to make you initiate that question?

Edited by BurnForChrist

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

The question was, Did Jesus pray to Himself or our Father?

Jesus never ever prayed to Himself. He knew where the Father was, and the Father knew exactly where Jesus was.. Eleven times He prayed to His Father who was in Heaven, whilst He, Jesus was on the Earth.

Jesus Christ existed in His Spirit body throughout all eternity past, untill He divested Himself of His Spirit body and became a man. As God He has always existed. But, as a man, in taking human form, flesh and blood, He had a beginning.

Scripture, show that Jesus Christ was one of the three divine persons of the Deity and that as God he had no beginning.

Mic. 5:2 states He existed from all eternity.

John states of Him as existing in the very beginning with the Father (John 1;1-5).

Jesus Himself said He was before Abraham, and before the World was created (John 8:58; 17:5, 24).

Paul states Christ as existing before all things and as the creator and upholder of all things (Col. 1:15-18; Heb. 1:1-3, 8; 2:10). God the Father created all things by Jesus (Eph. 3:9).

Divine names are ascribed to Him.

These divine names and titles proves that He is by nature divine and a member of the Godhead.

He is called God and Immanuel in (Matt. 1:23; John 1:1; 20:28 and Acts 20:28).

Christ the Lord (Luke 2:26); The Son of God (Matt. 4:3; 14:33; Luke 22:70; John 1:34; Rom. 1:4). He is called "MY SON" by the Father in (Matt. 3:17); The only begotten Son (John 1:18; 3:16-18; 1 John 4:9).

He is called the First and the Last. Alpha and Omega, The beginning and Ending (Rev. 22:12, 13, 16). The Lord (Acts9:17); The Son of the Highest (Luke 1:32; Mark 14:61).

The Holy Child Jesus (Acts 4:30); King of Kings and Lord of Lords (Rev. 19:16); Lord and Savious (2 Peter 3:2); and The Word Of God (Rev. 19:13), and many more such titles show He is a member of the Divine Godhead.

In Phil. 2:5-11 Paul speaks of Christ being in God's form and that He laid aside this form and limited His attributes and powers as God to become a man. These powers were given back to Him when He was exalted to the highest place with God, (Coll. 3:1; Mark 16:19), after His lowest humiliation and limitation before God-even to do nothing, say nothing, be nothing and depend entirely upon God the Father for needed grace for body, soul, and spirit, and make a sucess of the work the Father sent Him into the world to do (Phil 2:9-11; Eph. 1:21-23; Col. 1:15-24; 1 Pet. 3:22). We know He did not keep His powers and position whilst a man, else He could not have been exalted back to it.

If He had not laid aside all His Glory and power He could not have had it restored to Him as stated in John 17:5. If He had retained all His riches while on Earth He could not have become poor for our sakes as taught in 2 Cor. 8:9. If He had kept His divine form He could not have taken on human form as taught by Phil. 2:5-11.

His incarnation proves He was limited as a man and grew to manhood as we all do, and He developed normally as any other human child. All the traditional theories of Him making toy birds and animals of mud and breathing life into them so they became real creatures and ran and flew away, and the many other miraculous powers He allegedly had from birth are mere theories and traditions made up by suspicious pagans to make Him equal with their pagan gods. He was a normal man as we are, and He did no miraculous works untill He was anointed fully by the Holy Spirit (Matt. 3:16-17; John 2:11).

After Jesus was annointed by the Holy Spirit to the full, He then posessed all the gifts and Graces of the Holy Spirit to the full, and He demonstrated what being like God among men really is like and He encouraged one and all who aspire to this exalted position, of sons of God with Power (John 3:34; Acts 10:38).

He laid aside His natural and divine attributes, and their use, and became a perfect example of yieldedness to God and His Spirit to overcome the world, the flesh, and the devil (Heb. 10:5-9; Acts 10:38).

Regarding His Humanity. Human names were ascribed to Him. Rabboni (John 20:16), Jesus (Matt. 1:21), Son of Abraham and David (Matt. 1:1), Seed and Offspring of David(Rom. 1:3; Rev. 5:5; 22:16). The second man and the Last Adam (1 Cor. 15:45-47). The King of the Jews (Matt. 2:2).

He was called a "BABE," a "CHILD," and a "MAN" (Luke 2:16; Isa. 9:6; Acts 17:31; 1 Tim. 2L4-5; Rom. 5:12-21; John 8:40; Acts 2:22; 1 Cor. 15:21, 45-47).

It was prophecied that He would be born of a human mother (Gen. 3:15; Isa. 7:14; 9:6-7; 11:1; 53:1-12; Ps. 22).

And He had flesh and blood like all other men (John 1:14; Heb. 2:14-15; 1 John 4:1-6; Luke 24:39; John 19:34).

Jesus Christ, in His glorified flesh and bone body, now sits beside the Father in Heaven, Jesus is not the Father, and the Father is not Jesus, they are two seperate beings and therefore do not and never have prayd to themselves.

Jesus Christ existed in His Spirit body throughout all eternity past, untill He divested Himself of His Spirit body and became a man. As God He has always existed. But, as a man, in taking human form, flesh and blood, He had a beginning.

What does that mean...Jesus existed in "His Spirit body"? :emot-hug:

Ruck1b.

John 1:1. In the beginning was the Word. Readon from there to John 1:14.

This person of the Godhead, the Word is the being who divested Himself of His divine, spirit being, and became a man so that He could pay the death penalty for all mankind.

He now has a glorified flesh and bone body and sits at the fathers right Hand, according to Scripture.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

When Christ was on earth, he told us to speak to God, and pray "Our Father who art in heaven..."

Christ directed us to speak to the Father.

Now Christ sits at the right hand of the Father, and if He wants to speak to Him, he just has to turn his head to the left and speak.

We are still on earth.

We too are commanded to address our prayers to the Father - not that we cannot speak to Christ too.

But the Father is prime focus of our prayers, and Christ, as the High Priest also listens to these prayers, discusses them with the Father and tries to intervene on our behalf to have the Father give us the benefit of any doubt. Not that the Father does not love us. Its just that Christ understands weakness and so can sympathise more with us.

When Christ was on earth, he told us to speak to God, and pray "Our Father who art in heaven..."

Christ directed us to speak to the Father.

Now Christ sits at the right hand of the Father, and if He wants to speak to Him, he just has to turn his head to the left and speak.

We are still on earth.

We too are commanded to address our prayers to the Father - not that we cannot speak to Christ too.

But the Father is prime focus of our prayers, and Christ, as the High Priest also listens to these prayers, discusses them with the Father and tries to intervene on our behalf to have the Father give us the benefit of any doubt. Not that the Father does not love us. Its just that Christ understands weakness and so can sympathise more with us.

Well said mate. We speak to the Father in Jesus name and the Father always hears Jesus, and so hears us.

Haz.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

John 16:25-27 (KJV)

These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,884
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

My own belief is that Jesus prayed to God the Father.

And Jesus was co-eternal/existential with the Father.

And that He subjugated Himself, to take on the form/characteristics of a man, so that He could redeem mankind.

He didn't have to do this, but He did so.

And I have no problem in praying to Jesus as God, or calling Him God.

Jesus is God!

Jesus is MY God. Of that I am sure :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

I was just thinking, is there anywhere in the New Test where the disciples prayed to Jesus after his acension to heaven? What I mean is ,now that Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father and intercedes for us, on our behalf, do we pray to God the Father in Jesus Name? Or do we just pray to Jesus?

Jesus is the Way back to the Father, and whatever we ask of the Father in Jesus name he gives us, so I believe Jesus prayed to the Father and taught us also how to pray to the Father.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,884
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

I was just thinking, is there anywhere in the New Test where the disciples prayed to Jesus after his acension to heaven? What I mean is ,now that Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father and intercedes for us, on our behalf, do we pray to God the Father in Jesus Name? Or do we just pray to Jesus?

Jesus is the Way back to the Father, and whatever we ask of the Father in Jesus name he gives us, so I believe Jesus prayed to the Father and taught us also how to pray to the Father.

Whoever honours the Son, honours the Father.

If you have seen me, you have seen the father also.

This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. :emot-hug: