Secularist

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

I studied on this, and I can see that I leaned more on the pastor and his wife, and not on God,,, but it still hurts.

I don't know that I believe in God the same way you guys do. I have always known there is God, in that, a being is running this earth. But I never looked at God as from the bible. To me, the bible limits God, and I have never been able to get past that. I have not much been able to, well, totally believe about Jesus. I think that is a sin to say?

It is practically impossible for me to let live humans in, so think about the difficulty I have accepting that an unseen, unfelt, entity loves me, one I cannot touch, hug, or see. I am not trying to be argumentative, but say how I feel.

I have tried so hard to make it real but it is the same as trying to convince myself the easter bunny is real.

The pastor and his wife were going through it step by step, and helping me, and now, gone. I maybe blamed God, but no, God didn't just take them from me.

I am a mess of confusion. If I honestly don't think any of this is real, then why can't I just let it go. :unsure:

I would just go away and leave you kind folks alone.

I know how you feel about not letting people in, its a hard road to walk. Sometimes we make too much of things and let them control us and letting go of that is even harder. Have you thought that the reason you cannot let go is because you do know He is real, you do know that He loves you, that He wants to help you in His ways but its just too hard to admit but perhaps its because you do know it and it surprises the daylight out of you? I know it did me! lol I knew God was real, I knew the bible said He loved me but heck I was not a good person I didn't deserve it and heck how is it at all possible to grap ahold of something I couldn't touch and see! God didn't give up on me and it pulled at my heart so much that eventually I was worn down and humbled in everyway. He then took me and built me back up and you know why? because I let Him, I gave my heart and all to Him. When you get so low, so broken in heart and spirit theres no where else to go but dying or living He showed me His light and at first it was so blinding I wanted to run but He showed me how to see in His light and now! oh my! my heart is too full and I never want it to be empty again I want it to overflow!

Its not easy in the beginning to let go of ourselves, our preconcieved notions about what we are to do or how to do it so please don't give up. Please don't give up on Him or yourself stand your ground in Him and cry out for His help and guideance the answer may not come in the ways where its so obvious but it will come. Keep posting we are here to help and pray for you.

shalom,

Mizz

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Why do I need your God to live a healthy, happy, meaningful life?

People lead healthy, happy, meaningful lives without my God, Jesus Christ, all the time. They still are not getting into heaven, though.

Guest SDGS
People lead healthy, happy, meaningful lives without my God, Jesus Christ, all the time. They still are not getting into heaven, though.

This is not your call. Not trying to start a mess, but this kind of statement makes me run the other way. God makes that call.

Part of my problem is that churches first judge me, divorce, smoker, mostly divorce because they blame me because I am a woman and Eve's sin, which angers me. But they refuse to just accept me where I am. It is demand after demand. I have to do this, I have to do that, I have to give this, I have to join that,,, ect. I can't, and frankly, I don't want to, so I stopped going.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

This is not your call. Not trying to start a mess, but this kind of statement makes me run the other way. God makes that call.

Part of my problem is that churches first judge me, divorce, smoker, mostly divorce because they blame me because I am a woman and Eve's sin, which angers me. But they refuse to just accept me where I am. It is demand after demand. I have to do this, I have to do that, I have to give this, I have to join that,,, ect. I can't, and frankly, I don't want to, so I stopped going.

You don't have to do any of those things. They are man induced concepts. They are not from God.

All you have to do is love Jesus. Why worry about people?

Just accept Jesus into your life and start talking to Him. He will listen, and He is really the only one you can trust 100%.

If you start doing this you may be surprised at the answers He gives.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

It is by the grace, mercy and foresight of God that you are alive and have the chance to live a happy, healthy life in the first place. We should never forget that the default state of being is dead. God is the originator and sustainer of all life. Whether you choose to acknowledge this is of course another thing. A Life lived without reference to the source of that Life is ultimately meaningless.

Our minds however are free to roam wherever they may go and if we choose to adopt a world view that deliberately excludes the creator we are quite able to adopt a happy, "healthy",and"meaningful" lifestyle. He gives us that freedom while we live here.

But one only has to meet some of those who think they are poached eggs to see that this sort of happiness has a consequence that is death.

Remember that the days of your life herein this world are fleeting and short.

My Kids often want to know why they have to eat their vegetables they want to eat lollies all day long and they can't see the long term consequences of an unhealthy diet. In the same way we speak of our lives with little thoughT for the future. We can only see the few thousand days that we might have for the now and we tend to resent the suggestion that the harder way might be better for us in the long term.

Notwithstanding this my God has made a way, by his own death, that is freely given and easy enough that if we trust him like a child trusts her Dad, we will continue to live and we can also live happy, healthy meaningful lives by acknowledging and giving love to our Creator and Sustainer..

Edited by Anguspure

I don't think all men are naturally evil. To me this is a cynical, bleak, and wrong view of humanity.

Ever looked at history? The record of truly free men that who have freely lived lives of goodness towards their fellowmen is very short. Most "good" men have seen themselves as servants of something that transcends themselves and this world. They have acted as obedient disciples of this greater good.

I am moderately surprised that a secularist is taking this position anyway. If Good and evil cannot be attributed to God, then it must be some sort of evolutionary developement presumably as a result of natural selection. As we can see (in the light of this) there is no determination of good or evil beyond that which furthers the survival of myself and my species.

Naturally speaking in evolutionary terms "good "is the furthering of my self interested survival through my progeny.

There are many obvious examples of men who have committed these sorts of acts in the name of the continued well being their culture and progeny, according to God however these acts are evil.

Guest SDGS

I have a question I have never asked because I know it will anger Christians.

Someone once told me that Heaven will be as the garden of eden was meant to be, before Adam and Eve sinned. That all will be singing and love and no bad.

I asked "why did God put that tree there in the first place and set them up to fail, and was told "God didn't want sock puppets".

My question, won't Heaven be exactly that? Sock puppets?

I have a question I have never asked because I know it will anger Christians.

Someone once told me that Heaven will be as the garden of eden was meant to be, before Adam and Eve sinned. That all will be singing and love and no bad.

I asked "why did God put that tree there in the first place and set them up to fail, and was told "God didn't want sock puppets".

My question, won't Heaven be exactly that? Sock puppets?

Don't know why anybody would be angered by your question. Its pretty fundamental.

The essence of Love is freewill. God created us to Live in loving relationship with Him. A world in which we have no freewill is not a loving world. A socK puppet cannot love its creator, nor can it Love another sock puppet.

A world with no choice between a relationship with the Creator and something else is not a world with free choice is it?

So the choice we were given was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. It was the only choice. A&E were created good and had an open relationship with God.

We could've trusted God and enjoyed relationship with him or we could've listened to the adversary, eaten of the tree and in that day we would be separated from him. We know who they chose to trust.

Today we have another choice. We can choose to trust him, by beleiving the gospel of the death and ressurection of Jesus for the forgivness of sin, and so enjoy the beginnings of a relationship with him. Or we can chase after the knowledge of good and evil according to our own desires and end up dead.

The question of what the world ruled by God will be like is related to who will be there.

As you may have observed, the people involved in a relationship become more the one another the closer they relate to one another. In fact it is a really good way of determining how close a claimed realationship is, just look at an elderly couple who Love each other.

The way Jesus taught us to asses whether a prophet claiming to speak the words of God is to look at the fruit he bears. Does what he is doing result in Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness and Self control, or not. Given that God is Love and only good, and no evil can reside in his presence, it makes sense that the one who has a close relationship with him will display the same attributes. The closer we get to Him, relationally speaking, the more Loving we become.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

• This life is but a shadow, a wisp of the afterlife. For surely there is a hereafter, And your hope will not be cut off. Proverbs 23:18 (NKJV)
  • Humanity is born in a fallen state and destined for hell.He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.John 3:18 (NKJV)
  • There is a way of salvation provided. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.John 3:16-17 (NKJV)
  • To be saved from eternal hell you must accept that one way of salvation.Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6 (NKJV)
  • Put the Bible to the test to determine if its claims above are true.Test all things; hold fast what is good.1 Thessalonians 5:21 (NKJV)
  • The true God is everyone's God whether they admit it or not or even know it or not.

Romans 3:29 (NKJV)

29 Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also,

1 Timothy 4:10 (NKJV)

10 For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.

Guest SDGS
A world with no choice between a relationship with the Creator and something else is not a world with free choice is it?

But what about Heaven? Will those there still have free will? If so, can they sin and get thrown from Heaven into hell?