• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

The Church has a need to fill but the substance MUST always come from our own personal relationship with the Master in His Word..we must have daily communication with the Holy Spirit through the Bible. The Church can be the side dishes so to speak with supporting what is in Scripture and fellowshipping, wrapping their loving arms around the lost.

How true. A relationship with Christ is the most important part of a Christians life. Bible study -- real study not just a superficial read through -- is oh so important. If you don't know what God's word says, how will you know if it is being taught wrong? The church is fellowship and it should help with and encourage study and teach sound doctrine.

We still love everyone at our old church and are friends with all of them. Some know why we moved on, but most don't.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Mr. and mrs. Irish...said it well The church is there for a reason. The pastor- to equip the saints. To fellowship as Christ instructed. As a single person I always submitted under the authority of the pastorship and the elders when I was not a elder myself and even then for some were more mature then I.

I find people in some churches thinking the pastors should be doing everything and sometimes always the same people doing everything while 75% reap the rewards and those are the ones busy criticizing and complaining... Laborers are few whether going out into the world as missionaries, evangelizing or in their own church.

The church should function like a fine tuned orchestra. Sometimes when tuning up...it sounds messy and yet the most beautiful sound can come when all do their part , the Holy Spirit Jesus being the conductor.

There have been times I wanted more meat but is was also good to recieve some pablum. If you keep hearing the same sermon wherever you go...you are not getting the message the first time...patricia1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Since my husband pastors my church, I'll respond with a resounding YES indeed. The saints are most definitely being trained in our church. As to the second part of your question, feelings are bothersome things. Before we took the church, I did NOT feel the love. In fact I was really hurt and insulted by a board member. However, as only the Lord can, He poured oil on the troubled waters and I have found this to be an embracing and loving congregation. Funny thing though, I found the more I reached out and accepted them, the more that was reciprocated. The old maxim "If you want a friend, be a friend" proves to be true.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Since my husband pastors my church, I'll respond with a resounding YES indeed. The saints are most definitely being trained in our church. As to the second part of your question, feelings are bothersome things. Before we took the church, I did NOT feel the love. In fact I was really hurt and insulted by a board member. However, as only the Lord can, He poured oil on the troubled waters and I have found this to be an embracing and loving congregation. Funny thing though, I found the more I reached out and accepted them, the more that was reciprocated. The old maxim "If you want a friend, be a friend" proves to be true.

Amen Marnie..I want to come and join.... Some board members act wierd around potential pastors..and sometimes when they are pastors...threatened..maybe.I am glad everything worked out for you. It is true about reaching out there and the reward is loves embrace.... love ya patricia1

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

Yes I feel fed, convicted sometimes, and definately loved.

We are called to be God pleasers not people pleasers, if they are offended with the word God is giving take it up with God. Each Pastor is accountable for what he does and says to the congregation and I would rather tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Gods truth as He wants it told.

People often don't like what God is bringing to them I know I haven't always liked what I have heard but I always take it to Gods and then submit to Him. It has always been worth it too maybe hard to begin with but definately worth it.

Blessings to you all.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I've stoped going to church long time ago for more than one reason. I think that people are the real Church, and the "church" is becoming more and more like an organization.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I'm glad I saw this post. I have recently recommitted my life to God. I was saved years ago and had studied the Bible for a long time, but I had been away form church for years, living in the flesh. Yet, I am having a hard time finding a church that allows that Holy spirit to move as He wishes. Am I missing something here?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

:whistling: from damo1

To One Light

I am Sure You Wil find a Church That Is Right for You Were You Can Grow Were You Can Be fed Gods Word And Were You Can Walk In The Gifts He Has Given You And Were You Can Be Encouraged To Use Your Gifts

Just test and see Weather It Is Going to be Right for you all churches are diffrent this is some thing i learnt as a young christian my self and most churches do not hold the holy spirit back

I am In a Good Apostolic Church With a Good Pastor Who Is Caring Open and very honest And He does not Water down his Sermons He talks Openly Becuase We treat him With Respect and We told him It Is OK to be him Self As We do not Belive In Holding Our Pastor Back And Telling Him What He Should Be Preaching On a Sunday

So He Knows he Can Be Hm Self Around Us We Walk In Unity We Enourage Each Other and this took time for this to happen

Speaking for my Self i like Prophetic Teaching and Preaching this is Just me and who i am and i am Comfterbal With that Style off Preaching and Teaching

Dont Judge the Body As Every One is Walking At diffrent pace people are people this is Some thing that i also learnt as i know when to be Sensative Especialy if i am Vsiting another town and i find my self in a Church that is not my own Church i have learnt to respect others Wear they are at in There Own Walk and i do not Judge Them for the way they do things in there own Church

So these are some helpful points i have given you and i hope you are able to find a good Church that will also Meet Your Needs as a Child of God

Just test before you settle like with buying a car you dont want something that is going to brake down so you take it for a test run before you hand out cash

Also introduce your self to the pastor in what ever Church You find Your Self In and Just See what they have to Offer You Wil find you Will learn things And You Will Grow as i love learning from my Brothers and Sisters In the lord who are in many diffrent Churches this is Just the way i am

I Will Pray That You find a church wear you wil fit in and be comfterbal

blessings from damo1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Thanks damo1! Prayers are what keeps the enemy at bay ... sure don't want to get involved where I don't belong.