• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

can they wash the dishes before they start "educating."

thanks

Why? Are your arms broken?

Iryssa, that was the perfect 'Mom' answer! I use it often myself.

Hoping you get to be 'Mom' before the day is out, sis.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

If you are talking about a schooled education, I don't agree. There are children who are in circumstances where they do not have a choice because of a multitude of reasons. To be disadvantaged in society with odds stacked up against you, dirt poor, living in remote/dangerous areas, limited job prospects....education is just a dream and not even a thought to people like these.

Your statement can be true to the people like I mentioned if they are given a helping hand first: opportunity.

Specify which society. In this country Everyone has free education. IF they don't take advantage of it and utilize it to create opportunity then why would i care if they have any other opportunity. We're responsible for our own lives and if no opportunity exists for you, then get off your butt and create one!

I learned that everyone can do this with or without a education.

I started out 20 years ago, with just a HS education. Worked at a job with min wage, stayed late after work to learn extra stuff that i wasn't required to know for my job, then 6months i applied for another job with the new skills i obtained on my own time after work. This time i worked, learned new skills and got paid for learning new skills, and 6 months later when my contract ended, i moved on to another position for double the money i was making. within 3 years i was making 50.00 per hour with a highschool education plus a few classes that the companies i worked for paid for.

Sorry but opportunity is not handed to you. Its earned and created by the one who has the desire to better themselves.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

Education is good for everyone. But I have to agree that you also need wisdom inorder to "educate" the world too. I come from an era where I had my first male teacher in grade 5 His name was Mr. Butterball (not joking here _ The next male teacher I had was in 10 th grade Mr. Thompsons english (he was a bit on the dark side concerning humor though and Mr. stitt who taught Elizabethian history. Mr. Stitt was later featured on Americas most wanted for seducing young girls in high school. All the rest were ladies and they taught us well.

A woman with an education is not a danger to anyone unless they are threatened by the fact they have to compete with a female who may be smarther than they are.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

To educate doesn't necessarily mean in a school institution - you can educate your child in the way of life and indeed educate just by physical actions and without words.

This statement was made by a woman who hails from a country where women of modest means don't receive a school education but only the wealthy. The tone of her statement is the liberation and freedom of women and the importance of women in the home and corporate world as well as changing the course of history and - leaving a feminine handprint on this planet.

This statement appealed to me because it promotes a ray of hope for women in a male dominated system. :emot-highfive:

:emot-partyblower:

other than what u said about the patriarchy thing, Hisgirl, that statement is also used (in the developing world) in the context that women are usually the primary care givers and they spend the most time iwth kids. now if you educate the women, you would have enlightened them to the importance of education. what usually happens is that either the women start teaching their own kids at home if they cant afford to send them to school (most developing countries have to pay for even primary education) or, because they realise how important it is, will do whatever is necessary to send the kids to school. if they have never tasted school however, chances are they wont bother trying to make sure that kids get an education but rather, will just have them continue on in the norms of the day like doing chores and trying to get food for the family. its not that they are using the kids and are depriving them, it will be just they havent been enlightened to the education thing. thus if u educate one woman, essentially you would have educated her entire family, and their families and so on and so on till the whole nation is all nice and educated*. your initial quote is slowly dying though as this doesnt apply to as many people as it did when it was first used.

*on the flip side of this education thing: though it appears like a good thing, it usually means indoctrinating the kids with western ideas and how the west views the world rather than what fits in with them and their societies. in any case, thats a story for another day.

Women are going to "start teaching their kids at home" whether or not they meet a whole society's education standard or have a second grader's level of education. Teaching is a natural and unstoppable instinct in a mother, hence, her husband's quote "shut your yap". The more she knows, the more she teaches her child, though, not necessarily in frequency but content. Wisdom will only be granted to the child if God sees fit to grant that wisdom to the child, regardless of how wise the mother may be. Knowledge is different than wisdom. For the OP's quote to achieve the greatest results, God must be the head of the family.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

May I ask, who is the origin of the quote in the OP? I couldn't find it; Google only pointed back at this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HIS girl
May I ask, who is the origin of the quote in the OP? I couldn't find it; Google only pointed back at this thread.

The Queen of Jordan.

Guest HIS girl
Specify which society.

Sorry but opportunity is not handed to you. Its earned and created by the one who has the desire to better themselves.

A helping hand is "opportunity" to those who haven't the means to get started. It doesn't matter whether it be Western society or 3rd world.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

the well educated female is a good helper to her husband and thegood teacher to her kids

but

i think in this generation

a female should be well in career ,not only in family

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

terrible

discrimination

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

the well educated female is a good helper to her husband and thegood teacher to her kids

but

i think in this generation

a female should be well in career ,not only in family

I agree totally with the the first sentence. The second sentence, realize that many women feel very blessed to be a stay at home Mom and wife. It is indeed a profession and valid career and it helps to be educated for this profession as well. :emot-questioned: