IGNORED

Prophesied destruction of Damascus imminent?

boblandis

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: September 21, 2007

1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Hal Lindsey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Collard Greens

The Marriage Supper of the Lamb

Hello Folks.

My name is Stephen Duster. I'm mainly an instrumentalist, but I do write lyrics as well. I began my interest in music while living on the west side of, Chicago Ill and attending an African American church pastured by my grandfather. I was initially exposed to gospel music, but later I also took an interest in concert band, Jewish, classical music, and world music. Over the years the Lord has blessed me with the ability to study and work with musicians around the world. This along with my faith in the Son of God as my foundation is a reflection of my compositions.

The compositions on this CD are based on true stories and are symbolic of the future Marriage Supper of the Lamb which is written about in Revelations 19th chapter. I had a very unique experience in writing the lyrics for this song.

Ref: http://www.sanddust.com/marriage.htm

The music on this CD is mostly instrumental, but does include 3 compositions that have lyrics. The beginning of the theme song includes the blowing of real shofars (ancient Jewish trumpets made out of rams horns) announcing the coming of the Messiah for His church. Thessolonians. Chapter 4

You can also listen to the full length of some of the songs on this CD for FREE at:

http://www.idolunderground.com/Pages/Profi...x?UserID=108193

Finally, I want to also mention that I was also able to work with some very unique and highly skilled musicians on this CD including a famous classical jazz guitarist from the North Western USA, as well as an outstanding harpist including several others.

Thank you for your support.

Stephen Duster

Pianist/Composer

www.sanddust.com

Posted: September 21, 2007

1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Hal Lindsey

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

bob, i've been thinking about this all week. it surely feels different when it could be right at the door, doesn't it? for me, as early as a couple of months ago, i was excited about this prospect, now i can't even imagine why i was! it is just so terribly sad to think of all those poor people. i just pray they receive mercy.

• Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Fraught I know why you were excited as I have been. It would bring Jesus back to take us all home.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

bob, i've been thinking about this all week. it surely feels different when it could be right at the door, doesn't it? for me, as early as a couple of months ago, i was excited about this prospect, now i can't even imagine why i was! it is just so terribly sad to think of all those poor people. i just pray they receive mercy.

Well Fraught it is exciting to see prophecy fulfilled and each time it is, we know that it is closer to the coming of Jesus. You have the right protective though. We should feel bad about all of those who have rejected Christ or who have never heard of Christ, who die or will die living in unrepented sin. But at the same time it is OK to be excited also because it is all about God.

Edited by Massorite

Well Fraught it is exciting to see prophecy fulfilled and each time it is, we know that it is closer to the coming of Jesus. You have the right protective though. We should feel bad about all of those who have rejected Christ or who have never heard of Christ, who die or will die living in unrepented sin. But at the same time it is OK to be excited also because it is all about God.

I feel the same way as Fraught in a way. The possibility that this conflict with Syria could result in the destruction of Damascus is exciting in one way, in that we'll see Isiah's prophecy fulfilled and then we know we're one step closer to Jesus coming back. On the other hand it is sobering.

It reminds me of what myself and a lot of other felt the night the air war started during Desert Storm. We trained for years to support combat operations, and for many of us it was the first time being in a real live "shooting war". The heat, noise, dust, and all the ground prep stopped as the fighters roared down the runway. Then it settled over us because we finally had a chance to actually think of what was going to happen. People were going to die that night. It didn't really matter that most were going to be the enemy. This feels a lot like that. Now that I know the Lord, it is a sobering thought what happens to those who die in their sins. We need to pray about the situation for sure.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I agree that it is both exciting and scary to watch prophecy unfold in front of our eyes. I sincerely hope that everyone will turn to Christ.

Yet, at the same time, I believe that those in Damascus have heard of Jesus, but not the truth, and I pray for truth for them. I hope they have the courage to seek out Christians that live in Damascus and inquire from them. In this day and age, there are very few places in the world that have not been told the Gospel.

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

There are many perfectly innocent people living in Damascus. We need to pray their leadership does not cause divine judgment to fall on the whole city. "Are there not there more than 120,000 people who do not know their right hand from their left.....?"

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

On "Jack Van Impe Presents" this morning Jack mentioned that Syria aligns with Russia {Gog/Magog Ezekiel 38-} and he mentioned Isaiah 17:1. This struck me as being somewhat different than Hal Lindsey's view given in post #1. Jack has taught over and over about the alignment of nations -soon - with poor Israel being the focus and the -soon- return of Jesus to Rapture us out.

On the "McCloughlin Group" this morning they spent about 15 minutes or so discussing Iran's nuclear program and thoughts about accepting a nuclear-armed Iran or a neocon first-strike [that could set off a very bad thing]. Even though John Mclaughlin and Pat Buchanan are ex-Jesuits I don't recall anyone on the show ever mentioning Bible prophecy.

Appears to me that world events and Endtime prophecy are more and more coinciding. But "we see through a glass darkly".

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

On "Jack Van Impe Presents" this morning Jack mentioned that Syria aligns with Russia {Gog/Magog Ezekiel 38-} and he mentioned Isaiah 17:1. This struck me as being somewhat different than Hal Lindsey's view given in post #1. Jack has taught over and over about the alignment of nations -soon - with poor Israel being the focus and the -soon- return of Jesus to Rapture us out.

On the "McCloughlin Group" this morning they spent about 15 minutes or so discussing Iran's nuclear program and thoughts about accepting a nuclear-armed Iran or a neocon first-strike [that could set off a very bad thing]. Even though John Mclaughlin and Pat Buchanan are ex-Jesuits I don't recall anyone on the show ever mentioning Bible prophecy.

Appears to me that world events and Endtime prophecy are more and more coinciding. But "we see through a glass darkly".

the Scriptures are very clear about Damascus being destroyed.