• Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Ben Stein to battle Darwin in major film

Actor-commentator stars in 'Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: September 28, 2007

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Woohoo!!!!!!!

Go Ben!

We should all see this movie and send Hollywood and Evolutionists a big message! :noidea::wub:;)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I hope it will answer all those psuedo intellectual twits who claim to really believe scientists ARE allowed freedom of thought and freedom to follow the evidence wherever it leads!

"Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;" 1 Corinthians 3:18-21

I hope it will answer all those pseudo intellectual twits who claim to really believe scientists ARE allowed freedom of thought and freedom to follow the evidence wherever it leads!
:whistling::taped::taped:

:taped:

Most Really Know The Truth

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

Psalms 19:1-3

But Prefer The Sham Of Fables

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2 Timothy 2:3-4

Over Freely Offered Eternal Salvation

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

If This Scientific Quackery Was Not Such A Deadly Deception, It Would Be Total Goofiness

:24:

Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

Ben stein i wonder what happend to him as i loved that show the wonder years as it use to come on after happy days

this wil be very intresting to see as he is one of my best actors even though i know what happend i wil be weighting for this to come to australia as you wil get it first and then i wil hear about it on the posts hear on worthy i wil let my other friend know in canberra thanks for this yet i think if it plays in America i wil just see it in the philippines and can ring my friend up and tell him all the goss

yet knowing ben stein and his acting skills this man will out do darwin any time as a teacher this wil be just so good to see

• Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

My quote thingy isn't working...so I'll just do this:

QUOTE: "Maybe the Christians here have lower moral standards than me, but I'd call that dishonesty. Anyone here care to defend this sort of behaviour? Or is 'Lying for Jesus' OK?"

Movie titles get changed at the last minute all the time. Here's a partial list....

AMERICAN PIE was originally penned under the name: "Teenage Sex Comedy That Can Be Made For Under $10 Million That Your Reader Will Love But The Executive Will Hate." The lengthy non-title sort of title stuck with the project all the way up until it was purchased by Universal who then changed the name to: "East Great Falls High." The second title was meant to be a temporary one and eventually there was a debate on what the final title should be; some rooting for the title: "Comfort Food." Eventually American Pie won out after a few legal issues with the title were ironed out, due to another movie wanting the same name.

GOODFELLAS was somewhat based on the book "Wiseguy" by author Nick Pileggi, therefore the film project started out with the same title. However, a television series was airing at the time with that same name and the term Goodfellas was used as a replacement.

PRETTY WOMAN was originally called "3000"; which was the amount Julia Roberts character was paid for the night. Studio research showed that 3000 made audiences wonder if it was a plot about hookers on the moon, and therefore a title change was decided upon. Director Garry Marshall was given a set of songs to choose a title from and Pretty Woman the movie was born.

THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY was at one point named: "There's Something About Sarah."

ROCKY was originally named "The Contender"

SCREAM was originally written by Kevin Williamson as "Scary Movie", however the title seemed too comedic for most and not too long after the change the title was given to the now popular comedy series of films created by the Wayans Brothers.

BLADE RUNNER being based off of the Phillip K. Dick book: "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?", also bore that title. The title was deemed "non-commerical" and went through a series of changes from just plain "Android" to "Mechanismo", to "Dangerous Days", before sticking to Blade Runner.

HITCH was written and sold with the title: "The Last First Kiss." Market testing of the titled proved it did not appeal to men, which the creators of the romantic comedy were hoping to help fill in the audience, and thus the title change.

REALITY BITES first came to be under the title "The Real World", that was until MTV decided to debut a new reality show with the same title.

UNFORGIVEN, the award winning Clint Eastwood directed, David Peoples written western was originally titled "The Cut-Whore Killings", which was then changed to both "Whore's Gold" and then "The William Munny Killings" before Clint Eastwood himself picked the title Unforgiven.

THE VILLAGE was originally titled "The Woods", but was changed to avoid conflict with another film of that title.

FIELD OF DREAMS having been based on a book entitled "Shoeless Joe" was shot with that title intact. However audience testing showed that people would assume it was either about a homeless person or that Kevin Costner was playing Shoeless Joe.

BIG was originally titled "When I Grow Up" before the writers made the change.

TOMORROW NEVER DIES is a James Bond film that was originally entitled: "Tomorrow Never Lies." A marketing department memo with a typo switched "dies" in place of "lies" and the title was determined to be better sounding and more popular.

BLOOD DIAMOND was originally titled "Okavanga" until the original script was changed and the story no longer took place in the Okavanga territory.

LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA went through a few title changes with the original being "Men From Mars." The first titles were taken from character quotes with "Lamps Before the Wind" also being considered, before being changed to "Red Sun, Black Sand" in reference to the Japanese flag and the black sands of Iwo Jima. Eventually during shooting a person from Warner Bros. Japan suggested Letters From Iwo Jima and the title stuck.

SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER was originally based off of a newspaper article with which it shared the title " The Tribal Rites of the New Saturday Night." The title was deemed too long and the Bee Gees song "Night Fever" inspired the change.

Lots of movies go through the name changing game to seek what will appeal most to the money spending masses. Often times it is good that research is done in this area because some of the classics, even mentioned in this article, would surely not have been the same in some way had they gone with the original title.

Link: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3..._hollywood.html

Also, like Ben said: " "I don't remember a single person asking me what the movie was about."

And as far as the Producer change.....heck some movie studios replace DIRECTORS half-way through a film!...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Thanks for posting. Interesting. I hope it's good.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Hey, what's wrong with a little false witness when it is strategically convenient?

Keep it up, creationists. :24:

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Blame the Christians and the Creationists!

:33:

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I haven't been this excited for a movie in awhile. I can't wait to see it!