Edited by Zol

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

When something is overwhelming it can help to take it bit by bit instead of all at once.

-Leaving home right now is not an option since you don't have a job as yet. So you can put that aside for now.

-Your choice seems to be going back to school or looking for work. Which do you want? Try not to think of what your parents want. What do you want?

-Make a decision based on what you want -school or job hunting - and move in that direction.

-pray about your relationship with your parents and ask God to lead you

Hope that helps :whistling:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

i dont know! the school my parents want me to go to is online anyway! so i mean, i dont know! I dont want to go to school! but i dont wanna do nothing! but then i do want to do nothing! i dont know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

At 27 you should be out of your parent's home and working. You're not, so that's why you are confused. Your parents are not doing you any favors, either, even though no doubt they think they are. If I were you I'd do the following ASAP:

1. Find a full time job. Any job, even if it isn't in your discipline. An employer will hire somebody who is working before they will hire somebody who is unemployed.

2. Move out, even if you have to ask your parents to subsidize your for a while.

Doing these things will boost your self confidence and get your life on track. Worry about your education later. I worked my way through college and seminary; I survived on a full class load some semesters and a full time job; you're young, you can do it too.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  543
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/15/1966

At 27 you should be out of your parent's home and working. You're not, so that's why you are confused. Your parents are not doing you any favors, either, even though no doubt they think they are. If I were you I'd do the following ASAP:

1. Find a full time job. Any job, even if it isn't in your discipline. An employer will hire somebody who is working before they will hire somebody who is unemployed.

2. Move out, even if you have to ask your parents to subsidize your for a while.

Doing these things will boost your self confidence and get your life on track. Worry about your education later. I worked my way through college and seminary; I survived on a full class load some semesters and a full time job; you're young, you can do it too.

:noidea:

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

That feeling of "you want to but you don't want to" is coming from not doing anything. The longer we do not act the harder it is to act.

Personally I think higher education if for a purpose is a tremendous blessing. And this could be a wonderful opportunity for you. But since you are not perceiving it as a blessing then it is not.

Living with parents can be a joy if you are free in that relationship. So much is in our own perception. It is the cultural standards that say you should be out.

But one thing for sure. You are old enough to be thinking and acting out of your own person. That is a must. If you seek the LORD and believe that He is truly your Shepherd then you will know what to do. But to begin is the thing. Begin to believe that He is leading you. Begin to think of the wonderful possibilities for your life. Begin to see your parents out of love and respect but not as leaning upon you...rather they are or not. Begin to move toward a decided goal with either work or education.

I feel in my heart as I write this that God has something very good in store for you. You need to simply think, and begin in faith.

God bless you richly.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Have you talked to your parents about this?

Are they asking you to stay at home?

I know with my parents their first concern would be my financial security and if that is ok they would be ok with it. Saying that their attitude was always I'm an adult so it is my life.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

hay i am nearly 4o and i have been on my own since i was 14 yrs old and i had no mother or father to look after me

i was put in a situation were i had to let go of my schooling and grow up very fast i can see were some are lucky were they have this chance but

if you cant get to a point were you are able to stand up on your own how will you handle this you have good parents yet you need to also tell them how you feel

i hold my own abn number i am a commercial cleaner and i am going to tafe at night as i missed out on a good education yet i am nearly 40 my friend and i am also getting ready to move to a new country and pastor a church

so i cant see how you are confused hear my friend work is out their you just have to find it i wish i had my parents looking after me when i was on my own at the age of 14 yet you know what i use to do for a job i use to start at 6PM and go to 6AM the next morning unloading trucks at a fruit market in Sydney and i was only 14 working with older guys i even worked in the building game and then found my self a job as a kitchen hand washing dishes to were i was taught to cook i worked in mac donalds for 2yrs doing burgers mopping the floors and doing the windows that was my job when i was 15

so there is work out there and you can do it if you put your mind to it

sorry if i sound so up front i do not mean to sound up front my `10yr old boy washes dishes at a local pizza take away shop were he lives as his mother works there and we bought up our son not to depend on us even though his needs are met he knows what it means to work as well he knows how to do a good pizza can make a good coffe cappacino and also does the paper run as he loves long distant running

and has money put in a bank account for uni as well so he is looked after but we decided to show him that money just does not fall of a tree and he respects me as his father and his mother when he is with me i take him to work with me and he gets on the buffer and buffs a floor or cleans toilets with me and he is not scared to work

i hope you can get around to were you can tell your parents how you feel with out them being guilty and you feeling you have to stay at home i wil pray for you

take care

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

Amen and amen. I couldn't have said it better. :blink: