• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

The verses mentioned below say quite clearly that certain individuals suffered severe consequences for their disobedience to God. They were Christians and yet they still suffered for their sin. Do you think that this could only happen to Christians living in the first century, or could this happen to Christians today?

Act 5:5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

Co 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep

1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

The verses mentioned below say quite clearly that certain individuals suffered severe consequences for their disobedience to God. They were Christians and yet they still suffered for their sin. Do you think that this could only happen to Christians living in the first century, or could this happen to Christians today?

Act 5:5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

God does not spare us from earthly consequences of our sin, and yes, sometimes i think he allows bad things to happen to us when we step out from under his umbrella of protection.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

WEll, since the scriptures tell us plainly that God does not change, that He is the same today, yesterday, and forever, then I must take for granted that His attitude remains the same towards sin.

Being a Christian does not exempt us from obedience. In fact the Christian walk is to be a walk of obedience to the Lord and his ways. Love obeys.

Perhaps because in his patience the Lord often defers consequences people think they are getting by with sin and disobedience. But in the long run we reap what we sow.

I want to remember that.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Cajun to Eddie:::: I won't say that God punishes you and I everytime we sin, but I do know that on many occassions in my walk towards God that HE did in fact, punish me as a way of letting me know that he was there acknowledging HIS disappointment in my sin, until I finally realized that I didn't want to sin on purpose the next time. Then and only then did it become easier to resist the temptations. If there is no reprimand in some instances, how would we know that we are in fact sinning? I mean, besides the fact that God warns us in many of HIS commands. With the change of times from before Jesus until now, even the sins are cleverly disguised by satan that we may not even recognize them as a sin!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I think like most parents sometimes God believes natural consequence may be enough for us to learn something as well

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

WEll, since the scriptures tell us plainly that God does not change, that He is the same today, yesterday, and forever, then I must take for granted that His attitude remains the same towards sin.

Being a Christian does not exempt us from obedience. In fact the Christian walk is to be a walk of obedience to the Lord and his ways. Love obeys.

Perhaps because in his patience the Lord often defers consequences people think they are getting by with sin and disobedience. But in the long run we reap what we sow.

I want to remember that.

Let it be known that God is a Loving God and it is only when we step out of his (will) or guides we get into trouble. He set our guides in the bible and he just has to turn the other way when we become disobedient and say well they did it there-self. God created the world and all that is in it one time so he will never say again I create another world or heaven his word is final. Same their will be only one Saviour (Jesus) no more! Now he will cleanse the world again but he only created one world. Same as he only created one bible or word. The word has already be spoken and he will never speak the word again until the trump sounds and he sends Jesus back to earth. He is all powerful so when he spoke the word once it still stands today. He will never offer salvation again because the word says if we believe it and we confess it and then it becomes a reality! He will never heal another person by speaking be healed. The spoken word has already been spoken so we either accept or not it has already be done. By his strips we are healed, done deal. Now all we have to do is speak the word and bingo it happens if we believe, God will never say it again we HAVE TO! :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Yes. It can happen. Best not to sin.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Yes. It can happen. Best not to sin.

God hates sin...Loves the sinner. thats why He gave us a way to have forgiveness of sin...Jesus

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

The sacrifices at the tabernacles were for unintentional sins. That will get your attention about how Yahweh views intentional sins.

Is the fear of Yahweh enough to keep us from sin?

This is an excerpt from some articles by Nancy Missler. "So, "knowing God" intimately, ... and "walking in the Fear of Him" go hand in hand. Fear of God does not mean fearfulness of God or being afraid of Him, but walking, speaking and acting in such an intimate relationship with Him that we are in continual awe of what He is doing in our lives. And because of that, we are constantly watching for and fleeing anything that would hinder or quench that intimacy."

"In other words, Fear of God is caring more about what God thinks than about what man thinks."