And my tongue shall declare Thy righteousness

And Thy praise all day long.

-Psalm 35:28

My heart overflows with a good theme;

I address my verses to the King;

My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

-Psalm 45:1

Let my tongue sing of Thy word,

For all Thy commandments are righteousness.

-Psalm 119:172

WHEN YOU SPEAK ABOUT THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, DON'T SPEAK LIKE THIS:

"Roughly two thousand years ago, Jesus was born in a dumpy, rural, hick town, not unlike those today where guys change their own oil, think pro wrestling is real, find women who chew tobacco sexy, and eat a lot of Hot Pockets with their uncle-daddy. Jesus' mom was a poor, unwed teenage girl who was often mocked for claiming she conceived via the Holy Spirit. Most people thought she concocted the crazy story to cover the fact she was knocking boots with some guy in the backseat of a car at the prom." -MARK DRISCOLL

SPEAK LIKE THIS:

"We know that it is our good, our joy and rest to be united with the Son of God. As He is our Head, we are His body, so also from Him we hold our life and our salvation and all good. In fact, we see how miserable our condition would be unless we had our refuge in Him, to be maintained under His keeping. However, we could not reach so high (seeing that scarcely can we crawl upon the earth), unless from His side He approached us, and already He had approached in His birth, when He clothed Himself in our flesh and He made Himself our brother. We could not now have our refuge in our Lord Jesus Christ's being seated at the right hand of God His Father in heavenly glory, unless He were abased as far as being made mortal man and having a condition common with us. That is also why, when He is called "Mediator between God and men," this title "man" is especially attributed to Him. As also for the same reason He is called "Emanuel," that is, "God with us." -JOHN CALVIN

"But to this one I will look,

To him who is humble and contrite of spirit,

and who trembles at My word."

-Isaiah 66:2

CAMPONTHIS

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

wow.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Amen Marnie :thumbsup:

One of my favourite verses -

"But to this one I will look,

To him who is humble and contrite of spirit,

and who trembles at My word."

-Isaiah 66:2

I pray constantly that the Holy Spirit will teach me the fear of the Lord all the days of my life.

God bless

Estie :)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Create in me a clean heart Oh God

:whistling:

OC

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Was Mark D. even speaking for Jesus? Just because someone speaks about Jesus doesn't mean they are speaking for Jesus. He contradicted too many things, like the virgin birth. That's not for, it's against. It's antichrist. His mannerism wasn't the problem.

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in THY sight, oh Lord, My strength and my redeemer."

No matter how good we think we speak there will always be someone who can speak better. God is who we have to please. Of course, we should give a good effort to try and speak well to glorify God and ONLY to glorify God. Not ourselves.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23

19)Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.

20)To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews.

To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law),

so as to win those under the law.

21)To those not having the law I became like one not having the law

(though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law.

22)To the weak I became weak, to win the weak.

I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some.

23)I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I posted the piece because I was appalled with the filthy, overly familiar way Driscoll treated his subject matter. I think it is disgusting the way culturally-oriented preachers (just about any of the Emergent Church bunch) attempt to be hip and relevant by lowering the standard of their discourse. I don't think we need to speak in the King James Version (like Paul did :whistling: ), but I do think the words we use are important and they do influence the way hearers think about G-d and the Bible.

I posted the piece because I was appalled with the filthy, overly familiar way Driscoll treated his subject matter. I think it is disgusting the way culturally-oriented preachers (just about any of the Emergent Church bunch) attempt to be hip and relevant by lowering the standard of their discourse. I don't think we need to speak in the King James Version (like Paul did :b: ), but I do think the words we use are important and they do influence the way hearers think about G-d and the Bible.

I totally agree about not speaking in KJV(Paul spoke KJV?). :24:

I was thinking about this while cleaning this morning.

When I was living in sin, I viewed people by their mannerisms, dress and behaviors. It was the palpable way to determine what they were all about. If someone stumbled toward me drunk and spouted out words that were hardly understandable, I'd have disregarded every word they said because drunken talk is annoying if you're not drinking. I don't remember what it was like to be drunk because I've had less alcohol in my life than could fill a gallon(or maybe just over, i exaggerate) but I can imagine that being drunk would make another person's drunken talk more tolerable. Same with living in the sinful nature. If you're living in sin and find nothing wrong with, say, sexual immorality, you'll have no trouble with someone using "familiar" terminology in conversation about anyone. You'll use it freely and think it's all good. It'll be "normal" and it shouldn't bother anyone, according to you. When a drunk person sobers up they wish they had never said the things they said when they were dunk. Same with living in sin.

You're right. Jesus, of all people, shouldn't be spoken of in "familiar" terms the way that man did.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

What particularly do you find offensive?

The "knocking boots" part, probably. It paints a visual more easily than if he had said, "she invented the story after her prom activities led to pregnancy". Blurring this visual distances it from the mind but stating it plainly brings it to "familiarity".

Like revealing a person's nakedness, it's disrespectful.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

What particularly do you find offensive?

You're joking, right?