• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Brothers and Sisters,

Here are a few texts that will help when it comes to prophets. Look them up and read the context. If you know this information you will not go wrong or be misled. It is the truth from God's Word. The Scriptures are your meat! Eat them up and let them become your thinking and you will never be deceived.

Matthew 7:15-17

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

Numbers 12:5-6

And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth. And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

Deuteronomy 13:1-3

If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Deuteronomy 18:21-22

And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Deuteronomy 29:29

The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Isaiah 8:20

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Jeremiah 28:9

The prophet which prophesieth of peace, when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, then shall the prophet be known, that the LORD hath truly sent him.

Hosea 12:10

I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.

Amos 3:7

Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Matthew 34:35-36

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Hebrews 1:1

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds...

II Peter 1:16-21

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

"Fruit" is - based on scripture?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Ive heard many make excuses for false prophecies. Personally I think thats bunk. Either its 100% accurate or the person is a false prophet. The bible is clear on that.

Amen! :(

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

According to scripture we are to beware of false prophets. How can we beware of them unless we can say that one is a false prophet?

exactly!

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/22/1946

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this post, but it seems to be. In many Christian churches and organizations modern prophecy is not accepted, which I do not see as a good thing. However, in arenas where it is accepted, false prophets seem to be accepted. Let me explain, there are many people out there claiming to be prophets and giving out prophecies which either contradict the scriptures or don't come true and no one sends these false prophets packing. I know that not everyone who accepts prophets does not regulate them, but it seems that many go easy on so called prophets. Can anyone explain this to me.

God Worshippers

I believe Christ answered this Himself. We know that He is the Word. He came in the volume of the Book.....and He told us:

Mark 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

All things about God's kingdom, that He wishes us to know, are written and if one claiming to be a prophet tells us things that don't align with His Word then that one is a false prophet.

.........Whirlwind

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this post, but it seems to be. In many Christian churches and organizations modern prophecy is not accepted, which I do not see as a good thing. However, in arenas where it is accepted, false prophets seem to be accepted. Let me explain, there are many people out there claiming to be prophets and giving out prophecies which either contradict the scriptures or don't come true and no one sends these false prophets packing. I know that not everyone who accepts prophets does not regulate them, but it seems that many go easy on so called prophets. Can anyone explain this to me.

God Worshippers

One thing is that if you make a false prophecy, your toast. Deuteronomy has a REALLY harsh warning to false prophets!

But your right, those who have false prophets are not following the warning given. We're admonished to not allow them to associate with us and we're not supposed to allow them in our houses or associate with them at all.

As far as true prophets, the last one i know of was John.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

There is a substantial difference between the gift of Prophecy in the NT and the office of prophet in the OT

Guest Rapturebound

God Worshippers

There are a couple of things you need to know about prophecy that will help in judging weather it is good or not. 1. It should always be edifying to whom ever is receiving the prophecy. What I mean by that is, it should always leave you with a positive outlook. The only exception is if it would warn you of danger, but that should also leave you with a good outlook also because now you can pray and nullify anything that would try to harm you. 2. Prophecy usually confirms something that the Lord has already told you. So if you ever receive a prophecy that does not agree with your heart, throw it out.

God Bless

Edited by Rapturebound

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

So if you ever receive a prophecy that does not agree with your heart, throw it out.

God Bless

Not true. The prophets of the OT were very seldom received well, because their message didn't make the people "feel good".

Paul was stoned, and it wasn't because the people were in agreement with him.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

People are not applying His Word to correct false prophets. They just ignore it and move on. Same thing with heresey. Or even an apostate movement.

Maybe they feel they are not perfect so they don't care to judge as in correcting others. Maybe the cause for unity is such that they believe keeping it is far more important than dealing with errors. Maybe they believe that loving one another is more important, and they are leaving the correction up to the Lord since they may see that the false prophet feels bad enough as it is when his predictions turns out to be false kind of like having a pie in his face put there by a clown...which would be himself. Or maybe routine is all that is really going on and that people really do not want to be that involved since they are just doing their expected duty by keeping fellowship in going to church.

Which kind of shows, can anyone really have fellowship when no one really knows if a beleiver has engaged in something not of faith but if they do, is known in his or her speech, but yet, to respect one another, we dare not correct or it will be seen as attacking that person and thus disrupting unity or fellowship? As long as everyone believes in Jesus is the Saviour, why quibble over what people would say... semantics?

Maybe that is the reason they do not deal with false prophets? And maybe that is the reason why the falling away would happen in the last days.

The falling away is I believe already happening. But the reason for the falling away is due to an apostate church. The church will not deal with sin as it is. A prophet is to tell what is on the heart of God for future things also for the moment things. He/she will recieve as the Lord leads them to tell. Now as far as coming true, that depends on the timing of the Lord, and to test the spirit requires a discerning gift from the Lord also, you will not know to check of the spirit behind this "prophet " without the gift of discernment. Yes the true "prophet's " word given has to line up with the word of God!! Now some think that when a prophet speaks he/she will quote scripture, not so. He/she will say what is on the Father's heart for things to come, or what will be going on in a personal matter, words of knowledge. But they will give clarity of what is already written in the Word!!! When we read what the word has for us as far as prophecy, so many things are still waiting to be fulfilled, now what if everyone in those times said, they haven't come to pass so therefore must not be of God. Be careful and ask God for discernent and for clarity so as to not just walk away from something that may change your life!!! :noidea:

Thanks for the hug !!

I trust the Lord in being My Good Shepherd. He warned me ahead of time before I was confronted with a supernatural event that I was to serve Jesus Christ and not something else in His name. I was impressed upon the urgency of making that decision and found that even though I said.. well You Lord.. of course... the urgency was still there as He did before when He warned me about other things that came to pass and so I said.. Please help me to do it.... and He did. My foot was slipping, but the Lord prevented me from falling. I walked away from the supernatural event and He led me to His Words to discern it as not of the Lord. Since the indwelling Holy spirit seeks to glorify Jesus Christ and not speak of himself, then any glory going to these visitations saying it is the Holy Spirit and thus glorying in that experience is not of the Lord for the Holy Spirit does not seek glory nor worship, but seeks to points us to Jesus... testify of Him and thereby glorify Jesus Christ becasue His name is above every other name. The only thing the supernatural event did was chnage the way the wayward believers worshipped by not seeking His face when they broaden the Way to see the coming or falling of what they claim to be the Holy Ghost when He is in us.

Anyway... as laughter brought chaos in the worship service that sunday before I visited my aunt in Missouri, so did chaos reigned when people came forward to fall down and do body twitching the day I visited. Only one person laughed non stop. I saw fakers and I saw some seeking for a supernatural touch and one waved his hand in front of his closed eyes to make him feel the air and then he felt it to collapsed and the person laughed in faking him out. But I felt the supernatural presence of being pushed from behind three times and no one was anywhere near me behind me in the pew so thus confused I went forward. I know it was not of God because it edified not in the knowledge of Jesus. It just changed the way they worship into chaos....from christianity to spirituanity.

Anyway... I thank the Lord for helping me discern by His Word what He warned me about that was coming. All invitations points to Jesus... none to the Holy Ghost. It is by accepting Jsus as Our Saviour... believeing on Him that I have received the spirit of promise.. the seal of adoption.. the Holy Ghost... thereby I can rest in Him and not go chasing after the Holy Ghost at all nor revel in the supernatural experience and glorify something else in His name to preach another spirit other than the one I had already received.

Again... thank you, Jesus!! Amen.