IGNORED

Why go easy on "prophets"

S.A.Laffin

WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT

Musings On The House Of Worthy And On The Beloved Found There

:24:

CHILDREN OF GRACE

Most Posts Are Read And Written By God's Kids.

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Ephesians 5:19

Grace Is Their Banner And Love Rules.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

GUESTS

Many Folk Daily Search Worthy Hoping To See God.

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

Folks Are Even Joining Up Just So They Can Question God And His Kids.

And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Luke 11:9

Or Folks Are Posting Just To Rail Against The Light, Against The Lord Jesus.

Some Even Call Their Anger "Science" Imagine That!

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
John 3:19-20

BUSINESS

Folks May Receive The Lord Or They May Reject The Lord.

In This Life We May Never Know.

After All It's God's Business.

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

TREASURE

The Gift Of Life

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Is Wise Knowledge

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1 Corinthians 2:2

And Leads To Eternal Fellowship

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
Psalms 133:1

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Brother Joe,

Jesus did not dismiss these types of issues within the church. In fact He warned to get these things cleared up as well. He spoke directly to "the churches". They were serious issues, and the church cannot be so puffed up that it will not acknowledge what it's dirty laundry is. We've got to look at "ourselves/the body", and deal with what is taking place.

Revelation 2

2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. 3 You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. 4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. 5 Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. 6 But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. 7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

8 "To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: 9 I know your afflictions and your poverty--yet you are rich! I know the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. 10 Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life. 11 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.

12 "To the angel of the church in Pergamum write: 13 I know where you live--where Satan has his throne. Yet you remain true to my name. You did not renounce your faith in me, even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was put to death in your city--where Satan lives. 14 Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: You have people there who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin by eating food sacrificed to idols and by committing sexual immorality. 15 Likewise you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. 16 Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. 17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

18 "To the angel of the church in Thyatira write: 19 I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first. 20 Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21 I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. 22 So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds. 24 Now I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, to you who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned Satan's so-called deep secrets (I will not impose any other burden on you): 25 Only hold on to what you have until I come. 26 To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations-- 27 'He will rule them with an iron scepter; he will dash them to pieces like pottery'-- 27 just as I have received authority from my Father. 28 I will also give him the morning star. 29 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Dear Wayne,

You're only reading 1/2 of my posts. I'm spoke of the following, and you totally disregarded it in regard to the deceiving:

We look at the fruit, and if the fruit is coveteousness and greed, massive materialism, etc., then I would consider that the "taking" from the flock, rather than "feeding" of the flock.

I don't think you're really reading what I'm talking about.

There are specifics here.

Why are we ignoring the obvious with regard to these preachers?

In His Love,

Suzanne

It's a man thing Suzanne. My wife tells me I only listen to half of what she says. :emot-wave:

On the other hand, I'm not sure you get what I am saying either. NO ONE is ignoring anything. I just believe it does NO good to expose the "perceived" liar but rather the ONLY way to truly help people is to FEED them God's TRUTH found in Scripture as the Holy Spirit gives understanding. When a perceived liar is exposed, all sorts of people jump on the bandwagon and like a bunch of vultures on a carcass, pick apart the pieces feeding the flesh rather than the spirit. THAT is NOT spiritually healthy!

OUR focus is on Jesus Christ. OUR source of knowledge is His Word. We seek only the wisdom of the Holy Spirit. We do what we are led to do by God and do not concern ourselves with pleasing anyone but Him.

Suzanne, are you aware that just last night we had to ban a member for initiating rants against those who he perceived as wolves? In essence, he lumped all pentecostal denominations into one big cult... including the Assemblies of God. :laugh: Like I said, we all have our perceptions and that's fine but they should not be shared publicly unless we have have 1st hand witness and even then, when it comes to our brethren, our desire should be restoration and not condemnation.

Love ya!

Wayne

postscript: I gotta get some work done today so I won't be around much. :emot-hug:

It's a man thing Suzanne. My wife tells me I only listen to half of what she says.

Well, seeing that I'm married, I should have known! :emot-wave: Oh, well, at least I know it's nothing personal.

God bless.

Don't work toooo hard Wayne.

:emot-hug:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Lists or no lists of "false prophets" is not what I am hoping people will turn to after considering this question. I just want to know why false prophets are overlooked. Many times, solid Bible teaching preachers are found on stage or "station" with false prophets and seem o.k. with it because "at least a good message is getting out." This is ridiculous, why is it that so many false prophets are almost protected from being rebuked because "some are being saved through their ministry." It is about time Christians confront these false prophets and purify the body of Christ.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

have you tried praying for them and asking god to do what he needs to do in their lives ? i am a christian i have friends who are prophets and i can tel you its not a simple walk for these men i know

most of the times they get not suport from with in and are often alone these men are like me and you and i am sure they know they wil face god if any one is lied to or taken down a wrong path

i remember some one else starting a topic on beeny hinn and he got jumped on very fast and i even said if you are that worried think before posting some thing as i said if you are that worried write to the man stop bashing him on this forum as you do not know who could be reading this from with in his own members sooner or latter the topic was not to be seen on worthy

how about we let god deal with the false prophets or if one is that worried how about you question them your selves

we are to be very care full and we need to let god deal with this as only god knows what is in a persons heart

i pray for the ones i know as these guys are left wide open to be attacked by the enemy do you feel that you can do what these men do ? if god wear to place the challange and say i want you to walk in this calling as a prophet wil you openly obey the lord or wil you say i can not do this lord

i stated how i was taught to pick out false prophets and evan false teachers and pastors and every time i depend on the holy spirit not once has he let me down as i was able to pick them out and i have even confronted a few this is how strong my faith is in the lord as i go by one rule let god be god i have no right to judge if i am that worried would i sit and wine or would i take the stand and confront

yet this is just the way i am what we need to be worried about my friend is the false religons out their that are doing more harm than good like the mormans the brethren the jahova wittnesses the hindus and the muslims

these are the people we should be confronting instead of attacking the prophets and worrying about the false prophets

i just hope this thread does not become like the benny hinn one wear we say something with out thinking

pray and let god be god i stand on my own to what i say hear to i just do not tap no one on the shoulder and agree with them as god has given me a voice and i should be able to use that voice

peace from damo

We are going easy on "false" prophets, because they have risen up "among us". And we have been told that we should not have "divisions" among ourselves. That alone is the main reason that we don't discern the good from the false anymore, because if we do, we're deemed trouble-makers, rather than defenders of the faith. When the false is among our own, we don't know what to do about it anymore, because we have been lied to, and told we are supposed to keep quiet, rather than speak, defend and expose the deceivers.

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. 31 Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.

Jude :3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. 4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God F2 and our Lord Jesus Christ.

So, for the sake of unity, the deception has crept in unawares. We have ceased to contend for the faith and allowed deceptions to rule, under the guise of love and unity.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

A good question to ask is does the prophet or prophecy pass the Deuteronomy 18 test?

But, once he has been proven wrong by the test, are we supposed to kill him as Deuteronomy 18:20 indicates?

:):)

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1 :)

ok i am going to ask those that are openly arguing or having this subject pulled one way by the way i dont swing to the left or to the right i stay in the center and i also have a voice and i have pulled people like this up my self but i do not openly push a subject such as this in cyber space

sevral hear think they have this right to do this yet what wil happen if you face god on judgment day and he wear to rebuke you openly for the way you do judge prophets ?

i mean if you stand by your faith if you stand by gods word and like to openly carry on like this to wear i see this topic is going to get know wear any way and if we are to how do i say it walk in unity stand together why is it that this group is always being openly attacked on a forum

i did this with one person i am not going to name names but what i did i printed what was being said in a topic that was set up on worthy boards

i contacted the ministry that was being complained about in cyber space and said i am sending you something i want you to read this and please think of joining worthy and it would be of benifit to you and us as well to join

i om also the person my self that was not hearing any one out it was geting too personal and i said to him if you have anything agianst false prophets tv preachers and their ministrys you wirhe a letter your self and you tell them other wise stop openly attacking some one you no nothing about in cyber space

i got an email sent back to me saying thank you we are thinking about this we are hurt by the words that have been spoken in cyber space and at the same time cracking up as wel by the silly comments

and then in the end it said thank you brother at least you have your head on and are mature enough not to go down this path

so if we know what it says in our bible and if we know we are going to face god on judgment day why do we have to have this topic being pulled to one way

please do not twist my words or try to correct me i read all the posts that have been placed hear on this topic and i went over these posts a second time just so i my self am hearing what people are saying

and to me it seems this topic is being pulled one way

how on earth can some one pick a false prophet and why would you go looking for false prophets is this what people are doing know when it comes to sunday church do we sit in church and see who we can pick out ?

peace from damo

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

damo1 :)

ok i am going to ask those that are openly arguing or having this subject pulled one way by the way i dont swing to the left or to the right i stay in the center and i also have a voice and i have pulled people like this up my self but i do not openly push a subject such as this in cyber space

sevral hear think they have this right to do this yet what wil happen if you face god on judgment day and he wear to rebuke you openly for the way you do judge prophets ?

i mean if you stand by your faith if you stand by gods word and like to openly carry on like this to wear i see this topic is going to get know wear any way and if we are to how do i say it walk in unity stand together why is it that this group is always being openly attacked on a forum

i did this with one person i am not going to name names but what i did i printed what was being said in a topic that was set up on worthy boards

i contacted the ministry that was being complained about in cyber space and said i am sending you something i want you to read this and please think of joining worthy and it would be of benifit to you and us as well to join

i om also the person my self that was not hearing any one out it was geting too personal and i said to him if you have anything agianst false prophets tv preachers and their ministrys you wirhe a letter your self and you tell them other wise stop openly attacking some one you no nothing about in cyber space

i got an email sent back to me saying thank you we are thinking about this we are hurt by the words that have been spoken in cyber space and at the same time cracking up as wel by the silly comments

and then in the end it said thank you brother at least you have your head on and are mature enough not to go down this path

so if we know what it says in our bible and if we know we are going to face god on judgment day why do we have to have this topic being pulled to one way

please do not twist my words or try to correct me i read all the posts that have been placed hear on this topic and i went over these posts a second time just so i my self am hearing what people are saying

and to me it seems this topic is being pulled one way

how on earth can some one pick a false prophet and why would you go looking for false prophets is this what people are doing know when it comes to sunday church do we sit in church and see who we can pick out ?

peace from damo

damo,

I am not suggesting that we start a false prophet hunting ministry, or spend a special time each week in church listing off all of the false prophets. I do not think that we should fear pointing out false prophets, I believe that the scriptures are very clear that false prophets should not be ignored. If we ignore false prophets we are allowing the corruption into the church.

To answer your question "how on earth can some one pick a false prophet?" False prophets are any prophets who claim to be speaking the word of God and are not. Any "prophet" who makes a prophecy and it does not come to pass, or is shown in some other way to be false, that person is a false prophet and should be removed from God's family. Is repentance possible? Probably, but that person cannot continue to prophesy falsely and simply repent every time they are shown to be a false prophet. It is time we respect God and his word. Ignoring false prophets does not respect God or his word.