• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I have been wondering about this for awhile now. Looking at how the cells and body systems work together, it seems almost perfect. The way the eye operates and how each cell manages to stay alive. The way each body system works flawlessly in the overall system. So this made me wonder, if we really are evolving on a major scale, what could possibly happen next?

So here is my question: what do you think the human race might look like in 100 million years? What "upgrades" could we have?

P.S. For the sake of the discussion, assume that the human race will survive 100 million years.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

No, we won't grow wings because the lizzards already climbed the trees and jumped off enough times for their scales to turn to feathers and they learned to fly, and then somehow some turned into chimps which became us. Oh wait, that's an old theory. That's right, the birds came down from the trees, the feathers turned into scales and birds became lizzards and they became chimps which became us. I don't know how all of the internal bone structure, digestive system, cardio-pulminary system, and gastrointestinal system all accidentally got rearranged to be specifically advantages to each kind of critter, but there you have it.

If we "evolved" up and we are the ultimate of evolution, why didn't we keep hooves so our feet wouldn't need shoes, or lots of hair so we wouldn't need clothing. It sure is lucky that we evolved the ability to make shoes just when we lost our hooves. :emot-handshake:

Well, I think I will just stick with Truth found in God's word, and my next stop is a glorified body in my eternal home. :P

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

I have been wondering about this for awhile now. Looking at how the cells and body systems work together, it seems almost perfect. The way the eye operates and how each cell manages to stay alive. The way each body system works flawlessly in the overall system. So this made me wonder, if we really are evolving on a major scale, what could possibly happen next?

So here is my question: what do you think the human race might look like in 100 million years? What "upgrades" could we have?

P.S. For the sake of the discussion, assume that the human race will survive 100 million years.

I would hate to think! Hope we are all in Heaven before then! :emot-nod:

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Haha, well as humorous as that all was, I'd like a few evolutionists viewpoints here. Any takers?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I think, IF we survive that long, that we will look much as we do today. Humans don't evolve. :taped:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

No, we won't grow wings because the lizzards already climbed the trees and jumped off enough times for their scales to turn to feathers and they learned to fly, and then somehow some turned into chimps which became us. Oh wait, that's an old theory. That's right, the birds came down from the trees, the feathers turned into scales and birds became lizzards and they became chimps which became us. I don't know how all of the internal bone structure, digestive system, cardio-pulminary system, and gastrointestinal system all accidentally got rearranged to be specifically advantages to each kind of critter, but there you have it.

If we "evolved" up and we are the ultimate of evolution, why didn't we keep hooves so our feet wouldn't need shoes, or lots of hair so we wouldn't need clothing. It sure is lucky that we evolved the ability to make shoes just when we lost our hooves. :taped:

Well, I think I will just stick with Truth found in God's word, and my next stop is a glorified body in my eternal home. :taped:

<>< ><>

Nathele

:taped:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

A few maybe's

1. We'll lose the appendix with time as we don't eat grass anymore

2. The cocyx or tailbone will eventually go.

3. Depending on how hot or cold it will be will determine if we lose or gain more pigmentation in our skin.

4. More genetic diseases will arise but advances in medicine will help us overcome today's modern illneses.

5. Not evolutionary but maybe we'll learn form the mistakes of the past, get along better with each other. See the citizens of earth not as people from different countries but as fellow humans. Peace and tolerance while having a bit of crack at the same time

and what i really want

6. Mutations give us superpowers like in the Series Heroes. Hiro is such a cool charachter. Later hombres.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

evolutionary theory has a huge problem avoiding first cause. cells that mutate are usually sick and do not create soething entirely differnt but something ill.

One needs to look at their heart when they see all the handiwork of creation and want to deny The Creator.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Can we please have some replies on topic please. It's 10 posts now and its a simple question.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

In response to the original topic:

Evolution over the next 100 million years will be far different than it has been in the past. Humanity has come to the point where "survival of the fittest" is no longer necessarily true. The rise of civilized culture and medicine means that far more people are able to survive for longer in the modern day world, increasing the probability for reproduction. This means that evolution will operate much more inefficiently than it has in the past due to our mental capacity to overcome the mechanisms that have classically driven evolution.

Where our technology overcomes evolution though, it also introduces new variables into the equation. For example, the ease of world travel now days (and most likely more so in the future) will probably lead to a disappearance of races given enough time through interracial reproduction. The reason we have different races today is simply due to the fact that groups of prehistoric humans became geographically remote from eachother...leading to unique changes in each group to better suit their environments. This geographic barrier has disappeared and, given enough time, so might races.

I also see the possibility that mankind becomes increasingly weaker physically while increasing greatly in mental capacity. Modern day conveniences have made the need for physical strength less and less mandatory for survival. Also, you could say that people of greater intelligence tend to take better care of their health than those who don't know any better. This may lead to evolutionary changes over time.

You might try googling this too, I know there has been quite alot of speculation about this subject.