backontrack

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

If all the churches in small towns and cities would band together and stormed city hall and demand prayer be put back into public schools? And the 10 commandments be put back in public places?

Now I am talking about the church members flooding into the city offices in great numbers and refusing to leave until it got so bad for city officials they moved on it!

Has this ever been done anywhere?

Think of it all over America in all cities, wild thinking! :emot-handshake:

you can't mandate/enforce spiritual revival...change has to happen from the inside-out, you would only create discention

Dissention!

Look at things now is this not dissension! Change happens when people have had enough and I along with many others have had enough! Do you think a battle has ever been won unless someone stepped up to the plate, the church needs to step up now! I thought we were fighting a battle not playing dead! :P:emot-handshake:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I know that there are many conservative Christians who are public school teachers. I have often wondered what would happen if they all left the public school system and taught at Christian Schools. By teaching at public schools, they are basically being forced to deny Christ. I know many of them have found ways to quietly witness to the kids, and I know of at least one man who is president of the school board here and takes an active part in school. When the kids go on a field trip he will often go along and before they eat he asks one of the kids to lead in grace! I think that's great.

I homeschool my daughter and it has been such a blessing that God has allowed me to do this.

<>< ><>

Nathele

we are not called to political revolution/activism, but to changing hearts and minds one-to-one

I Thessalonians 4

But we urge you, brethren, that you increase more and more; that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.

I'm not a monk I am a follower of Jesus Christ and he sure voiced his opinion on many occasions!

Wake up oh ye dead church and let the promises of the most High come alive in your heart and start walking in the truth and the light!

Speak up and let the light of his righteousness shine bright. Speak to that mountain in an audible voice and move it with the word of God. I will be silent no more! :emot-nod:

I know that there are many conservative Christians who are public school teachers. I have often wondered what would happen if they all left the public school system and taught at Christian Schools. By teaching at public schools, they are basically being forced to deny Christ. I know many of them have found ways to quietly witness to the kids, and I know of at least one man who is president of the school board here and takes an active part in school. When the kids go on a field trip he will often go along and before they eat he asks one of the kids to lead in grace! I think that's great.

I homeschool my daughter and it has been such a blessing that God has allowed me to do this.

<>< ><>

Nathele

My concern is not for those who are saved but for those who are lost. I believe in home schooling but what about the less fortunate who cannot escape. Who will defend them the brick wall or the silent church? I have to be blunt here because our schools are falling apart! :emot-nod: Sometime it is a hard thing to say it with Love we must speak up my brothers!

• Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

These kids need alot more than school prayer. They need us to offer to pick them up and take them to church, they need us to witness to their families, they need us to let our light shine for them, they need our unconditional love.

These kids need alot more than school prayer. They need us to offer to pick them up and take them to church, they need us to witness to their families, they need us to let our light shine for them, they need our unconditional love.

Getting God back in school is a start! This would free up many doors closed if we stand together and demand change. Their is strength in numbers! Any Christian activists out their that want change! :taped::taped: Not for the weak!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Getting God back in school is a start! This would free up many doors closed if we stand together and demand change. Their is strength in numbers! Any Christian activists out their that want change! :taped::taped: Not for the weak!

I actually agree with your thinking here, backontrack. The islamists demand their rights, the atheists demand theirs; why can't the Christian majority demand to see our rights upheld? Why do we just accept the creeping secularism and anti-Christian agenda being pushed in our schools? We pay school taxes; isn't ignoring Christian values taxation without representation? :taped:

• Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Yes it certainly is a start! Your heart is in the right place. :taped:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

The last year my daughter was in public school I learned a lot. Her teacher had been a teacher at the local Christian school, but could make more money at the public school (the Christian school had to close). Some of my concerns were based on religion. The class had done a very in depth study of the American Indian and their religion. We even did a field trip to watch a play about their idea of how the world was created. This was one problem I saw, but in another class there was a boy whose mother was Jewish. She was allowed in to have a Chanukah (sp?) ceremony with the whole class. There was another teacher who was Jehovah Witness. He was allowed to hand out tracts and talk about his heresey in class. But I couldn't mention Jesus. I went in after school one day to discuss this with the teacher and she was really afraid that the Jehovah Witness (whose classroom was next to hers) would hear me say Jesus (I was not talking loud). I was really taken aback. This lady was a Christian but denied her Lord. This and many other issues that had to do with quality of education (spelling words were sent home for study and they were spelled wrong, math was more of a sideline and not important to understand), discipline (one little girl complained to the teacher that a boy had pulled up her blouse and she got in trouble for tattling - she should have said "Please stop that I don't like it" and not involved the teacher).

I really could go on an on and on about this subject. We took our daughter out of school after 5th grade and she is in 12th grade now. Our biggest mistake was ever sending her to public school in the first place. There has been a sacrifice of sorts on our part, but the advantages outweigh the sacrifice so much that it isn't even an issue. Homeschooling is a commitment, but with so many Christian based cirriculum out there to choose from, it is quite easy and fun. I learn so much, too.

Yes, if all of the Christian teachers got out of the public school system, there would be a lot of little souls who are left to flounder. But aren't our own children important? We send them to public school and they are taught unBiblical lessons. We expect them to be "salt and light" to their classmates, but how many youngsters are able - or willing - to go against the crowd and stand up for Jesus. In 2nd grade my daughter was being inundated with evolution and I was trying my best to teach her what the Bible says. Well, her classmates and her teacher were saying something different and so they had to be right. She couldn't say anything different, even if she had been brave enough to go against her teacher and her peers, because that would mean bringing up God. Today she is quite a defender of her faith! I am very proud of her.

<>< ><>

Nathele