ray

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Why do we put sin into classifications? some worse than others... true but if all sin equal what is different from lying to murder to stealing to not picking up the phone when your home.

How do you know what sinner looks like vs the other?

If they have truly repented and have shown and demonsrtated that they have changed and repented why do we set boundries on them?

just curious these questions have run through my mind and want to know if there is any answers easy or hard? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Not picking up the phone when we are home?

All sin is bad and sin cannot enter Heaven. As humans I think we tend to put it into catagories based on which is more harmful to our well being. So we look at murder as more of a sin than a lie because the murderer takes a persons life. If the murderer has truly repented, then God has forgotten his sin and so should the Christian. But we are all human and tend to keep on judging others.

In Acts chapter 9 we are told how the Apostles reacted to Saul (Paul) when he had repented and was to join in spreading the Gospel. They were afraid of him and found it hard to trust him. He did prove himself eventually, but it was difficult for them to accept him at first.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

Not picking up the phone when we are home?

All sin is bad and sin cannot enter Heaven. As humans I think we tend to put it into catagories based on which is more harmful to our well being. So we look at murder as more of a sin than a lie because the murderer takes a persons life. If the murderer has truly repented, then God has forgotten his sin and so should the Christian. But we are all human and tend to keep on judging others.

In Acts chapter 9 we are told how the Apostles reacted to Saul (Paul) when he had repented and was to join in spreading the Gospel. They were afraid of him and found it hard to trust him. He did prove himself eventually, but it was difficult for them to accept him at first.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Is it that we keep judging others or that we're afraid to trust them again??? If God forgets the sin, then we should too right? I think some people might label that naive. It's not easy living in this world. I feel trapped sometimes by the right thing to do in Jesus and what people will say about me about forgiving people and calling me naive! I know its silly but I do feel like that sometimes. Thats why I love ROMANS 7:7-25 Struggling With Sin. It's great scripture!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  278
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/22/1962

The concept that all sin is equal is just not scriptural. Read proverbs, there are some sins that are especially bad, some things that God hates with greater passion. Speaking harshly to my wife is not even in the same ballpark as slapping her which is not even in the same state as murder. Sins are different in their severity and in their need for punishment.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  278
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/22/1962

Concerning judging others, shoot, I walk in too much self-deception to even begin to judge others. I have a shirt. On the front is says "I'm OK, You're OK" with a big NOT sign around it. On the back it says, "Truth is, I'm a Mess and I think You're an even bigger Mess!" Let's leave the judging to God and focus on loving God and eachother more.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

the reason some people do this is they them selves somtimes behave like those in their own comunitys

and the reason sin is more seriouse than others is that its just the way it is the bible tells us christians how to deal with sin and the holy spirit with in us will in our walk as we begin to grow and feed from his word he will bring certain things that need to be dealt with the only worse sin that i know is this one

Matthew 12

32 Anyone who speaks a word against the son of man wil be forgiven but anyone who speaks against the holy spirit will not be forgiven either in this age or in the age to come

the bible gives out simple guide lines for us to abide by Romans 6 is the one i stick to as it tells me how to deal with this dead to sin alive in christ verses 1- 14

then jesus tells us also in the lords prayer Matthew 6

14 for if you forgive men when they sin against you your heavenly father will also forgive you

15 but if you do not forgive men their sins your father wil not forgive you your sins

then their is adultery Matthew 5 27-37

Murder Matthew 5 21--26

and so on

yet the reason people do not let go even puzzles me i have noticed some will hold on to the hurt and will not let it go i have had plenty look down on me as i served twice when i was young and when i told the people in my church in the testimony that i shared i was told by a close freind sevral did not trust me among the breathren with in the unitting church i found my self in

i use to do this as wel when i was not a christian i use to hold on to grudges and would find it hard to let go if some one wronged me i would stew on this for over 4 months working my son is even doing this know if you wrong him as my x wife told me he had picked up my old habbit but he is learning as i had to learn when i became a christian and that is to let it go but tel the person who has greived you that you hurt me when confronting do it in a jentle way and then also let them have their say and then forgive them

we also live in a sin full world who does not want to have anything to do with god

just an off the wall question here, because i really don't have anything useful to contribute...

since when is not answering the phone a sin? there is no law, man made or God made, that requires one to answer.