• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Vickilynn,

Pray for discernment in regards to John 5:22,23 then.

Shalom Poor,

I have read John 5:22, 23 BUT, I was asking YOU what YOU want us to see in this.

And no.... the crux of my argument is not about the Holy Spirit not being God. I have made enough posts in this thread to declare that the Holy Spirit is God.

Actually, since you are lowering the Holy Spirit, you are not recognizing that He is equally Divine and equally G-d with the Father and the Son. The things you are saying are simply not Scriptural concerning the G-dhead. And as such you are not correctly relating to the Holy Spirit as G-d, equally G-d.

You need to consider that the Scriptures FORBID the speaking against the Holy Spirit, as you are doing:

Matt. 12:32, "And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come."

And no, Scripture does not back you up since you are not interpreting Scripture correctly by saying we should not worship the Holy Spirit.

Please, pray for discernment and with an open mind and heart, READ the Scriptures and references I posted. You will see that Scripture does not back up your doctrine.

You want a recommended resource about the Holy Spirit? King James Version with the Lord Jesus to grant you wisdom for discerning by His Words. To look to anything else is like saying, Jesus is not able to teach me through His Words.... but yet He has promised us so.

There are wonderful books that help us understand the Scriptures better. I encourage you to learn all you can about the Holy Spirit and His Divinity and His functions. If you choose to only use the Bible that's great, but there is nothing wrong in using study helps.

And, BTW, the KJV is not the ONLY bible. I don't use the KJV, but I prefer the ESV and NASB.

WHAT greater hypocrisey can there be if people call for the Holy Spirit to fall on them if He is already in Him according to the faith?

This shows that you truly do not understand about the Holy Spirit and what He does.

He FILLS us daily as we surrender to Him. If course He indwells us when we are born-again, but He also fills us continually IF we let Him. And we have to surrender to Him to not quench the Spirit.

We are told by Paul to live the Christian life by BEING FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT. That is not a one-time thing, it is continually being filled, daily, as we live out the Christian life. We are indwelt and we are to be filled. We must surrender ourselves, daily.

Ephesians 5: 18And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,

The mentality of going after the Holy Spirit can be found in the hymnals.

This is so strange! Why do you attack the "hymnals"? As I said, in our church, we don't use "hymnals" and what if we did? They are just songs, not the Bible. You want to talk about the Bible, then what difference do the hymnals make?

Again.. pray for discernment.

I pray that YOU will as well, for you are misunderstanding the Scriptures.

1 Tim. 4:1, "But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,"

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

Hi Poorinspirit,

When I pray I pray in Jesus name, Sometimes I ask in prayer that Father God fill me to overflowing with His Holy Spirit that I might be a good ambassador for Him. Or whatever I feel the need of an infilling o the spirit for. I most certainly am not opening myself up to demons as I am praying to Father God. God guides me using His Holy Spirit He is after all our comforter and is to guide us daily. We should know who He is and not ignore Him. I am not talking about praying to the Holy Spirit, I have already said I pray to God in Jesus name.

Does this make sense. There is also another post where the question asked was In what name do you pray, I think all answered in Jesus name.

:)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

poorinspirit,

Frankly your points make you seem like you are seperating the Holy Spirit from God. He is God. God Himself by the sacrifice of His Son through His Sprit is now in us. I thank God for the Holy Spirit, for without Him we DO NOT have God's Life in us.

We have the Triune God in us, Praise God Saints. We have God living in us. :)

Hi ruck1,

Pray for discernment. We are living in perlious times.

I am not seperating the Holy Spirit from God. I know He is God. Did the Holy Spirit died on the cross? No. Who did? Jesus. The point is.. there are different roles for each Person of this Triune God. We must recognize the parameters of these roles and why Jesus' name is above every other name, because of seducing spirits in the world.

I'm glad you know He is in us. Do you also declare that is the faith and when people call for the Holy Spirit to fall on them again and again.... that is not of faith? Thus goes to the need for testing the spirits and recognizing the role of the Holy Ghost in relations to Jesus Christ the Lord.

1 John 2: 18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 20But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. 25And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. 26These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 28And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. 29If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

1 John 3: 22And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error. 7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

2 Corinthians 13: 5Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

1 Timothy 4: 1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

For all those that are on the rollercoaster ride of what they claim to be the Holy Spirit, and they hunger for more of that... for more of God....

John 6: 35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Jeremiah 50: 6My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace. 7All that found them have devoured them: and their adversaries said, We offend not, because they have sinned against the LORD, the habitation of justice, even the LORD, the hope of their fathers.

Luke 13: 24Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

So there is the need for discernment by His Words in what is going on in some of the churches today... and the hymnals that are errant are pointing them in that direction of the broad way.

Guest shiloh357
So there is the need for discernment by His Words in what is going on in some of the churches today... and the hymnals that are errant are pointing them in that direction of the broad way.
As I have already pointed out, most of the hymns are simply asking the Holy Spirit to continue to work in them, to continue to operate in their lives.

I would also refrain from implying that those who sing or who wrote those hymns, are not really in the faith. You have posted a number of Scriptures which frankly, you have taken from their context and applied them inappropriately to this issue. In doing so, you are using the Bible in a manner that you do not have the right or authority to use it.

I saw nothing in the hymns that was unscriptural or "errant." You have, up to this not really provided much support to your assertion that they are in fact, errant or unscriptural. You have simply made the assertion and operated from the assumption that it is true. It is clear that you have not really put this assumption to any objective test in order to judge its accuracy.

Poorinspirit,

I hear where you are coming from, but if I might and please bear with me for a moment, I would like to highlight some of the things the Holy Spirit is and does:

• The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, fully divine.
  • He inspired holy men of old to write the Scriptures.
  • Through illumination, He enables men to understand truth.
  • He exalts Christ.
  • He convicts men of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. He calls men to the Saviour, and effects regeneration.
  • At the moment of regeneration He baptizes every believer into the Body of Christ.
  • He cultivates Christian character, comforts believers, and bestows the spiritual gifts by which they serve God through His church.
  • He seals the believer unto the day of final redemption.
  • His presence in the Christian is the guarantee that God will bring the believer into the fullness of the stature of Christ.
  • He enlightens and empowers the believer and the church in worship, evangelism, and service.

(Source: Baptist Faith and Message)

The above list is not meant to be exhaustive, but provides a relatively good understanding of the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer.

Many Hymns are written to acknowledge the work of the Holy Spirit in these areas. The hymns you listed are simply songs of surrender and supplication asking for Holy Spirit who is God, to continue the work He has begun.

I would also point out that there is no directive in the Word of God NOT to pray to, or speak to the Holy Spirit. Also, keep in mind that the Holy Spirit can be communded with. How would one commune/fellowship with the Holy Spirit outside of prayer?

Poorinspirit, you said the following:

What ABOUT Jesus? Is the Holy Spirit the mediator? Nope. Is Jesus? Yes.

1 Timothy 2: 5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

So if a person prays to the Holy Spirit, what does that do to Jesus? Downplaying Him as the mediator.

Is that honoring Jesus as the only mediator between God and man when someone prays to the Holy Ghost? Nope.

None of the hymns that you cited offer prayer to the Holy Spirit as a mediator. Jesus is our mediator/High Priest who makes intercession for our sake before the Father. None of the hymns you cited ask the Holy Spirit for forgiveness of sin.

The items concerning the role of the Holy Spirit have one thing in common. They enable and equip us to glorify God. The Holy Spirit imparts power to us through various means in order that we can effective in lifting up and glorifying our Heavenly Father and, therefore, it would be fitting that we ask the Holy Spirit to continue that work within us, which is what I see in those hymns.

Hi shiloh357,

The Holy Spirit is that seal of adoption. He does not "seals" believers unto the day of redemption.

Intercessions does not mean for the forgiveness of sins. It means prayer. To mediate means as a go between. Jesus is the only go between.

John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Still not convinced?

John 10: 1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.....7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The Holy Spirit cannot exalt Christ if He takes the place of the mediator which the real Holy Spirit will not do. The Holy Spirit cannot be the go between if He is fulfilling the role as the Comforter.

So there is a directive... plainly stated... points to Jesus. There isn't any directive not to pray to the Holy Spirit because there is no directive to pray to the Holy Spirit when the directive to pray to Jesus or to the Father through Jesus is declared. What is written should be followed.

The hymnals do more than ask for continuation of the work begun.. the singers asks for the Holy Spirit to come. See the unclear representation of the faith in those songs? How can a song ask for the continuance of the Holy Spirit to work in their lives with a repeated request for it to come and fall on them? Plus.. it is errant in that it addresses the Holy Spirit. So how does that work? when one prays like that... are you looking up or at your chest? If the Holy Spirit seeks to exalt Christ, He is tesifying and seeks to glorify Jesus.... then you better believe Holy Spirit is not wanting you to pray to Himself or address Him in songs. How can the Holy Spirit exalts Christ if He leads people in songs about Himself?

Sorry... but the Holy Spirit is the Divine Witness. He does not speak of himself nor care to lead others to speak of him in songs or prayers when He seesk to exalt Christ. That is what a faithful witness does... not speak of himself to seek any glory of his own.

John 7: 18He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

What did John the Baptist say? Did he continue to declare himself to be the appointed voice in that wilderness after Jesus had come?

John 3: 28Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. 29He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30He must increase, but I must decrease.

So that is why I am seen as negating the Holy Spirit, but I am not. He seeks to decrease in the spotlight as He seeks to exalt Christ Jesus because Jesus' name is above every other name. It is the people that are dishonoring Jesus by honoring the Holy Spirit which the Holy Spirit does not seek for us to do.

All invitations still points to Jesus. Warnings are given to strive ye to enter through that strait gate to believers in being ready and found abiding in Him by the grace of God. To broaden the Way in practise what is clearly not written to do either... run the risk of a relationship of I know ye not because it is a work of iniquity in dishonoring the Son as the only mediator between God and man.

Pray for discernment through the reading of His words... not by any other source.

hi hopper,

I

Shalom Poor,

I have read John 5:22, 23 BUT, I was asking YOU what YOU want us to see in this.

When you are not honoring the Son, you are no longer honoring the Father. You cannot honor the Holy Spirit for that is not honoring the Son. The holy Spirit in you does not seek it if He seeks to exalt Christ, then He will not fail to glorify Jesus by having you glorify Him (Holy Spirit).

And no.... the crux of my argument is not about the Holy Spirit not being God. I have made enough posts in this thread to declare that the Holy Spirit is God.

Actually, since you are lowering the Holy Spirit, you are not recognizing that He is equally Divine and equally G-d with the Father and the Son. The things you are saying are simply not Scriptural concerning the G-dhead. And as such you are not correctly relating to the Holy Spirit as G-d, equally G-d.

You need to consider that the Scriptures FORBID the speaking against the Holy Spirit, as you are doing:

Matt. 12:32, "And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come."

And no, Scripture does not back you up since you are not interpreting Scripture correctly by saying we should not worship the Holy Spirit.

If the Holy Spirit seek to testify of Jesus Christ and glorify Jesus Christ... how can He lead us to do that if we are glorifying the Holy Spirit? Answer.. the Holy Spirit would not lead us to do that.

There are wonderful books that help us understand the Scriptures better. I encourage you to learn all you can about the Holy Spirit and His Divinity and His functions. If you choose to only use the Bible that's great, but there is nothing wrong in using study helps.

And you did not discern those books by the word of God, did you? Someone once told me that a cult is when they tell you nine truths and slip in one lie, then it becomes a cult. so pray.

And, BTW, the KJV is not the ONLY bible. I don't use the KJV, but I prefer the ESV and NASB.

Well..... if ever a crisis be in your life and those versions don't help with whatever apostasy that comes across your path, then check the KJV. You will find the actual meaning of His words in there. I mean it.

WHAT greater hypocrisey can there be if people call for the Holy Spirit to fall on them if He is already in Him according to the faith?

This shows that you truly do not understand about the Holy Spirit and what He does.

He FILLS us daily as we surrender to Him. If course He indwells us when we are born-again, but He also fills us continually IF we let Him. And we have to surrender to Him to not quench the Spirit.

We are told by Paul to live the Christian life by BEING FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT. That is not a one-time thing, it is continually being filled, daily, as we live out the Christian life. We are indwelt and we are to be filled. We must surrender ourselves, daily.

Ephesians 5: 18And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,

Now see? Here is why I go to the KJV.

Ephesians 5: 18And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

That excess part is the key to actual meaning in understanding His Words. In wine there is excess, but not so with the Spirit. You are filled. When you are sober, temperance or self control.. the fruit of the Spirit is still there. It was the wine that brought on the works of the flesh... drunkenness. So the call is to remain in self control and not be drunk with wine where there is excess. Once you are filled.. that is it. You are His. You do not lose a little bit of the Holy Spirit to even alot of the Holy Spirit. You are a new creature in Christ and thus you are preserved..as in that "seal" of adoption Whom is the Holy Spirit.

Luke 5: 36And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old. 37And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish. 38But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.

2 Corinthians 5: 17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Colossians 2: 5For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

So no more continual filling, AND that is according to scriptures. See how much the KJV discerned? Isn't that wonderful news to have in Christ Jesus? Doesn't that make one rest in Him as He has promised there would be a rest in Him and not seek a continual filling as if continually thirsty or hungry? Remember this invitation again in John 6:35? It includes a promise.

John 6: 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

And that is why the Holy Spirit in us is still pointing believers to Christ Jesus.

This is so strange! Why do you attack the "hymnals"? As I said, in our church, we don't use "hymnals" and what if we did? They are just songs, not the Bible. You want to talk about the Bible, then what difference do the hymnals make?

What difference does any sermon make? If a sermon was on getting a divorce is not an unforgiveable sin... does anybody discern that or do we just let that slide? If so... then the next one... committing suicide is not an unforgiveable sin. When does one stand up to correct? So a song can go astray as much as a sermon can. And just because an errant sermon or doctrine is recorded in history, one thinks none of that hersey will influence and creep its thinking into the hymnals. So yes... there is a need to even discern the hymnals as much as published doctrines.

May the Lord cause the increase for I cannot.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  543
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/15/1966

What difference does any sermon make? If a sermon was on getting a divorce is not an unforgiveable sin... does anybody discern that or do we just let that slide? If so... then the next one... committing suicide is not an unforgiveable sin. When does one stand up to correct? So a song can go astray as much as a sermon can. And just because an errant sermon or doctrine is recorded in history, one thinks none of that hersey will influence and creep its thinking into the hymnals. So yes... there is a need to even discern the hymnals as much as published doctrines.

May the Lord cause the increase for I cannot.

Poor, I've really been trying to hang in there and understand the connection you are trying to make. I'm still not succeeding.

But, do you really believe that getting a divorce is an unforgiveable sin? If so, it's time for me to start telling you to pray for discernment, as you have been so bluntly telling us all to do.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

If the Holy Spirit seek to testify of Jesus Christ and glorify Jesus Christ... how can He lead us to do that if we are glorifying the Holy Spirit? Answer.. the Holy Spirit would not lead us to do that.

Shalom Poor,

Wrong. The Holy Spirit IS G-D. We are not glorifying Him alone, but the Triune G-dhead.

And you did not discern those books by the word of God, did you? Someone once told me that a cult is when they tell you nine truths and slip in one lie, then it becomes a cult. so pray

So, you're saying that because I don't agree with you that I am in a cult? :24: You are simply preaching false doctrine.

Please address the COMMAND not to speak ill of the Holy Spirit. You are sinning here.

Please, pray for discernment and with an open mind and heart, READ the Scriptures and references I posted. You will see that Scripture does not back up your doctrine.

FYI, there is nothing wrong or sinful about learning from other books as long as they line up with the Word of G-d. Again,

Well..... if ever a crisis be in your life and those versions don't help with whatever apostasy that comes across your path, then check the KJV. You will find the actual meaning of His words in there. I mean it.

I'm glad you feel that way, but in fact, the Holy Spirit leads us through His Word and the KJV is not any better in my opinion than the ESV or NASB. But, you are welcome to use the KJV if you like. It isn't any holier or any more accurate, but if you like it, enjoy. It holds nothing for me, I don't like it.

Now see? Here is why I go to the KJV.

Ephesians 5: 18And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Even in the KJV it says what I posted: but be filled with the Spirit

We as Believers should be filled continually to overflowing with the Holy Spirit in our lives and we only do this by surrendering our will. Paul states it quite clearly in the KJV AND the ESV. Same words, same meaning. It is a continual filling.

So no more continual filling, AND that is according to scriptures.

Actually, that is a misunderstanding of the Scriptures. We posted the SAME verse with the same words and I see quite clearly that the Holy Spirit works continually in our lives IF we let Him. You don't see that? Perhaps you're not discerning correctly.

The KJV "discerns" nothing, you are exalting a Bible translation. It is the Holy Spirit IN US that discerns, THROUGH Him, all truth.

Please, read the Scriptures for yourself:

1 Cor. 2:11, "For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man, which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God."

John 14:26, "These things I have spoken to you, while abiding with you. 26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

I would love to know where you have gotten his false teaching.

You can ONLY "discern" by the Holy Spirit. Not only are you misusing and twisting Scripture, but it appears as if you truly do not understand G-d, His Triune Nature and even how one is to "discern" anything.

I am very concerned for you. I pray you will open your heart to the truth from Scriptures. May the L-rd bless you.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Once again...

Hi nebula!!

That is not what I had posted. People that call for the Holy Spirit to come when He is in them are departing from the faith and opening themselves up to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. Just because the errant believers call the seducing spirits the Holy Spirit, does not make it so. It is the errant believers that would make the Holy Spirit the center of worship, and the indwelling Holy Spirit does not seek it... but that which is in the world will.

Pray for discernment.

Please consider this:

Acts 4

23 And being let go, they went to their own companions and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said to them. 24 So when they heard that, they raised their voice to God with one accord. . . 31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.

If they had been indwelt already by the Holy Spirit during Pentecost (Acts 2), how is it that they were filled again with the Holy Spirit? Had they somehow lost that initial filling from 2 chapters previously?

Also please consider this:

Luke 11

11 If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"

If the children of God are asking the Father for the Holy Spirit, as Jesus said here, how are we opening ourselves up to seducing spirits? Does that not go contrary to what Jesus said here?