• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

I see salvation very much like a marriage relationship!

I am predestined to be attracted to someone who would be my wife & her to me. the chance for both to meet & fall for each other may be predestined by God. Whether I have would marry her, I can exercise free choice, my intellect can still make a choice, despite the predestination.

Is is fair to be predestined?? Yes. & I thank God for it.

New Creature

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  305
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

I am predestined to be attracted to someone who would be my wife & her to me. the chance for both to meet & fall for each other may be predestined by God. Whether I have would marry her, I can exercise free choice, my intellect can still make a choice, despite the predestination.

New Creature

How can God

New Creature

How can God

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I'd just like to know where it says anywhere in scripture that we should or need to 'accept' Christ as our saviour.

Acts 4:10-12 is pretty clear:

"Then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. He is the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

John 3:17 confirms:

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

John 3:16:

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life

To "believe" is to "accept" what you have heard or learned. In this case, to accept what God has said regarding salvation through Christ.

Jesus said people would be blessed for accepting/believing that He is the risen saviour - God come in the flesh.

"Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

As salvation can only come from God, Thomas' confession confirms that Jesus is God.

And as God the Father himself confirms the Son (Jesus) is also God, it seals the case that salvation is through Christ alone.

But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom." (Hebrews 1:8)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

to the elect it is the blessing

but how about these who are not the elect

Being one of the elect, I find the doctrine of predestination extremely comforting. Is it fair? Of course it is. G-d is the Predestinator! How could it be anything BUT fair????

I'd just like to know where it says anywhere in scripture that we should or need to 'accept' Christ as our saviour.

Acts 4:10-12 is pretty clear:

"Then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. He is the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

John 3:17 confirms:

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

John 3:16:

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life

To "believe" is to "accept" what you have heard or learned. In this case, to accept what God has said regarding salvation through Christ.

Jesus said people would be blessed for accepting/believing that He is the risen saviour - God come in the flesh.

"Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

As salvation can only come from God, Thomas' confession confirms that Jesus is God.

And as God the Father himself confirms the Son (Jesus) is also God, it seals the case that salvation is through Christ alone.

But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom." (Hebrews 1:8)

Yes, we know that salvation is of God through Christ but nothing in what you have stated speaks of 'accepting' Christ. We say it so glibly don't we . . . with questions like, "When did you ask Christ into your heart?" or "When did you accept Christ". It is almost as though we have been conditioned to think that we play a key part in being born of God. Being born of God is without human decision so where does this decision to accept Christ come from? I don't know where it comes from but I know it only leads to one place. Self-righteousness.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

In the gospel of Matt.11:28. Jesus said Come to me all ye who labour and are heavily laden and I will give you rest.He didn't point to some and say, you needn't bother, the Father has chosen hell for.

God created adam with a perfectly good brain, in His own image and likeness, and as adam's descendents we have the ability whether or not to make the right choice or not. Now I am not saying that God didn't know some would make the right choice and some wouldn't because He did, because of His omnicience, but I won't by into the belief He knew individually who would and wouln't

Rom.8:28, says, that whom He foreknew, he also predestinated, which conveys to my mind that some that there were some He did foreknow, such as the OT saints and kings and apostles and prophets, and they were the elect that He was talking about, or hand selected if you like.

If God knew before hand that some were going to have eternal life and some eternal death, why send Jesus, if it was not to reconcile the lost back to the Father. John Calvin who carried over the teaching of Constantine has brainwashed half the christian poulation of the world with his misinformed T.U.L.I.P. doctrine.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

The difficulty in trying to understand what God did in terms of election, is that we try and evaluate it in terms of "linear time". God is outside of time. he lives in the past, present, and future simultaneously

In the gospel of Matt.11:28. Jesus said Come to me all ye who labour and are heavily laden and I will give you rest.He didn't point to some and say, you needn't bother, the Father has chosen hell for.

God created adam with a perfectly good brain, in His own image and likeness, and as adam's descendents we have the ability whether or not to make the right choice or not. Now I am not saying that God didn't know some would make the right choice and some wouldn't because He did, because of His omnicience, but I won't by into the belief He knew individually who would and wouln't

Rom.8:28, says, that whom He foreknew, he also predestinated, which conveys to my mind that some that there were some He did foreknow, such as the OT saints and kings and apostles and prophets, and they were the elect that He was talking about, or hand selected if you like.

If God knew before hand that some were going to have eternal life and some eternal death, why send Jesus, if it was not to reconcile the lost back to the Father. John Calvin who carried over the teaching of Constantine has brainwashed half the christian poulation of the world with his misinformed T.U.L.I.P. doctrine.

Hi Eric

I

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Mutzy, I agree with everything you say. to answer the op, "is predestiny fair?"................What is mere man to say what is fair and what is not..........right?