• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1972

I was praying on the way in, because it was really bothering me. I figured God would either give me the clear signal to bail, or smooth things over.

It was actually a good meeting with my supervisor when I went in. He sort of tried to make it seem like I misunderstood his personal attacks and was very civil to me. He's still full of it, but at least he was calm. He's usually very high-strung. I've tried to reach out to him in the past to see if there are personal problems I could help with, but he's pretty defensive and evasive.

To sum it up, I want more respect for the job I do. Not praise or titles or anything. I just want him to not second guess me so much when I have to make decisions and when I note on the QC report anything that went wrong. Whenever something goes wrong, I write down what the problem was and what I did about it. He automatically assumes that I must have done something stupid to cause the problem, and starts asking probing questions as if I am lying and trying to cover my mistakes. I told him all of this, too.

It turns out that he has had a lot of flakes come through there, so I understand, but still don't think that's a good excuse to take it out on me. When I say the computer messed up, it means the computer messed up, not that I messed up the computer. (software glitches here and there) besides, if they paid enough to keep the good employees, they would have no need to hire all the flakes in the first place.

So anyhoo, I still have my job and am going to stay the course and just look for something else.

It's a TV station where I work. I've been doing this type of job for over 10 years now and I was actually the supervisor at my old TV station. Maybe I hold this guy to my higher standards. I was practically a therapist to my old crew. I'm 35.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I am glad that you didn't quit. I am not you and I am not in your position, but quite simply, I felt uncomfortable about the idea of you quitting without having another job to go to. :huh:

I pray that another position will come up for you in the near future! :wub:

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I'm so happy for you!!! See God steamrolled the whole situation and had a good talk through session with your supervisior I'm so happy for you!!

Big Time, I want to tell you about what I went through at my last place of employment. I was the creative director for the Walmart Canada acccount and these guys would just play so much games with me, they would love me one day and hate me the next when in reality I know they actually love me and my work. BUT I COULDN'T STAND IT! It was the same thing you described here about your job. You weren't getting the respect you deserved and was looked down upon even though you do your job really well.

All my clients loved me, they all loved the work I did and I loved the work I did! It was a superb learning experiance and the whole management team loved me, but i think what happened along the way is that they realized I was getting too good too fast (I'm 25) because for my age its unheard of to see the things I was doing and my title as well. I was very agressive and so I think they got scared I might ask for a raise and more money when infact that was the last thing on my mind. All i wanted was experiance and a good name because I can get the money I deserve at my next job in another company.. this was my reasoning.

Anyway, after a year of putting up with their insults and cynicism, I had enough and couldn't stand how rude they were to me, when I was doing all these great things for their company and staying about an hour later than my neccessary hours. They also started ruining my good name, and after I saw how they treated a couple of good people who left the company, I figured there was no point in staying because I would never get the good name and recommendations I tried so hard to obtain. Anyway, I left with no regrets an no shame.

BIG MISTAKE..

1. God gave me this wonderful job and didn't tell me to leave nor did I even seek his adivce. Except for when I needed help with a breakthrough in a project at work.

2. I didn't have a job and expected to get one as soon as I left since I was so loved and good at my old workplace.

That was May this year, its now November and here is what happened.. I got depressed.. didn't feel like working, didn't feel like searching for jobs and have a huge amount of credit card debt waiting for me. This is why I said you shouldn't leave. AND THANK GOD you didn't, I'm so happy for you!! :emot-highfive:

Just seek God's advice in everything as David did when he was in the wilderness and living in caves or among the philistines. He will sustain you in times of hardship.. remember that when there is a little bit of suffering, its sign of great things awaiting you in the near future. If you can spare a few bucks I also recommend to get this book.

Career Warfare

I buy it for all my friends, I'm sure you will love it too!

GOD BLESS YOU :biggrin2::laugh:

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Also I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you are probably between the ages of 18-25 and this is only the first or second job that you've ever had.

Am I Right??

Shad,

not everyone that is having a problem with work environment, is between the ages of 18 - 25.....

I had a hard time looking, because of my age..... pushing 50....... tooo old....... (over qualified is the official reason)......

i am also retired from the Navy, so workplace antics are not unknown to me.... but there is a line..... especially when the owner claims to be Christian, and is cheating his employees.....

Teresa is unable to work, and we have 8 houses we are making payments on.......

my work history includes many facets of work in many work places, and only one was I released from, and only one have I quit for cause.......

Sirloin Stockade, PT

City Library, PT

lawn care, PT

construction company, PT/FT

grocery store, PT

US Navy, FT WITH OT

base club ( DJ and also dishwashing ) PT

Rec center. PT

Masonic lodge, (custodial, then moved up to assistant manager, was open 7 days a week...) PT/FT

building maintenance PT

farm work FT

substitute school teacher, PT

land scaping and lawn care, FT

warehouseman, FT

plumbing, heating and air (self employed) FT

and factory work (maintenance) FT

currently, the place i work right now, has a union rep that is very much obsene with his language and has been reported and is being investigated... it was even said he should not even be allowed back on the company property.....

does that mean i quit? no, but if things continue on, and get worse because of reports, yea, then it gets reported to higher authorities and then strike.....

I knew the Lord would carry us through, if we only stayed loyal to Him and did what we are suppose to....

out of the 2 and half months with out work this past year, we are doing well..... when we earned 50 dollars, at least 5 went into the offering (tithes and offerings) when we got more, more went in.....

well, bout time for me to head to work....

blessings to all

mike

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/03/1974

Also I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you are probably between the ages of 18-25 and this is only the first or second job that you've ever had.

Am I Right??

Shad,

not everyone that is having a problem with work environment, is between the ages of 18 - 25.....

I had a hard time looking, because of my age..... pushing 50....... tooo old....... (over qualified is the official reason)......

i am also retired from the Navy, so workplace antics are not unknown to me.... but there is a line..... especially when the owner claims to be Christian, and is cheating his employees.....

Teresa is unable to work, and we have 8 houses we are making payments on.......

my work history includes many facets of work in many work places, and only one was I released from, and only one have I quit for cause.......

Sirloin Stockade, PT

City Library, PT

lawn care, PT

construction company, PT/FT

grocery store, PT

US Navy, FT WITH OT

base club ( DJ and also dishwashing ) PT

Rec center. PT

Masonic lodge, (custodial, then moved up to assistant manager, was open 7 days a week...) PT/FT

building maintenance PT

farm work FT

substitute school teacher, PT

land scaping and lawn care, FT

warehouseman, FT

plumbing, heating and air (self employed) FT

and factory work (maintenance) FT

currently, the place i work right now, has a union rep that is very much obsene with his language and has been reported and is being investigated... it was even said he should not even be allowed back on the company property.....

does that mean i quit? no, but if things continue on, and get worse because of reports, yea, then it gets reported to higher authorities and then strike.....

I knew the Lord would carry us through, if we only stayed loyal to Him and did what we are suppose to....

out of the 2 and half months with out work this past year, we are doing well..... when we earned 50 dollars, at least 5 went into the offering (tithes and offerings) when we got more, more went in.....

well, bout time for me to head to work....

blessings to all

mike

I made that statement based on his comments and the way he was blowing his own horn so to speak about how he was so great and made it sound like the company would be the ones losing out if he left as if he was the sole reason they were successful.

Those type comments generally come from young kids who's ego's are bigger than their brains and think they can go in quit and have another job making more money by the end of the same day.

If I was wrong in assuming that was the case here then that's my mistake.